Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's ruined all the love and respect he gained at Sevilla over the last few years, and any team in the Premiership will think more than twice about appointing him now. So I ask what next for Oneday?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Hes going to meet with his lawyers;)

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Shakthar Donetsk I last heard lol

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
He doesnt have to work, with the payoff he got he is pretty much set for life. He should get an investment advisor and live off the spurs coaching stint!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
He left the circus.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
It wasnt easy but he managed to do that badly.

I swear even if I took control of the team I dont think I could have done much worse ;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
He won our first trophy in 9 years. He was here less than a year and didn't get any time or patience. He didn't do that badly.

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
He won the cup, but he was under no pressure at all until the end of the season to create his style and tactics and to line up possible transfers, granted there were levy and commoli etc, but he could and should have done much better with our league form.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Yes, but the blame is mostly Commoli's and Levy's for sodding about with players. The whole thing has been a mess that Ramos should not take full responsibility for. He was brought in to take the club forward, and I think he would have, given the proper amount of time. One year in the job, without one full season, is a joke.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
It definitely wasn't all Ramos' fault, might have been a little. It just seems to have been that he lost the dressing room. I don't think Redknapp is too much better than Ramos if at all and it's just the players have a new sense of urgency.

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
Juventus perhaps? New challenge in a different type of football and a chance to regain the reputation he developed at Sevilla. Ranieri isnt exactly doing wonders with the Gobbi.

Juve never seem to sack a coach mid season, so if it were to happen he'd have to hold out until summer 2009.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
And the fact that you guys lost two of your best players who both happened to be forwards and didnt replace them. I´d say this is a fvck up of major proportions. After that its unbelievable that you even hoped for a top10, the top4 is a wet dream material, finish considering the quality of other EPL teams.

Also Ramos pointed out that some of the players werent really giving their best under him in the last games. Its fair that he got sacked cause a manager should do better but the blame shouldnt only be on him.

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Also Ramos pointed out that some of the players werent really giving their best under him in the last games. Its fair that he got sacked cause a manager should do better but the blame shouldnt only be on him.
If that's the case then those couple of players should be sacked as well IMO. or at least, to be realistic, not have their contracts extended.

Even if they're good players, this kind of mentality won't win us anything and this is probably the difference between a Ruud or Kuijt who fight for everything and whoever some of these loser Spurs players were.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I'd say a coaching job in Spain.

Anyhow Ramos didnt do well at Spurs; but that's considering he won something and his team went on autopilot after words. In the summer Levy/Comoli milked the Berbatov saga for so long that they wherent able to get a replacement. Alot of young and tallanted players where bought but they will take time to actually start clicking together. And ofcourse the midfield was poor to begin with while the defense still leaks goals since there is no constant back four.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts