Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say Roddick, I wish that prick would never have been born. With no talent and a surve from hell, he thinks he is something, he really does. All he is doing is destroying tennis, who wants to be sitting watching fckng surves all day long.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I dislike the playing styles of.. Philipousis, Roddick, Schalken, Verkerk.. which isn't to say they all play the same way.. I just don't find it interesting. I'm thinking more along the lines of Federer, Coria, Grosjean, Nalbandian, Ferrero, El Aynaoui, Agassi... :star:

But to say Andy Roddick is destroying tenniss isn't fair at all. To me the sounds like knee-jerk anti-athleticism. He does what it takes to win, and is extremely good at it.. to denounce that is lameward bitterness.

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
Roddick, mainly becuase of that match in the US open against Ljubicic. In the last set the fans were going crazy and obviously Ljubicic was upset. Roddick got an ace and you can read his lips as he screamed "shut the f*ck up!", and somehow the fans still cheered him!!! :eek: :rolleyes:
Hewitt WAS cocky but Karlovic changed that! :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Another :p even though i am australia

The best player i love to hate. SAFIN god i love him!
SPAZ SPAZ SPAZ!!!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im not Roddick's biggest fan but damn some of you cant know too much about tennis

Just a great serve wouldnt take you to number 1 in the world, what about the returning side then? Rodick is not one that gos to a hundred tie-breaks either, he has a rocket fore hand and even though he lost to Safn, he showed he could rally today! He is a class player, sure Federer, Nalbandian, Moya etc. are more stylish but that doesnt take anything away from a top player in Roddick!

I hate all the players which jus run around the court all day producig few errors and no winners

so Canas, Hewitt, schuettler (on occasions) many of the adequate number 50-100 in the worlds play like this

its a style to play and creates some long rallies but I just dont like it

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He has some serious problems with his backhand and his forehand produces alot of errors. Roddick wouldn't get so much use out of his fore hand without the surve, he needs the serve to get the chance with the big swing.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Roddick is a perfect example of mechanical play. Big serve. Power shots. No style some substance. One you would not like to watch at all. In fact his serving style isnt pleasing enough. And his histrionics and am-still-a-kid acts do him no good.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hewitt, Clijsters, Henin, Williams sistas.

Most of the players I hated are gone.....Chang, Stich, Seles, Sanchez-Vicario....I also hated Agassi for a long time but now I have made peace with him.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
why do you hate the williams sisters?
I dont like their way of playing, their cookie attitude and I cant stand their annoying father. Though I root for them against Clijsters and Justine "The scary dwarf" Henin.

Also hated by Eric0815 was Thomas Muster.:yuck:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
gOD said:
Definitely Andy Roddick, can't do anything but serve.
It sounds like a very definite statement... These times are gone when all Sampras had to do to beat him was hit the ball to his backhand. Roddick has become one of the world's best all-round players. The killer forehand and serve are just his strong sides but don't mean everything else is weak. I don't like him though. It's just that I've seen him play so much and don't deny this guy's abilities.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts