Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play as Defensive Mid.
I am very good in tackling the opponent, heading the ball out of my zone, and long pass forward to the attacking players, and I have big stamina.
But I am not very fast and I can not dribble well, my finishing is poor too. (that's why I am not an attacking player).
How about you guys?
Please share any football tips that you guys may have :cap:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
When I was younger I played both right and left flank. My strengths were my pace, dribbling and shooting. My weakness were that I wasn't that good defensively, my crossing sucks, and my passing wasn't the greatest. My coaches would usually sub me out late in games for a more defensive player.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
When i used to player soccer i played sweeper or dc i had good header and awesome slid taclking i also managed to score 7 goals one season playing as sweeper :D

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
As a youth I played a right fullback and was virtually impossible to pass due to my pace and ironwill. Now I am more of an fancy winger with a bag full of tricks, but I can't score in matches for some reason (score a lot in training).

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
when i was younger i played left wing. no one else could play that role because they couldnt use their opposite foot and i could. my strengths were my pace and dribbling.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Anywhere down the middle and Im abit of a tall lefty version of a Veron who rarely uses their weaker foot but I read the game very well and very nice left foot.

Started playing football very late though, Damn Basketball

·
Registered
522 Posts
i used to play as a right winger, because of my pace (i was a school sprinter), then when i was about 12 years old, i was asked to play as a goalkeeper coz no one wanted to play there... They figured that because i was tall and had long arms, i would make a good keeper.. And they were right, coz i've been in that position ever since... Even played in tournaments and all... :D

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
This is not the right forum to this topic; it should be moved to "Xtratime on the pitch" I think.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Defensive midfielder... although I play much better in a role with another DM, like what my coach has done with me for the past two years. I have very good chemistry with the other starting DM on our squad, and we can read the play very well. It also helps that we have an absolutely incredible right side, with the right-back, right-winger and right-side striker all helping me out on right-side DM.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
I play central midfield , more of a box to box role. Get substituted in the 2nd half , because i ahvent got the best of staminas (damn cigarretes). but hard tackling and closing down opponents is my job. not the most creative player offensively though.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Defender/Defensive midfielder; left/right/center.

In my heart I am a wing-back. My dribbling isn't fantastic however I'm good at getting up and down the wings. I could play as an attacking midfielder but that position always gets filled.

Good points: passing, pace, stamina, tackling, both feet.

Weak points: Heading, shooting.

Indifferent: Dribbling, crossing.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I'm like Recoba, invisible most of them time. And then it comes together and... I'm not very good anyway. :D

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
..water carrier..an stylish one btw..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey zack_manutd no need to be pissed, buddy
I was just laughing at your post because it happens to my team as well. Often, those players who are not that good with the ball will play defense.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts