Xtratime Community banner

What is acceptable this year from Chelsea?

• Premiership Champions, nothing less

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Champions League place

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Uefa Cup Place

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Domestic/European Cup Success as well as European Qualification

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the minimum, we as Chelsea fans should expect from Ranieri and co. this season?

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have to get atleast fourth. We need to play in Champions League. It would boost our confidence, economy and also make us more attractive to quality players.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that's the option I took. I'd be happy with CL footy next year.

·
THE
14,355 Posts
Sissies :) Nothing less that the PL titel. But as usually our hopes will be gone after 3 first games :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
The championship.

To reach the peak you must have you eyes fixed on it.

We don't spend all that money just to qualify. I know its a bit rash, but the ability is there.

This team just needs some cohesion. If we can't do it with this lot then I say scrap them and start with a strict youth policy determined to build a dynasty the proper way-as they did at Manchester United.

If it means sacrificing (much) and even getting relegated:eek: in order to build a yound team then I say why not?

This year we could in theory win. If not then let's sacrifice because I'm sick of these millionaires playing our emotions week in and week out. Remember last year? If they had more of a fight in them (ahem-- homegrown English battleworthyness) maybe some of those abysmal performances would have been 3-pointers.

I stand by my vote-Champions!!!

We do have the quality but can Claudio find the path, we shall see.........

Come.....on......you.........boys in blue, come on you boys in blue...........................!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I'm (obviously) not a Chelsea fan but I'd be expecting big big things this year from the squad ... there are no holes or weaknesses whatsoever - it is simply a matter of consistancy and the foreign legion getting on the same page.

The strike force is second to none ...
The midfield is great ... expect a fully fit Gronkjaer to shine and deliver goals to Eidur and JFH on a plate ...

and the defence is superb - Gallas, Terry and Desailly with either Cudicini or Bosnich to choose from to stand between the sticks!!

I voted for a CL place - but that's the minimum you lot should expect (as with us) ... a title run is a definite possibility.

·
Registered
201 Posts
dyertribe said:
I'm (obviously) not a Chelsea fan but I'd be expecting big big things this year from the squad ... there are no holes or weaknesses whatsoever - it is simply a matter of consistancy and the foreign legion getting on the same page.

The strike force is second to none ...
The midfield is great ... expect a fully fit Gronkjaer to shine and deliver goals to Eidur and JFH on a plate ...

and the defence is superb - Gallas, Terry and Desailly with either Cudicini or Bosnich to choose from to stand between the sticks!!

I voted for a CL place - but that's the minimum you lot should expect (as with us) ... a title run is a definite possibility.
Really??? Im not that sure but I certainly hopes so. I actually think that you have a much bigger chance then us both I hope that Im wrong again.:D :D :D

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm with The Swede on this, not only do Newcastle have a more settled squad but also a better coach :(

However when you put it like that dyertribe things look a little better for Chelsea than what we, on here have been thinking, apart from kat & Ljubuski ;)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
ChelseaBear said:
I'm with The Swede on this, not only do Newcastle have a more settled squad but also a better coach :(

However when you put it like that dyertribe things look a little better for Chelsea than what we, on here have been thinking, apart from kat & Ljubuski ;)

We may be "settled" but that's only because we have zero depth and had practically zero injuries last season - as soon as Craig Bellamy's knee injury occurred we completely fell apart ... and heaven forbid if Shay, Laurent or *gulp* Alan went down.

Don't forget you stuffed Man U 3-0 at OT lat season - something we could never dream of doing - we couldn't even get a point there during the Keegan era!

Like I said - the big question is (as always) if the foreign legion can get it together. The big positive is that Ranieri will be entering a season for the first time with the ability to communicate fluently with 100% of his squad and staff, something which will prove invaluable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts