Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since kanu looks likely to leave along with jeffers , bergkamp , wiltord , who will arsenal buy , Recent weeks its said that Frey will be Arsenals new gk , i hope we get him , but now its said that Niemi is a target , i hope not.we also need a striker , theres kluivert , angel , SO WHO WILL WE GET?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A goalie and a striker

Frey and Drogba

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think that we should probably buy Mexes, because we will then have a solid CB, and Toure can also play on the right or in the centre, so if Lauren leaves we have a right-back.
As for the keeper, I'd like either Frey or Niemi (who we are currently linked with). Either would be good for me, and we also need to recall Jermaine P, as we haven't got much backup for the wings.
I don't think we really need a striker since we have Henry, Reyes, Aliadiere and Bentley.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Just let Taylor play for god's sake...
He deserves a proper chance next season. A whole season as first keeper would do him good and save us some money.

Signings needed:
*Centretank to replace Keown unless any of the youths makes it big very quick...Would be a delight to see Mexes sign for us.
*One or two new attackers.One big huge one and one creative one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think that Taylor is good enough for us in the long run, as a backup yes, but IMO he is probably better being sold to a div1 side, as I can't seem him as our no.1

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
GunnerKK said:
I don't think that Taylor is good enough for us in the long run, as a backup yes, but IMO he is probably better being sold to a div1 side, as I can't seem him as our no.1
He has the potential but he needs first team football to develop his qualities.
Unless Wenger isn't going for him in the long-run I think it would be best to sell Taylor after the season, it's unfair having him as 2:nd keeper with that talent.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think he has enough talent to be a premiership keeper, Stack appears to be good, but not No.1 quality yet, so I'd say get Niemi or Frey, and keep Lehmann/Stack as back-up, and sell Taylor so that another side(as I said before, Div 1) can benefit from him.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
If we actually can get Frey Im up for that, but I doubt it...

How much can he cost?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think that Frey is nearing the end of his contract at Parma, not sure, but I do remember reading something where he said that if it helped pay off some of Parmas debts then he would happily move.

If i can find the article I'll post a link to it.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Seems like perfect if his contract running out.
We'll just have to wait and see... :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well ummm
1. TAYLOR is good enough and it surely is time Wenger gave him an extended run in our squad...
2. no stirkers required, Henry, reyes, ali, bently and even bergkamp who will b there for one more year along with papadopolus and co for the reserves....
3. if we get mexes then, no need for a RB, otherwise a RB and a CB is all we need to buy. we definitely need better cover than Cygan at CB. If mexes was to come Kolo at RB every game would be nice with lauren for cover and HYOTE who i think is on the verge of breakin into our team.
4. Pennant needs to come back to highbury and start playing in a great team.

well all tht said, it looks like leeds just might survive the drop and i sure as hell hope they do...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wakky said:
Just let Taylor play for god's sake...
He deserves a proper chance next season. A whole season as first keeper would do him good and save us some money.

Signings needed:
*Centretank to replace Keown unless any of the youths makes it big very quick...Would be a delight to see Mexes sign for us.
*One or two new attackers.One big huge one and one creative one.
Taylor isn't that good as GunnerKK said
and he has alot of injuries
the perfect replacemnet for me is Hildebrand only if we can offer him
and then Frey

and we do need strikers
cause we're goin to let Wiltord, Kanu, Jeffers to go
so at least 2 strikers

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Hatem Trabelsi as our RB Lauren moves back to his natural spot in the midield.

Another creative option in the midfield would be great as Bently is still too young and Wenger seems content on leaving JP at Leeds.
I'm not sure who's available but if Wolves are relegated Henri Camara would be ideal choice.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
noo , i dont think mexes is gonna come to arsenal , kolo is better in my opinion , this guy is big and really fast , he also reads the game well. i think Frey will come to ARSENAL , and taylor is not that good , easy goals get scored on him.

1.Frey is probably th only player arsenal will buy.
2.I read an article that say Morientes is in contact with ARSENAL.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I hope we get Alan Smith
the lad is natural Gladiator

1 - 20 of 277 Posts