Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carini made two great games againist Messina and Anderlecht(I saw them both), but still he havent got chance after these games. And "god" has put Toldo and Fontana in over him, who both have around same number of clean sheets as Carini have. But the got they clean-shhet only after every 5 games or something. What are you thinking mancini? We don't need new goalkeeper. We have Carini! BUt that fuking Mancini cant understand that Carini is the best at the moment not hes lovers Toldo and Fontana.

And Pasquale is better than Coco?

Mancini, put in players that are the best! Not these who do you like best!

Forza Carini! Forza Coco!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Carini has a tough job of going against Toldo. Now Toldo was considered one of the best GKs in the world a while ago and quite honestly, he's still doing his job even though he's had a short period of bad form. Realistically, a couple of bad games for Toldo and a couple of "easy" good games for Carini DOES NOT warrant Carini the green light over Toldo.

Remember, Carini came in the Messina game in the second half, and although he saved a penalty, Toldo had been there longer, so logically the credit goes to Toldo. Remember, if he hadn't stopped the player and got the red card, we would've already conceded a goal. Besides, when Carini came in we were already 3-0 up and that lead increased shortly to 4 goals. So it was already a gone case for Messina, who were playing for the sake of it. The same can be said about Anderlecht, the absolute worst team in the CL with 0 points. It was the last match in the CL and everything had already been decided for both teams. So Carini had it easy and I doubt he faced the same attacking pressure that Toldo and Fontana have in the other more serious matches.

I'm not saying he should never be given a chance, I'm just saying that it is really hard to decide who the #1 GK should be at this point in time. Carini deserves a chance to prove his worth, and I believe that chance will come eventually. Toldo is aging and Fontana is already a dinosaur, so Carini will get his chance sooner or later, especially taking into consideration the number of competitions and matches we play every season.

As for Coco, you cant forget how fragile that player is. He might be 100% now, but you never know when his back decides to snap. Its better to be safe and bring him back gradually starting with less serious competition like the Copa, instead of losing him out for another year.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I think Carini should bide his time, after all Toldo wont be around forever. But Toldo on his day is amazing, but for now maybe Mancio can give Fabian some match experience for now so it can give Francesco a break.

As for Coco, well once touted as the next Maldni, he hasnt been able to do much due to the horrific set of injuries he has had. I think we should give him a decent run, if it doesnt work out then let him go.

After all every player deserves at least a chance.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Well said Razman. I mean, Tanel's post is a perfect illustration of what is wrong with Inter. This is typical of an average Interista, to whom a couple of bad games make a player rubbish regardless of what he has done for the club in the past and a couple of good games make another player a champion or a fenomenon. The scariest part, however, is that an average Interista is the owner of the club...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasnt just a penalty save againist Messina. He came out of the goalline in right moments and catched some crosses. And againist Anderlecht, he wasnt been on game very much, but in one moment, he made a terrific save. What Fontana would have sucked in for sure. Toldo is other case, but Carini shoul be our second choice, not Fontana.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
The oponents in Carini's games were quite weak. And Fontana was very good in every game except, maybe, Siena. So take it easy with compliments and criticism.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUt we have played againist many "weak" opponents, but we still have drawed it thanks to our goalkeepers or defenders. And there are any weak opponents in Serie A and Cl! ;) And if we follow logic of your post then we dont should put in a player who scored 6 goals againist Serie B team. Or made 5 great saves.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I don't see how your critising Jimmy, Tanel. He is the modern pro, dispite hes age and lack of first team action on a regular basis when he is called into action, he has never put a foot wrong and has proved he can be relied on.

On to Carini again, you do know during his loan spell in Belgium at Liege, he pretty much sucked.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But really, after two great games we putted him into bench. I have very very big respect in Toldo. But we should put him into game againist Siena for sure, not Fontana. I don't care how he played before he came to Inter, i do care what he has done in Inter. And think about what i said in my last post: "And if we follow logic of your post then we dont should put in a player who scored 6 goals againist Serie B team. Or made 5 great saves."

Can you comment this? Mancini prefers players, that's for sure. Always we have something wrong with our squad. At the moment it's Mancini with his "can't organize defence" (Ok, Mihajlovic-Cordoba have done very good job, but if someone else will get into action, he sucks) and prefering players (C. Zanetti, Veron, Fontana over Carini) or not want to put in some players who are worth to be on startin line-up. (Emre, Coco, Davids, Carini)

Who want to bet with me that a ex-Lazio (Fiore) player or some player who is playing at Lazio(Oddo, Cesar) now will come to Inter in january?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Tanel said:
Can you comment this? Mancini prefers players, that's for sure. Always we have something wrong with our squad. At the moment it's Mancini with his "can't organize defence" (Ok, Mihajlovic-Cordoba have done very good job, but if someone else will get into action, he sucks) and prefering players (C. Zanetti, Veron, Fontana over Carini) or not want to put in some players who are worth to be on startin line-up. (Emre, Coco, Davids, Carini)

Who want to bet with me that a ex-Lazio (Fiore) player or some player who is playing at Lazio(Oddo, Cesar) now will come to Inter in january?
How does this relate to Coco and Carini?

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Tanel said:
But really, after two great games we putted him into bench. I have very very big respect in Toldo. But we should put him into game againist Siena for sure, not Fontana. I don't care how he played before he came to Inter, i do care what he has done in Inter. And think about what i said in my last post: "And if we follow logic of your post then we dont should put in a player who scored 6 goals againist Serie B team. Or made 5 great saves."

Can I comment on this? Sure! Tanel, Toldo was suspended for the Siena game due to the red card vs Messina. :tongue: :howler: Now, start going red in the face as you should! :D

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Lightoller said:
Can I comment on this? Sure! Tanel, Toldo was suspended for the Siena game due to the red card vs Messina. :tongue: :howler: Now, start going red in the face as you should! :D
LOL!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Coco

The way I see things, if Coco can return to full fitness and make a contribution then he will undoubtedly be Mancini's first team starter. Of course, that is a pretty big IF but I do not see Pasquale or Favalli giving him much opposition. Hopefully, Mancini will give him another chance to play in the last match of 2004 against Pro Sesto and then we can take things from there.

All indications are that he will eventually take his place in the starting eleven at left back. Rightly or wrongly, his contract has been extended until 2009 and Inter's management must have had some faith in him before making that decision. But then on the other hand, if Moratti is looking for new ways to throw away his money then renewing Coco's contract before he has proven himself post-operation might be Moratti's most recent mistake.

Carini

Carini is still a youngster. I do not believe we should judge him as being worthy of a starting position based solely on the handful of performances he has made this season. What is obvious is that Toldo and Fontana are old hands and sooner or later they will leave Inter or retire after which Carini will have his chance. Until then, I believe the best Inter can do for Carini is give him time in goals when circumstances allow.

One last thing, Inter has been linked to the signing of a Brazilian keeper when the January transfer window opens. In response to that report I would just like to say that if Inter swoop for a new keeper then Mancini will leave us with no doubt that he is building a squad for the future. But what I would like to say is that Inter should think long and hard about brining in a new keeper as doing so will undermine the confidence and create uncertainity for Inter's present keepers. Unless there is a danger that another club will beat us to his servives then Inter should wait until the new season. It is not as if we have a shortage of options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts