Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a rollercoaster of a year for us.
Playing our first 5 games away from Inonu, dealing with the psychological trauma caused by what happened the season before (THanks TFF and MHK!). having to endure costly referee mistakes in each game, making tons of transfers, changing coaches midway...
and in the end we are left with no goals other than to be in the UEFA cup next year...
So i think it's about time we start planning for next year..

First of all.
Riza is the perfect choice as a TD. There is no way that he should be criticized or pressured this year. Not only was he our beloved captain throughout his football career, but he is also a Besiktasian at heart, and a direct product of our successful youth system which gave us players like Nihat, Sergen, Metin, Ali, Feyyaz etc...

So Riza should be given every opportunity to do what he plans on doing. I'd rather loose with him at the helm than succeed with someone else. Seeing someone who knows the realities of this club and who loves Besiktas is more important to me than anything else.

OK, having said that, let's move on.
What do we do to revitalize this team, give it vigor, youthfulness and a new soul?
THis is what I propose...

These are my thoughts, pls feel free to offer your opinion as well.

First of all.. Next year, i want a team with an average age of 23-24.
We can still keep some (SOME) experienced players such Tumer, Okan and Cordi on the team, but I'd like to see our young talent return, and I'd like to see Riza plant the seeds of the team of the future.

For this to happen, we need to dispose of our older players, and replace them with younger ones.
Mustafa Dogan, ,Juan Fran,Ahmet Hassan,Pancu,Ahmet Yildirim,Tayfur,Sergen,Fatih Sonkaya,Veysel,Emre Asik,Tayfun etc. need to go.

I don't believe they have anything more to give to Besiktas, and they're blocking our future talent from gaining valuabble experience with the 'A' team. Sergen is basically an expired player. He should be given a nice farewell party and be thanked for his contributiions...

THose who should stay...Cordoba,Tümer,Ibrahim Toraman,Ibrahim Akin and Koray..Along with Carew, Ali Gunes, Ramazan, Cagdas...Epecially Ibrahim Toroman and Cagdas..They should start playing together because they will become the backbone of the future Besiktas defence.

Toroman has already shown how valuable of a player he is with his NT performances, along with Koray who has settled in perfectly and is on his way to becoming the next Tugay of Turkish football.

And our young players who are currently on loan at other clubs..

THey've gained valuable experience this season and are now ready to put on the Black and White Jersey.

I'm talking about...
Gokhan Zan (let's keep him on instead of Mustafa Dogan, he's way better)
Umit Aydin (he's had some solid performances at Denizli and will replace Tayfur perfectly)
Okan Koc (I believe there's still hope for him, and that Riza hoca will help him reach his potential if hes willing to work hard)
Sinan Kaloglu (why keep on Veysel etc. when we have Sinan? He's a good player and has gained valuable experience this year at Diyarbakir-he's even scored quite a few goals)

If we can combine these players with older and more experiened players, and get rid of the old dinasours who are blocking their paths...OUr future will look bright. The quality of these players is obvious, and under Riza Hoca i think they'll become a perfect fit. If we want to form the team of the future, now is the time to act. We also need to start utilizing players like Serdar Ozkan etc, and use more players from our youth system from time to time.

And if we can add some key players (foerigners) to the squad (one midfield playmaker and one striker), and give Tumer a leadership task on this team, I think we'll do great.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Mustafa Dogan, ,Juan Fran,Ahmet Hassan,Pancu,Ahmet Yildirim,Tayfur,Sergen,Fatih Sonkaya,Veysel,Emre Asik,Tayfun etc.need to go.
Wow.. Thats quite the list :D .. It simply can't happen.. No club will risk disposing so much players in one season.

·
*the drum drum*
42,921 Posts
It's a big list, but Besiktas has a very big squad right now..

If they don't qualify for European football, they'd be best off letting at least that many players go..

The football that Riza has BJK playing, I'd say all you need is to add squad depth (ie, through youngsters if you let the dad's army go), and you could do with finding a genuine matchwinner. Someone like a Hagi, van Hooijdonk or Alex..
Very hard to find, I know. But seeing as Riza has a hardworking team out there that can often look like they're missing a certain spark, it's definitely something BJK should look for..

Sergen can't do it anymore, Tumer and Ibrahim Akin aren't enough to rely on, and Carew is, while extremely talented, almost utterly useless at times..

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
:thumbsup: Cordoba: Stays, we need someone with his experience and passing skill

:thumbsup: Ramazan: Good potential, but he wont develop as a sub, should stay and loaned

:thumbsup: Murat Sahin: Stays, i dont expect much from him, decent sub for Cordoba

:undecide: Fatih Sonkaya: It depents if we gonna play 442 or 352, if we play 442 he can stay as a sub, if not bye, bye...

:thumbsup: Toraman: Stays.

:undecide: Cagdas: I am unsure about him, i have not been impressed by his performance at the back, he is still young and could develop. Keep him as a sub...

:thumbsup: Gökhan Zan: Keep him as a reserve player for the next season. I am not sure that he can play in the first eleven.

:thmbdown: Emre Asik: Sell him, he should play regularly in a minor team. He wont get much chance at Besiktas.

:undecide: Ronaldo: I am unsure about Ronaldo, he is a good defender, but he is sooooo slow. Should be sold IF we find a better experienced defender to put beside Toroman. Especially if Riza intends to play 442

:thmbdown: Mustafa Dogan: We should never buyed him in the first place....

:thmbdown: Juanfran: Sell him, he has not done much for us, i hope that we can get a part of the money we payed for him...

:thumbsup: Ahmet Yildirim: A good sub, keep him, but i dont want him in the first eleven unless its neceserry. He can play as DC, DL, DMC and DML if necessery, not that he is exceptionall at any of those spots but he can play there when a player is injured.

:thumbsup: Ibrahim Uzulmez: Should stay, but we need to find a replacement for him, he is one year older, slower etc. next season.

:thmbdown: Tayfun: Old, we dont need him, he should go

:thmbdown: Tayfur: Should stay as a staff member next season, time to retire as a active player!

:thmbdown: Umit Aydin: I have not heard much noice of him this season. Sell him.

:thmbdown: Sergen: Time to retire!

:thumbsup: Yasin Sulun: Keep him as a reserve player.

:thumbsup: Koray: He is the replacement for Tayfur. A first eleven player next season. We should get a guy with passing skill and decent defensive qualities to put beside him.

:thumbsup: Ali Gunes: Keep him.

:thumbsup: Okan Buruk: He should stay and play in the first eleven next season.

:thmbdown: Ahmed Hassan: Sell him, if he was a turk i would say keep him, a good player but he is defensively too weak to play in the midfield at the same time he does not have the qualities requaired to play as a forward.

:thumbsup: Serdar Özkan: Keep him and use him as a sub.

:undecide: Okan Koc: I dont know about him, he is in good way to becoming a new Tarik or Mustafa Kocabey of turkish football. Give him a last chance if Riza intends to use 442 next season, otherwise sell him

:thumbsup: Tumer Metin: Keep him, a good sub, if he cant handle that, sell him!

:thumbsup: Pancu: Matriks should stay!

:thumbsup: Veysel: Use him as a sub like this sesason. Stays..

:thumbsup: Sinan: Another good sub, Keep him

:thumbsup: Ahmet Dursun: He have played decent the last weeks. Keep him and use him togheter with a target player at top.

:thumbsup: Ibrahim Akin: Stays!

:undecide: Carew: Sell him if we can find a good striker. He have been like a ghost in most of our games. He is talented yeah, but whats the point of talent if you cant use it and the turkish league is not excaktly gifted with wingers that can utilize him anyway(not that i am impresset by his heading).

:thmbdown: Berkant: Sell him, Luce, Terim, Del Bosque and Riza, all of them could not have made the misstake with not using him....

With my list, 18 player stays, 9 leaves, and i am unsure of 5. Their future should be decided on offer we can get, quality of the replacements and the formation Riza decides to play.

We dont need to buy many players but like i said before we need 2-3 players of VERY good quality.

Hadi Riza, umutlarimizi bosa cikarma! :hopefull:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
STAY
Cordoba: At this point I do not seeing anyone come in and perform better then Cordi. If we look at the period when Ramazan was the goal keeper no one really had confidence in him and I feel much more comfortable with Cordoba on goal.

STAY
Ramazan: Good potential, but he wont develop as a sub, should stay and loaned

GOOD BYE
Murat Sahin: Ramazan is younger and better IMO.

GOOD BYE
Fatih Sonkaya: Besides the few games he has performed well, I really do not see anything coming out of Sonkaya. Very unconsistent and often shaky at times.

STAY
Toraman: He was very unlucky this season. Toroman is a talented player who needs to focus and will only get better through time. Definitely a keeper.

STAY
Cagdas: Like Yasko said, he is young and I personally see the potential with this guy. Keep him as a sub.

STAY
Gökhan Zan: Keep him as a reserve player for the next season. I am not sure that he can play in the first eleven.

STAY
Emre Asik: I think if he were given more opportunities to play this guy would step it up.

STAY
Ronaldo: Great defender when he is on point. That is without a doubt. When he was brought back onto the field we saw that difference he can make. Aslong as he maintains that method of play, he will be a great asset to our defensive system.

GOOD BYE
Mustafa Dogan: We should never buyed him in the first place.... (the only GOOD thing he did was score against FB)

GOOD BYE
Juanfran: Sell him, he has not done much for us... he has completely fallen off. I never really like him anyways. Definitely get rid of him.

GOOD BYE
Ahmet Yildirim: A good sub indeed but we can find better.

STAY
Ibrahim Uzulmez: Should stay, but we need to find a replacement for him, he is one year older, slower etc. next season.

GOOD BYE
Tayfun: Old, we dont need him, he should go

STAY
Tayfur: Should stay as a staff member next season, time to retire as a active player!

GOOD BYE
Umit Aydin: I have not heard much noice of him this season. Sell him.

STAY
Sergen: Well he still needs to score his 100th goal as a Besiktas player. He is 1 goal away from doing so. Then he can retire.

STAY
Koray: We all know that Koray can get the job done. He just needs to continue to train and get motivated.

UNDECIDED
Ali Gunes: He has helped the team and hurt the team with his game play. Again, like many Besiktas players when he is on point he is unstoppable but, once he falls off you never hear from him again.

UNDECIDED
Okan Buruk: Definitely a talented player. That is without a doubt. Sometimes Okan has the tendency to kill it during a game... and when he does that it just messed up the whole game play.

GOOD BYE
Ahmed Hassan: Sell him... he is defensively too weak to play in the midfield at the same time he does not have the qualities requaired to play as a forward.

UNDECIDED
Serdar Özkan: If there is better out there (which there def is) let's get rid of him.

UNDECIDED
Okan Koc: I dont know about him, he is in good way to becoming a new Tarik or Mustafa Kocabey of turkish football. Give him a last chance if Riza intends to use 442 next season, otherwise sell him

STAY
Tumer Metin: One of my favorite players on Besiktas. Only if he was focused every game.

UNDECIDED
Pancu: Pancu is Pancu... I could def live without him.

GOODBYE
Veysel: I don't see anything special about this guy. To me, he is an ordinary player who can be replaced by someone much better.

UNDECIDED
Sinan: Really havent seen enough of him to make a solid decision.

STAY
Ahmet Dursun: He have played decent the last weeks. Keep him and use him togheter with a target player at top.

STAY
Ibrahim Akin: This guy is our "future". Everyone has high hopes for this kid. He is definitely talented enough to live up to it. It's all on him now...

GOOD BYE
Carew: I have had enough with this guy. He is worthless. Please leave!!

GOOD BYE
Berkant: Sell him, Luce, Terim, Del Bosque and Riza, all of them could not have made the misstake with not using him....

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it also depends on the system we'll be playing weith next year.
If we're going to be playing 4-4-2 (which seems to be the case) then we'll be needing good wing players.

This year our wings just plain suck. I hope Okan Koc uses the opportunity given to him (if Riza decides to keep him that is) and fulfills his potential sometime soon.
I'm tired of us going through the middle of the park, and want to see some wing play.

Whatever the case, we can be sure that RIza will only be giving hard working players a spot in the starting 11, which is something i look forward to!

I think we shoudl hold onto Carew and COrdoba, and let the rest of our foreigners go.
Instead we can transfer some quality midfielders and/or a striker and a defender.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
rapid said:
Most importantly is to tell yours friends at fenerbache to sell alex to real madrid ;)
Shouldn't BJK be more concerned with their own roster than that of the opposition?

·
*the drum drum*
42,921 Posts
Jemster said:
Shouldn't BJK be more concerned with their own roster than that of the opposition?
But when a player like Alex comes along, I don't think you could blame anyone for getting worried.. :D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh for crying out loud, who gives a ratz ass about Alex (unless he becomes Mehmet Aliex and puts on a white and black jersey :D)...
This thread is about Besiktas.
Let's move on, and Rapid can post his/her thoughts on that matter in the appropriate forum.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
"YABANCI FUTBOLCULARDAN KİM GİDİYOR, KİM KALIYOR?

Beşiktaş teknik direktörü Rıza Çalımbay, daha önce gönderilmesi gündemde olan yabancı futbolcular için karar aşamasında. Çalımbay'ın son haftalarda oynadıkları başarılı futbolla dikkat çeken Carew, Ahmed Hassan ve Pancu'yu bırakmayı düşünmediği vurgulandı. Çalımbay'ın Cordoba ile ilgili yönetime olumlu görüş belirttiği Ronaldo için kararsız olduğu vurgulandı. Juanfran'la kesin olarak yollarını ayıracak olan Beşiktaş bu futbolcunun yerine süper bir yıldızı renklerine bağlamak için harekete geçti. Alınacak süper yıldızın büyük bir ihtimalle orta saha oyuncusu olacağı öğrenildi. "

The artical says that Riza wants to keep Carew, Ahmed Hassan, Pancu and Cordoba for the next year. He is unsure about Ronaldo. He wants to sell Juanfran.

Frankly i find this a disapointing news. Yes, i know that we wont be able to sign 5 extreemly good new players next year but whats the point of keeping both Pancu and Ahmed Hassan? They both play best as Att. Midfielders and dont forget Tumer that also prefers to play there.... Carew(should be sold if we get a good offer)and Cordoba i can understand, but we should pick either Ahmed Hassan or Pancu and sell Ronaldo IMO.

We need a good left-back, central midfielder and a left-wing player. And we really need a faster central defender than Ronaldo, if we keep him at the back, than we cant push our defence up, since it would create lots of counter-attacking opportunities for our opponents... Since Kursat is coming to a very low fee next season, what about letting him play with Toraman as central defenders?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts