Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know soccer is a big business, but, what I think our players have to do is that rather than go to a big club (there are exceptions such as Tudor for example) they should go to a club where they will get a maximum amount of playing time. I know, you have to look out for yourself first along with your family, but, is it better to sit on the bench of say an Aston Villa or Arsenal and make $400,000 per season or is it better to play for a lesser team where you will play 4 out of every 5 games for a full 90 minutes and make $300,000??? It shows in the conditioning of our players yesterday...most of the Mexican players, play a lot of minutes in the Mexican league, which explains why they played the way they did. The league is not that strong but the fact is, they play all the time, they have a place in the lineup, and thus they are exposed to game conditions...after that game that we played today, we should really look into this...what do you guys think??

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
I guess so

But like Balaban and Biscan found out...you can sign the big conmtract and your career could be ruined...

This WC should have been the unveiling of these two and now it just might never occur...What a shame.

What our players have to do also...is get their heads out of their a$$es.

Prosinecki, Suker and Boksic embarrassed themselves and us last night. The remainder of the "Golden Generation" is dead,kaput, finished!

Man, I don't know whehter to cry, scream, punch somehting, laugh it off, forget about it, etc...I just never imagined we would look as bad as we did last night.

I hope by so some miracle we can turn it around vs Italy. I am afraid if we get embarrassed by them that the team atmosphere will be ruined and it will have devestating consequences for our Euro 2004 qualifiers only a short while away...

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Oluja FEAR IS GOOD! maybe these guys will fear playing Italy and rightfully getting embarrassed that they will actually do some running on the field! save some national and personal pride!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hey.......Let´s hope so!:eek: :greed: :greed: :fero:

And put that Jozic on next Banana-boat out of here.....:fero: :fero: :fero: :( :( :( :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
They've ruined enough national honour.

The whole team (other than Pleti) played like ****. They were in a different dimension. I could not believe my eyes.

Mexico did not play so well as we played so terribly. Hats off to them however they ran at times nicely.

I'm dumbfounded......

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
98 Vatreni

All the goodwill our 98 Vatreni accumulated was ruined last night...

I have to admidt (somewhat ashamededly..) that for just this time I was not "proud to be Croat" in terms of soccer that is.

I have the new jersey and luckily I wore it on Saturday around the beach (Barranaga's in 'Toney Creek)...back when that shirt meant honour, pride, heart, excellence and commitment. I don't know if I'll be wearing it again any time soon. All that our team stood for is gone.

We let these little no name Mexican's literally come and "*****-slap" us silly. Now everyone is laughing at us...and I can't blame them.

The site of Boksic and Suker and Prosinecki moping around the field is making me sick!!! I still picture the Mexicans when their anthem played and how they held their hands over their hearts. They had no business even to dare try and play with us. We are CROATIA damn it! And unfortunetely, the Mexicans showed heart and pride. We showed nothing. No heart, no drive, no nothing. If a Mexican can play his heart out, why can't we????

Phuck-I am going to have to go into therapy or something. I am seething with anger at my disgust with Prosinecki, Suker and Boksic. Send them back immediately (ala Keane) and let our young guys try. At least they will give it their all even if we go down. Because, I can live with a loss to anyone if we show some effort and heart. But last night was disgusting.

Let me repeat what I said before, Prosinecki, Suker and Boksic should be rounded and up and shot! They have disgraced our sacred jersey. The damage they inflicted cannot be undone.

I guess I'll cheer for Brazil the minute we are "officially" eliminated. Unofficially, we are already toast.:(

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
These players owe us. They owe those that travelled to the far east to support them. They owe those at home that couldn't be there for whatever reason. They owe it to every football fan in Croatia. They owe us, who spend hours discussing, idolising and criticizing their footballing acheivements on this forum.

Where was the fire? The detirmination? The desire?

The Slovenians can hold their heads up with pride. They played a solid game, best of luck to 'em. We shamed ourselves, this is the hardest fact to take as a fan.

I want to see our players DIE on the pitch on Saturday !!
Get down to every ball, chase everything down, bring up the intensity for 90 minutes. I don't care if we win. Moraju poginuti na terenu, inace su izgubili moj respect zauvijek.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ero...I agree...when you put on any NT teams uni, you are representing your country and should have pride playing for your nation. With us Croatians especially considering all the young men who sacrificed their lives so that Croatia can be free our guys especially should play extra hard to represent the country to the best of their abilities....I can accept losing if you play 100% and leave everything on the pitch...but I can't accept losing when you don't even show up to play....

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
very well said guys! im sure Blazevic would have told the players teh same thing but while he is good at motivating he was **** at pure coaching the last few years while Jozic is good at scheming and awful at getting to the heart of the matter we need a good middle ground! who will this next savior coach be?

S NEBESKIH TIH VISINA
DAJ NAM BOZE OPET SINA
DA NAS VODI IZ BIJEDE
SVE DO POBIJEDE....E MOJ NARODE.......

its hard though to blame guys like Suker though because they have done soo much for our soccer in the past though! but thats why i think Boban was the best of all time he knew when to retire and make room for younger more hungry players!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with Tommy, let's not lose sight of the fact that these guys have brought us so much joy throughout these past 10 years or so. I personally blame Jozic for this calamity! He should have known better than to send the older guys out against a quick passing Mexican team in that heat. These guys best days are behind them, and they should only be used as subs now, especially Prosinecki who could hold the ball well if we're up by a goal at the end of the game. This holds true for Suker too, who could also be valuable at the end of the game on a quick counter for insurance goals. I know we are all a little hot now the day after, but let's hold our heads up high, and support our momci on Sat., instead of berating them! I am confident the game against Italy will be a different story, with a happy ending! Naprid Pakleni!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts