Xtratime Community banner

What shall we do now?

350 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  AMOROSO! 
#1 ·
Well folks, I don't know about you, but I am already hoping for the title in the 2003/2004 season already. With Leeds, Arsenal and Newcastle doing no favours for themselves, the title is again handed to the Mancs without even an inkling of a challenge.

As for our woes, we have gone 8 matches without a win (I may be wrong). Not getting full points from the Saints who looked like relegation material to me, was a disgrace. Instead, we were harrassed throughout the 80 minutes by a team of has-beens.

Seriously speaking, with Thommo in charge and Houllier sipping wine somewhere in France, we are slipping down the table fast Like what Urchin mentioned in another thread, this is our fourth season and where is our title, Ged?

ManYoo's next and being very honest, this match would make or break our season. If we inflict defeat no.7 on them, we have done ourselves and the neutrals a service by stopping them on their tracks. However, the more likely scenario would be that we would be knocked out of our senses. By the time the Frog's back at Melville, we would probably be languishing in tenth place and playing for a UEFA Cup place.

With the name "Kluivert" circulating in the rumor mill, I think Litty's time at Anfield could be up. Heskey's fate was sealed the day Anelka walked into Anfield. All these news are very unsettling for the players.

What are your views? For me, I have this sinking feeling that we are headed for another long slump.

See less See more
#2 ·
Jones, who conceded seven goals against The Reds at Anfield three years ago, said afterwards: "Playing in front of the Kop is usually an unforgettable experience for a goalkeeper.
"Normally, you can't hear yourself think. Yet everything was different today. The fans were strangely quiet, and the players' confidence just seemed to drain away."

Striker Kevin Davies, who bagged his first Saints goal in over a year to deny The Reds a share of the spoils, said: "It is definitely a good time to be playing Liverpool because their confidence is so low.
"Normally when they take an early lead, it is the signal for them to kick on and win by two or three goals. But they gave us a chance to get back into it in the second half.
"You could even sense the crowd getting on at the players and, as a visiting team, that gives you a yard of pace and extra bite in the tackles"

Look what two saints players have to say about the current Liverpool..... sum it up really.... the players are short of confidence (unlike our beloved Fowler) and the fans are not helping.....

Just wish that we could still turn it around....

#3 ·
Hey, birdie, I finally have to disagree with you on something. We've been going shoulder-to-shoulder for a long time but finally we're up against a barrier that you found very hard to overcome while I can step onto my own throat and say that if we somehow manage to get a very unlikely win at OT all our previous woes would dissapear in vain! Keep in mind there are still plenty of fans for whom the result is all that matters. If we win this game it will take another half-year of suffering until folks realize that party is over and hangover seem to never go away. What's more important for you, the welfare of your club or your meager and petty vengeance ffelings? Actually i don't worry that much about it coz there is simply no fecking way that we beat them at OT on the current form that we both are. But one thing that bogs me is that Fergie is so sly and cunnie that he might go to such an extent as to give this game away in order to keep GH at Anfield and thus wiping us out off the map. He knows he can afford that. even if they lose tomorrow they will run away with the title by at least 5 points come May.

So greater the margin of loss tomorrow the better is for Liverpool. 5, 6:0 would be great. Hopefully that will be enough for EVERYBODY to wake up and DO SOMETHING.

-the most untrue and disloyal Pool fan. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Fergie: Liverpool badly miss Houlllier

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Liverpool are badly missing Gerard Houllier and that the Frenchman himself does not know when he will return.

Liverpool go into tomorrow's Barclaycard Premiership showdown with Manchester United at Old Trafford on the back of a run of just one win in their last nine league games.

Liverpool have slipped from first to fifth in the table during this time and Ferguson has no doubts the Merseysiders are missing Houllier as he recovers from his major heart surgery.

Liverpool had hoped that Houllier would be back in the dugout by the end of this month.

But Ferguson spoke to him last week and he claims he told him that he is unsure when he will be back.

'They'll be missing Gerard, no question about that,' said the United manager.

'I spoke to him last week and he doesn't know when he'll be back. It won't be immediately, we know that.

'He's taking advice off the doctors, which is good, and I talk to him regularly. He seems to be getting stronger.'

Ferguson, 60, was as shocked as anyone when he heard that Houllier had been taken to hospital for emergency surgery back in October.

He claims it made him stop and think and he is thankful that so far he has not had any major health problems.

'Everyone thinks of their health when they see someone like Gerard have a heart problem at a young age,' said Ferguson on United's official website.

'That leaves an indelible mark on you. You just hope you escape and get out the other end.'

Of cos Fergie missed Houllier, Liverpool getting to the top without Houllier certainly gave him a few sleepless nights during that period. Now Houllier is back (even if he is invisible), Fergie can feel more comfortable. It will be better the Houllier comes back and destroy the team with the full measure of his so called "managerial powers" like Biscan at left wing and condemning Litmanen to the stands till the end of the season (Remember after the West Ham match, Litmanen never appear till much much later and it was only cos there is no choice). The fans patience are running out with Thommo and it seems inevitable that Thommo might actually do something. How great for Fergie is Liverpool were to start again with Houllier and let the fans be pacified and play rubbish football for 10 more matches before it is plain that Houllier is not the magicial cure. Perfect for Fergie! The faster Houllier comes back, the better.

Of cos this is a very far fetched comment. But I thought it would be very interesting to create a story.

However I am serious about everything else I said in my other posts unless stated.

#5 ·
MINDSCAPE said:
How great for Fergie is Liverpool were to start again with Houllier and let the fans be pacified and play rubbish football for 10 more matches before it is plain that Houllier is not the magicial cure. Perfect for Fergie! The faster Houllier comes back, the better.

so what you're saying is that you're damned if Houllier comes back, and you're damned if he doesn't. Not many options left, outside of getting shut of the manager and starting again, then, is there.

#6 ·
Fred - We r already damned with him behind the scenes controlling the puppet Thommo. I am pretty sure 70 percent of the Kop is denying the reality and hope that Houllier comeback will change things. The situation now is so desperate that anyone other then Thommo will be acceptable to the masses, even Houllier even if it is obvious that Thommo is following Houllier instructions.

#9 ·
Do you think Man Utd would do any good if they had to miss Fergie for that much? or ANY team for that matter?

Come on, I think the whole Houllier bashing is tottaly ridiculous sometimes. When he is here and we are top of the league he gets no credit, when he is at the hospital/France and we suck he gets all the blame!

A team's good form also has to do with confidence and motivation. See how many players dropped form without Houllier? I'm not saying he is the reason behind the players good form (before anyone blame me for thinking GH is the best coach in the world blah blah blah :rolleyes: ) but that the team has to do with an assistant coach for so long is unsettling. Thommo is not ready to be a manager (I doubt he will ever be) and Houllier's presence is clearly being missed! Say what you want about his tactics, but Liverpool's fighting attitude is gone as well, and while Houllier was there we were fighting for everything!

I'm not happy neither with the football we are playing and obviusly neither with the results. But blaming Houllier for everything and not giving him a bit of credit when he deserves it is tiring and clearly unobjective.

Yeah, you lot will probably come out and say that I'm not a true fan and all I care about is results blah blah blah :rolleyes:. I dont care. When Houllier was in the bench Liverpool was winning, now he is gone we are not winning. Do the math.

#10 · (Edited)
AMOROSO! said:
when he is at the hospital/France and we suck he gets all the blame!
You might go on and suggest that it's coz GH was not around that we lost Fowler... but I don't get, are you implying that PT is lying when he says that it's HIM, GH, who picks the team and dictates the tactics??? You do your math, Amo. It's the FECKING same tactics!!! There is only one person in the world who would keep Jari on the bench even if his team is losing and losing and losing and can not string TWO i'm not saying 3 or more, just TWO passes together!. Reason? He doesn't need player who can pass. He doesn't need him to play his friggin' long balls! Jari is a THORN in his longballa**!!!! So was McManaman!

And when you say "when we were winning" what exactly you have in mind? Had we ever been on a sorta winning streak (like MU currently are) under GH? My memory is too short, plz remind me when did that happen?

#11 ·
AMOROSO! said:
A team's good form also has to do with confidence and motivation. See how many players dropped form without Houllier? I'm not saying he is the reason behind the players good form (before anyone blame me for thinking GH is the best coach in the world blah blah blah :rolleyes: ) but that the team has to do with an assistant coach for so long is unsettling. Thommo is not ready to be a manager (I doubt he will ever be) and Houllier's presence is clearly being missed! Say what you want about his tactics, but Liverpool's fighting attitude is gone as well, and while Houllier was there we were fighting for everything!
And I refer when we were on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.