Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my vote goes to luci and serkan.

luci doesnt cut it for europe and serkan always seems to be falling down. he does this especially in the corner areas by our box.

i would also consider nobre as i dont think he's very useful outside our league...

·
*the drum drum*
42,783 Posts
To make it easier on everyone, here's what you have to choose from:

1. Volkan Demirel G.K.
2. Fabio Luciano Def.
3. Servet Cetin Def.
4. Stephen Appiah MF
5. Ümit Özat Def/MF
6. Mahmut Hanefi Erdoğdu Def.
7. Mehmet Yozgatlı MF
10. Tuncay Şanlı MF/FW
11. Marcıo Ferreira Nobre FW
14. Recep Biler G.K.
15. Marco Aurelio Brito Dos Prazeres MF
16. Kerim Zengin Def.
17. Can Arat Def.
18. Gürhan Gürsoy MF
19. Önder Turacı Def.
20. Alexsandro de Souza MF
21. Selçuk Şahin MF
22. Serdar Kulbilge G.K.
23. Semih Sentürk FW
24. Deniz Barış Def.
27. Kemal Aslan MF
29. Olcan Adin MF
30. Serkan Balcı Def/MF
32. Gürhan Gürsoy MF
34. Rüştü Reçber G.K.
39. Nicolas Sebastian Anelka FW

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
i love everyone on this team and would not want to see anybody go. sadly football is a business as well. well im not sure how to answer this one because i want to see how the transfer policy for next year will be like and see who we could realistically bring in.

·
*the drum drum*
42,783 Posts
I can't really pick out names definitively, so I'll just go through the players one by one and hope I come to some sort of conclusion :D

Talk about a long post, this has been in the making all day, bit by bit whilst I'm taking care of other things.. A cup of coffee is advised before reading this one..

1. Volkan Demirel
Rustu's heir, STAY.

34. Rüştü Reçber
Showing no signs of deteriorating, STAY.

14. Recep Biler
Either he goes or Serdar.

22. Serdar Kulbilge
See above

* Note: Volkan Babacan has looked promising for the youth NT. The hope is that he can move up the pecking order in the next seasons, aiming for #3 at the soonest opportunity.

----

2. Fabio Luciano
We can do a lot better with a foreign defender. It all comes down to the foreign limit, if it stays, he GOES.

3. Servet Cetin
Unless every team in Turkey signs a Shevchenko clone, he STAYS STAYS STAYS STAYS!

5. Ümit Özat
Versatile, determined and professional. Captain. STAY

6. Mahmut Hanefi Erdoğdu
Not delivering on the promise he showed and is getting on. Needs prolonged first team exposure before we can make a call, STAY but go out on LOAN.

17. Can Arat
Young and promising but a bit of a lightweight. He can only grow from here, because of our lack in depth at the back, STAY (otherwise I'd advise another loan spell for him).

24. Deniz Barış
Doesn't play particularly well anywhere, but is a great patch-up job anywhere across the back and midfield, STAY.

19. Önder Turacı
What a transfer coup he's turned out to be, STAY.

----

4. Stephen Appiah
STAY!

7. Mehmet Yozgatlı
I do still like him as a player, but I don't see exactly what he offers to the team that we really need. Can STAY or GO, I don't care.

10. Tuncay Şanlı
STAY!

15. Marco Aurelio Brito Dos Prazeres
Hmm, as tough as it is to say, I think we could benefit by finding a better partner for Appiah in the middle, someone a lot more rounded then Aurelio is, someone who keeps back infront of the back four and dictates the tempo all game long.. Though I don't want him forced out after his heroic comeback story last season.. HMMMMMMMMMMM

18. Gürhan Gürsoy
Been around a while, but he's still so young. STAY with a view to LOAN.

20. Alexsandro de Souza
Ha! Stay!

21. Selçuk Şahin
Adds depth to the midfield, and a quality player if not that great. STAY.

27. Kemal Aslan
Should Mehmet leave, I can see him being very useful wide on the right with some consistant appearances. STAY

29. Olcan Adin
Should definitely stay and get a lot more minutes in the coming season. STAY.

30. Serkan Balcı
Versatile and an Ali Gunes like ultimate utility player, STAY.

32. Gürhan Gürsoy
Like his clone, STAY with a view to LOAN! :D

----

11. Marcıo Ferreira Nobre
Like with Luciano, we could do better with a foreigner slot, and again it's really down to the foreigner limit.

16. Kerim Zengin
Haven't seen him, but said to be quick and eager to run at defenders. No loan here, he's better off training with Anelka. STAY.

23. Semih Sentürk
Adds depth, and doing the type of job Nobre does in attack as a poacher. STAY.

39. Nicolas Sebastian Anelka
We need to build the team a little more around him then we do currently, because he's doing everything right apart from consistany scoring. He offers everything a forward should, speed, strength and brilliant technique, his only weakness in the air.. STAY

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I absolutely agree with you on every player Tolga. My only additions are regarding Anelka, Nobre and Luciano:

Anelka - I do want him to stay. He's doing a lot to overcome 'le sulk' reputation, and is fitting in well with the team from what we see. But, while he has done everything right but scoring consistently, he's also getting hurt too often at the wrong time (he's missed all 3 GS debies this season). His price on the market is still really high. So if a better player is out there, and you know that would have to be a name that would bring just as much if not more attention to Fenerbahce, then make a change.

Luciano - Foreigner limit or not, I want him to stay. I love his passion and intensity. Sometimes you need a guy on the pitch to get pissed off and remind the team of whats at stake. I'm sure his communication with the Turks and other nationalities on the team has to be improving in his 3rd year in Istanbul.

Nobre - Same as Luci, foreigner limit or not I want him to stay. His reputation is being made at Fenerbahce, something that never really happened with a young foreigner in the Turkish league before. In general terms, foreigners that came to Fenerbahce have always been somewhat of a name prior to their arrival. Nobre was a throw in to get Alex. In 2 1/2 years he's has scored so many important goals and shown so much commitment to Fenerbahce, that he should be repayed with loyalty. You can point to his runs of poor form, but who on this squad hasn't had that?

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Zafer isn't good anyway, i think he should go. We have Nobre, Anelka, Semih plus Kerim & Tuncay who can play as a forward which are all better than Zafer imo.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
You should get rid of some of the turkish players if you want to become succesfull in Europe and Champions League. I understand that you have grown fond of these players, but for a team with the cash-resources you have and the end of the foreign policy, these are the players that should leave in my opinion:

Servet: Too slow for the Champions League, and there is bound to be better players then him out there. Very poor technical wise aswell.

Recep: Is good enough to play for a Superlig team and should leave, he is wasting his time in Fener and will never get a starting role in Fener, he should try to evolve his talent and become a good goalie instead of thinking of the money. He is still young for a goalie.

Mahmut Erdogu: He was great in the Touloun tournament against players like Adriano, should definately leave to get his career back on track.

Can Arat: Leave, will never get any playing time due to the foreigners that will join the team.

Mehmet Yozgatli: Leave, not good enough for a team that wants to perform in Europe, only reason he is in the squad is that he is turkish and keeps the play simple.

Serkan: Should leave if he knows whats best for him, should join one of the other big Istanbul clubs or even Trabzonspor if he does not want to be wasted like Kemal was. Fener will buy foreigners that are better then him and he will be put on the bench because he is still young and Daum will use that against him.

Kemal: Leave for sure. Need regular playing time to get back to where he was, and with the new big transfer Aziz Yildirim is planning he wil never get that.

Zafer Biryol: Should leave after this season. The reason is pretty obvious.

Semih: Should also leave. Fener will probably get an another striker when the transfer window opens and he is already after both Nobre and Anelka in the pecking order.

Nobre: Should stay, has proven to be a good player even if his reputation was all that when they got him. And with the new foreign policy he does not occupy any slots ether.
I guess that goes for all the foreigners. They should stay.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yenibey said:
I absolutely agree with you on every player Tolga. My only additions are regarding Anelka, Nobre and Luciano:

Anelka - I do want him to stay. He's doing a lot to overcome 'le sulk' reputation, and is fitting in well with the team from what we see. But, while he has done everything right but scoring consistently, he's also getting hurt too often at the wrong time (he's missed all 3 GS debies this season). His price on the market is still really high. So if a better player is out there, and you know that would have to be a name that would bring just as much if not more attention to Fenerbahce, then make a change.

Luciano - Foreigner limit or not, I want him to stay. I love his passion and intensity. Sometimes you need a guy on the pitch to get pissed off and remind the team of whats at stake. I'm sure his communication with the Turks and other nationalities on the team has to be improving in his 3rd year in Istanbul.

Nobre - Same as Luci, foreigner limit or not I want him to stay. His reputation is being made at Fenerbahce, something that never really happened with a young foreigner in the Turkish league before. In general terms, foreigners that came to Fenerbahce have always been somewhat of a name prior to their arrival. Nobre was a throw in to get Alex. In 2 1/2 years he's has scored so many important goals and shown so much commitment to Fenerbahce, that he should be repayed with loyalty. You can point to his runs of poor form, but who on this squad hasn't had that?
nobre&luci arent cut out for europe. they might be great locally but please even u know someone like nobre wont find any openings in europe to cherry pick. luci is horrible in defense.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I think Nobre, Luciano, Aurelio and Rustu should go.

Rustu is done for, we need to bring up the up and coming keeper for Fenerbahce and Turkiye. Send Rustu to another team, I highly doubt that any club would overlook a goalie with his quality.

Nobre, I love the guy, but we can get better.

Luciano, same thing, but we are more than capable of getting someone better than him.

Aurelio, has done some good work in the last couple years, but in reality, he's basically reached his potential, and we're seeing the best of him without any real improvement anymore. If anything, he's gotten a little lazier.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
i think:

Luciano: can get a better centre back than him
Nobre: not cl material
Mehmet: C R A P!!!!!!!!!!
Recep: well how many keepers do we need?

and also i prefer Zafer leaving than Semih.. 2 reasons: his age and his loyalty

well the defender we could buy the replace Luciano depends on the type defence we wanna use..

a straight vack 4 with static full backs or attacking fullbacks..

Attacking fullbacks will require a muchh faster centre back than Luciano for cover..

if we going to use a static back 4.. then maybe Luciano can stay.. he will get cover from Onder on Umit from the full back positions.. Luciano is well too slow for a team with attacking full backs or a team that plays wide, coz his too slow for cover, being partnered with servet dont help either..

I think Servet needs a more Ibrahim Toraman (not saying him particular) type centre back.. or Cannavaro (not saying him in particular either) or even like Dawson (covers King after King goes for the first ball)..

so we need someone thats a bit quick to cover Servet if he misses a challenge... no point in having Servet as the last man coz he will get done for pace..

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
BAFLI said:
I think Servet needs a more Ibrahim Toraman (not saying him particular) type centre back..
Fenerbahce tried that...Toroman chose to sign with BJK and Fenerbahce signed Deniz and Serkan instead...

Some of this could be solved if Deniz showed the form he displayed at GB more consistently...

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
yenibey said:
Fenerbahce tried that...Toroman chose to sign with BJK and Fenerbahce signed Deniz and Serkan instead...

Some of this could be solved if Deniz showed the form he displayed at GB more consistently...

Well you can't blame him for that really, the games he's played have been good, and when you can't play half the season like him because or retarded vocal agreements, you would kinda be inconsistant on the pitch too.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I won't go into who should stay and who should go but I am concerned about the imbalance in the fan support between players.

There are some players that will forever be useless when they play below par and extremely lucky when the actually perform well. Deniz, Mehmet, Selcuk and even Umit Ozat fall within this category. No matter what these guys do it's never appreciated or acknowledged like it should be. When we are not winning (notice I did not say losing) after a certain time period in a home game (sometimes as early as the 20th min!?) these players are the ones that are insulted whenever they get on the ball. Certain fans will never accept these guys as Fenerbahce players - harsh but true!

Then there are others that will only have to do one decent move the entire game and they are applauded like mad - Nicholas Anelka is the main example of this.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Jemster, I totally agree with you....And with totally I mean TOTALLY with a capitol T!!!:D

This is a big problem for turkish football...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
You are totally right (OK, I'll give you a capital 'T' also :D ). Notice that the players in your first category are all Turkish and the player in your second is a foreigner.

Is it that the fans don't want to risk offending / losing a big name foreign signing, whereas they think that a Turkish player should be grateful to be playing for a big club in Turkiye?

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
It's actually a mystery that possibly links to the social culture and the hospitality of Turkish people... For example, when I go to visit a relative my son can get away with a lot of things and I often get reassured that "it's ok he's only a kid". However, when their child does as much as one fifth of what Musti might do, he is told off straight away. The same probably goes for my home too...

In many countries foreign players often complain about the initial prejuidice they must overcome to gain acceptance. These countries, UK included, prefer a homegrown superstar to a foreign one as they realise the positive impact this will have to their NT. In Turkiye it seems to be the opposite, fans are overly welcoming to foreign players and unexplainably harsh on their fellow countryman...

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jemster said:
It's actually a mystery that possibly links to the social culture and the hospitality of Turkish people... For example, when I go to visit a relative my son can get away with a lot of things and I often get reassured that "it's ok he's only a kid". However, when their child does as much as one fifth of what Musti might do, he is told off straight away. The same probably goes for my home too...

In many countries foreign players often complain about the initial prejuidice they must overcome to gain acceptance. These countries, UK included, prefer a homegrown superstar to a foreign one as they realise the positive impact this will have to their NT. In Turkiye it seems to be the opposite, fans are overly welcoming to foreign players and unexplainably harsh on their fellow countryman...
our fellow countrymen love to judge eachother. what u have is a bunch of ignorants who love to criticize. i take shit all the time, ive been living abroad for 17 years and i take more shit during 2 months in the summer than i do living 10 months aborad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts