Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are pissed about the latest draw and even you are starting to have a laugh about it but the problem is not the results or any tactical decision by Mancini. It's the mentality and the stile of play that has been around for so long it's sort of seared into Inter and infects the newly arrived players.

The fact that Inter won nothing in 6 years(UEFA cup in 1998) is more a consequence then a cause. It all started with the coming of Tardelli who was an unmitigated disaster whose results installed an inferiority complex in the players. Cuper got some of the pride back, at least results-wise, but his ultra-negative style installed not a will to win but a fear of a loss at the same time quelling any kind of fantasy and imagination in favour of his system, due to which, unless he changes his ways, he will always be a nearly-man and a never-will-be.

It takes time to change a mentality of a team and many a painful falls on the way. You complain a lot that Mancini does not, once Inter takes the lead, resort to a bit more defensive tactics. The trouble is, he sees that the players are fragile psychologically and that they are not confident when defending and he seeks to give them at least some glimpse of a winning mentality by having them attack and trying to win with as many goals as possible. Why he is not succeeding entirely so far is a combination of many factors one of which can be summed up as "what goes around comes areound". During Cuper even teams in the relegation zone used to create at least 3-4 clear-cut chances only to miss them inexplicably. This season Inter hardly conceeds any chances to the oponent but when they do they conceed a goal. Incredible! Also the conversion rate of chances under Cuper was almost 100% while today...

Some improvements are visible,though. Would Inter of last season claw back from 2 goals down with 10 minutes left two games in a row? Would they salvage a point at Siena after conceeding what was supposed to be a winning goal for the opposition in the 86th minute? And remember: there is still a zero in Inter's "defeats" column...

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
So you are meaning to tell me that the way of getting a winning mentality is to get lots of draws?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Lightoller, are you by any chance Roberto Mancini himself?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Demandred said:
Lightoller, are you by any chance Roberto Mancini himself?
Muahahahahha

But yeah, what gives? I'd have though any self respecting laziale would be ready to burn him on the cross by now.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah but you don't understand the nature of Italy's club alignments. You keep going on about racism that only 5 percent of the crowd show but in reality Lazio and Inter are bound by a bond that no one can break.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Yeah but you don't understand the nature of Italy's club alignments. You keep going on about racism that only 5 percent of the crowd show but in reality Lazio and Inter are bound by a bond that no one can break.
Ah, yes. That thing. You must all be so proud.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Inter need to add more offense. To be honest, we aren't that dangerous anymore, the only time we really start thrreatening this season is when we fall behind and mancini throws every striker on the bench into the game. We have great strikers, but that isnt enough, I think we need a player permanently behind them, it can be karagounis, Recoba or Veron, maybe even Emre, but don't bog him down with defensive duty, we play well when there is no gap between the midfield and attack. It is sad seeing Vieri or Adriano all alone out there. There is never more than 2 players in the opponents box. Once that changes, I think we will start scoring more (and not just in the last 2 minutes after going behind).

My 2 cents.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
One person who I really want the opinion of is Jimmy and what he thinks of this coach Mancini. I have hardly seen him say anything bout it, and take a side. I want to hear what you have to say about the coach and why we are so bad :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I know what needs to be done!

Both these players must be put in black and blue

!!!!

Presidente, chances of this happening?

Adriano: "this is the inter way"
Kaka: "How i wish i was on your team adri, how i wish.."

Hhahah awesome................

Oba OBa-----------------Vieri---------------Adriano-----------
------------------------Kaka---------------------------------
---------------Cambiasso---------Davidds----------------------
-Coco------------Gmarra--------COrdoba------------------JZZZ

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Be careful, Pulsar, it might go the other way around. Remember the big fuss when Adriano said a couple of years back that he wanted to play for Milan... :tongue:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
But you know every attacker in the world wants to play for Mancini b/c its an attack mid's dream to be in a Mancio lineup where all you do is attack like there's no tomorrow..almost kamakazi in nature

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Inter are simply lacking players in defence period,They get that right then they'll be even better.Inter have also been unlucky in many of their matches,squandering precious leads that they shouldn't of.But anyhow things aren't as bad as what they seem IMO.
Yes they've drawn alot but they still haven't lost,And in Europe I honestly think they can threaten also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts