Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Obviously Amelia and De Sanctis.

It all depends on injuries, form etc. but probably Quagliarella and maybe Borriello. I think all the midfielders will see some playing time. Even Barone got some time in WC06 :D

·
Administrator
53,540 Posts
I think Quag will eventually get to play, especially the 3rd game if the optimal of two straight wins occurs.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Alot depends on injuries and how far we go etc. I think just the GKs if we do go far. Maybe even Amelia could play if we win the first two :)

·
Registered
18,344 Posts
Materazzi, Panucci, Perrotta and Borriello.
Grosso was crap yesterday. There are 3.5 fullbacks. Panucci isn't certainly going to miss out on games.

Materazzi is the most talented of our CBs. He is slow but Cannavaro is mobile and therefore also might get games.

I think Quagliarella and Perrotta are the most likely to miss out games. Toni might need some rest.

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
I don't really believe Panucci will miss out.

...and I agree on Grosso. Maybe Chiellini should be tried on left back. But Zambrotta is the only class back on form there is.

Both Barzagli and Chiellini have more speed, talent and brain than Matrix.

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
Wow, for a second, I thought I was posting with Osman's profile (the avatar) :scared: :D

·
Registered
18,344 Posts
I don't agree at all about talent. Materazzi has it. He is just lacking pace and brains (quite important for sure) but it doesn't seem like the other centre backs have huge qualities either. We'll see...

The biggest ommission from the final squad for me is Oddo... I don't understand how Panucci can be our 3rd full back and our second being hard to trust at times...

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
The 2 goalies for certain wont be used at all. I dont know what Donadoni's policies is tho I like how Lippi kept everyone involved it would be nice to Donadoni to do that as well.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Do you think Donadoni will go with Materazzi or Chiellini to partner Canna?

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
He should go with Chiellini hands down I mean Materazzi has been extremely poor for Inter this year while Chiellini has been extremely consistent. Materazzi was very key in last year's final which I will admit even tho I hate him, but he almost cost us the Australia game. Besides Canna and Materazzi are both old so someone like Ryan Babbel from Holland would run riot. Or Benzema for France :scared:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Borriello and/or Quagliarella will obviously play (if we do go far), unless Toni somehow lasts for all the matches

I think Quag will play anyway, he offers something different upfront from any other player in the squad, that he can run the channels well and be a decent link for Toni... Borriello is simply the sub to Toni, and indeed if we did go far, Toni cant last for all the games.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.