Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is good and bad news. This is from the Juve website. Fiore and Comandini being good. Inter wanting Athirson and Real Zaragoza wanting Kovacevic is the bad news.

WHAT THE PAPERS SAY
07/07/2000

The front page of Tuttosport features news of Giovanni Trapattoni's appointment as Italy coach. 'Trap' receives the congratulations of Bianconeri boss Carlo Ancelotti and skipper Antonio Conte, as well as the best wishes of an array of luminaries from the football world.
Transfer news also makes it onto the front page: "Juve to sign Gianni Comandini with Filippo Inzaghi going to Milan in part-exchange." The Turin-based daily goes on to report that Jonathan Bachini looks set to sign for Vicenza, and that Ancelotti may be after Biancorossi midfielder Marco Schenardi who could come in as cover for Gianluca Zambrotta. Negotiations are continuing for the purchase of Udinese’s Stefano Fiore.

The Gazzetta dello Sport reports the comments of Ancelotti, who describes Trapattoni as "the right man for the right job". The Gazzetta also has transfer news: Inter president Massimo Moratti has apparently joined the race to sign the young Brazilian Athirson.

There is also news of an offer from Spanish club Real Zaragoza for striker Darko Kovacevic. And a plea from club secretary Antonio Giraudo, who launches into a defence of Del Piero: "He has been treated in an appalling way and is not to blame for the Euro 2000 defeat."

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Tottusport is bull****ing again in the most biased and pro-Juve way.Just dont even think about it.

The rumors here in Greece are that Gaorgatos is coming back to Olympiakos,so Inter's interest in Athirson may be true.

D

·
0 Posts
i heard several times in the net that Athirson have a secret agreement with juve that will secure his service next season and athirson himself is very keen on joining juve??? but i don't really believe it, few weeks ago Barca,as well as juve,is competing for his signature but oddly enough juve seem to get a upper hand as you all know 9 out of 10 bazilian is dreaming of a move to Barca.i really don't understand why Athirson would prefer juve to Barca as the paper said.what do you think ???

D

·
0 Posts
what i can do now is to pray Georgatos will stay at inter so that inter would not think of Athirson anymore, because i think juve will not rival inter at this aspect as Moratti is so crazy that he will break his bank to get a player that he want.if inter really want Athirson,we have nearly lost the race to sign Athirson!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
From the papers..... We all know that we've been linked to everyone, but only Gazzetta suggests that Athirson is also in Inters spotlights. Had it been only TuttoSport who saw him as a Juve bound player I would start to worry, but both Corriere, La Stampa- numerous web sites and seemingly all the Brazilian papers (according to Calciomercato) believes he will sign with Juve.
I believe....(to rip off the illustrious Debs :)).

If we're going to get Fiore it will be from next season. Not now. Udinese has told everybody to shuffle their bids as he will be staying for ONE more season. Apparently Fiore has accepted because he's been promised to have a big say about his future club. Juve and Milan are in the driving seat as those are his preferred choices.
Apart from not backing down from the pleasant thought of getting Vieira or Fiore now, I must also sayI'm a bit puzzled as to all this talk about people wanting Juve to buy more youngsters. We already have Maresca who's the next big thing after Baronio in central midfield. Don't you want us to use him then ? If we had Davids, Fiore, Tacchinardi, O'Neill and Conte for central midfield- what would his chances be like ? NONE!
Arranging deals like the one agreed for Cassano is a good thing. Management will have the chance to adjust the squad accordingly, but just keeping all the talented young guys in the squad without using them is not an option.
Cassano will have another year of experience on his back, and I still hope the club will find suitable small serie A sides for Rigoni and Sculli before the next season.

Talks about Pippo will persist, but I don't think he'll move this season. If we were to get Commandini we would get alot of cash too though, and it might be a good deal alltogether as Kova and Trezeguet would have more opportunities to shine while we would get a promising forward as well- while enabling us to pay up for Athirson without actually spending that much.

Whether Inzaghi stays or goes- we'll be fine.

Ciao.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts