Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where all the people hyping up the Man U vs. Barca game? and specially Man U as the most attacking club (which they are)

when Liverpool and Chelsea play like this every body starts talking shit, but Man U played worse today.

I know they don't play like this every match, but still I just want to read what the two face people have to say now.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,835 Posts
I wont watch no more sawker...after today I almost cried! I cant watch anti football...I hated italy for playing anti football at the wc!!

it just so boring. Now i know why americans cant watch sawker...**** u euro peeps are ruining it for them

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh and by the way this is NOT a dig at Man U, just want to make that clear. Because they usually play great attacking football.

Just wanted to see what the people claiming that Liverpool-Chelsea was gonna be a snore fest and the Man U - Barca a great attacking game/

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
The difference is that this is a once off, United usually play attacking, attractive football.

This was just Sir Alex devising tactics that he, rightly or wrongly, thought would best suit the scenario. And seeing the result, its hard to criticize him.
In the second leg, we will be back to our usual, brilliant, flowing-football selves :)

·
Registered
54,588 Posts
Shit game... would have been better for neutrals had Ronaldo scored

But Man U have always played liek this in Europe as they have proven all the time. Total catenaccio/counter attacking football. But today was simply catenaccio because most of the time they didnt even bother to pass the ball forward, but just hoof it.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,835 Posts
why u do manu fans get bothered when neutral fans say something bad abt their team?? they are awesome in the epl but in the cl...they r like liverpool..thats a fact

·
Administrator
54,162 Posts
Was crap game in how nonexistent it was in goalscoring chances (way different game if CRon hadnt crumbled under pressure). But even if Man U were more careful then usual, this was the typical text book away game routine from Man U for a while now. Sir Alex secures an acceptable result and MAYBE attack once or twice if they are invited in. They played like this against Roma (who invited them to attack few times, and got punished for it), and in parts Lyon, so its nothing suprising or horrifying (though it was horrifying they played this boring against Lille last season). Contain the opposition (respected Barca too much though) competently, and pounce on counter if there is room, but generally safe guard the result.

Fergie doesnt need to be this cynical in away games (caution is understandable), but its too much at stake (especially if they have less European pedigree then others, more nervous), and no they dont get criticisism for this kind of by the numbers routine BECAUSE they play great and have been doing so when playing at home or away against lesser teams.

·
Registered
54,588 Posts
Its a good tactic

but its catenaccio at its best

All the English that were total hypocrites of Italian football a few years ago need to just watch games from Chelsea and Man U away from home in Europe to see how unattractive the football is. They basically play with 9 players behind the ball at all times and pack the DM area... reuly awful... but effective... not that I am complaining of the utilisation of Man U and so on, but that I am complaining of the hypocrisy of EPL fans (even still) who say that Serie A is 'ultra-defensive' football.

However you now get pundits over here giving plaudits for this type of football where as 10-20-30 years ago calling Italians boring for it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Its a good tactic

but its catenaccio at its best

All the English that were total hypocrites of Italian football a few years ago need to just watch games from Chelsea and Man U away from home in Europe to see how unattractive the football is. They basically play with 9 players behind the ball at all times and pack the DM area... reuly awful... but effective... not that I am complaining of the utilisation of Man U and so on, but that I am complaining of the hypocrisy of EPL fans (even still) who say that Serie A is 'ultra-defensive' football.

However you now get pundits over here giving plaudits for this type of football where as 10-20-30 years ago calling Italians boring for it :rolleyes:
If italians use it its unattractive and ugly catenaccio.

If english teams use it its "Effective" away game tactics.

·
Administrator
54,162 Posts
I dont know what they say in England, but I wouldnt think there is much room to moan with stereotypes like that anymore, because the English league has had this big wave of cynical super tactical approach for several years now, since Rafa and Mourinho went there.

Everyone except a few started playing the tactically defensive approach to adapt to the change, adopting the Rafa, Mourinho approach (and in general improving alot in their defending). And they even hired the master of this stuff in Capello, for their NT.

·
Registered
15,678 Posts
Glenn hysén was disturbing. Always found a way to praise the "brave" team from england. When Roma came at Old Trafford, he ripped them apart for not going forward but when Man utd can't string 2 passes together, well he doesnt mention it. I'd like to punch his face in!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Glenn hysén was disturbing. Always found a way to praise the "brave" team from england. When Roma came at Old Trafford, he ripped them apart for not going forward but when Man utd can't string 2 passes together, well he doesnt mention it. I'd like to punch his face in!
have you read on swedish news websites yet? Nothing positive to say about Barcelona, and Man Utd coming out as the heroic winners :dielaugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.