Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new, I only read not really post but I think you should take a look at how English fans look at Real Madrid. Their comments were somehow inspired by what Gaspart said about the legitimacy of Real's European Cups.

Something like the 5 cups Madrid won doesn't count :confused: and they actually just won 3 legitimately. The Liverpool fans are happy about that since they now won more (4).

I think you have to register so you can view it. :)

The posts....
Barca's president has started to rise the temperature for next week's return leg. What should have been a run-of-the-mill walkover has now been turned into a do-or-die grudge match.
Gaspart has said that Madrid don't have eight European Cups they only have three because the first five they won don't count. His reasoning and it's damn good reasoning is that the competition was not a real competition when Madrid won five cups back to back..."They're were only five teams in it, and Madrid had paid off everybody from the ballboys to the referees."

Go on Joan give em' hell....

I can hear my brother-in-law nashing his teeth in Madrid at this very moment.

--------------------
good man, gaspart - i've often wondered about the legitimacy of those first 5 european cup wins - particularly as madrid were involved in the organisation of the tournaments and didn't they also renege on an agreement to give di stefano to barcelona, patrick?
--------------------
Jeez
If he carries on like that, the Catalans can expect "enemy" tanks rolling down La Ramblas before next Wednesday night

Doesn't that comment come under "incitement to violence"?

Fair play to him though. If his comments are true....we have more European Cups than Real!!!!

I think the campaign to hae real stripped of those cups starts here. Sign the petition below....

--------------------

i think Gaspart has a good point - it also has certain parallels in our own Premiership - i think Manu U should be stripped of all their Premier League Championships as they clearly have SkyTV in their pocket, thus ensuring all the matches we watch on TV are doctored so that Manu U always win.
Also 'cos Fergie is a Knut,

there, i said it.

--------------------

Gaspart is only publicly saying what I've thought for years...the early European Cups were a complete farce. Most of the top teams in Europe didn't even compete, they considered the competition to be a joke and a distraction from the bread and butter competition of their national leagues.
Real's 8 are a paper tiger IMO.

--------------------
The site:
Koptalk Forums

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Nice one Gaspart, just what we needed for next week so that the players dont get too over confident. I read this already but dont really care what he has to say... what does he know about football anyway. :D Perez has style, he doesnt get involved in these petty arguments.

I guess if we used this phylosophy then Italy will have only only 1 WC and the Germans would also have less... hey hold on a second I think we're onto something here. ;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yeah, exactly, if we start thinking like this then we can say goodbye to about half of the WC's in the history of the tournament. Or why not say, "Well prior to France 98, there was only 24 teams instead of 32, which means it was much easier to win, so we'll just start counting from 1998. That means only FRance has legimately won a WC". Friggen stupid comments by a stupid man!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Hey, I love this game!!! :happy: So that means Barcelona never won any European Cup before!! Hmm.. and why didn't they post this in the Milan forum.. I'm sure they would be extremely "interested" that their 4 European Cups don't actually counts!!

I'm so sorry I always reminded Gaspart that he's slapping his own face with himself knowing it! ;)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
who cares what a guy who is not respected by even by his own his own club says?:rollani:

as for the Liverpool fans,well, they're has-beens you know, and are looking for things to latch on to.they thought they could follow up their **** treble of the 3 most unimportant trophies lsat year with some real success this year,but they won't and they pretty much realize that.

just a case of losers agreeing with losers.:)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
To generalize that on all Liverpool fans is unfair.

Some people will always look for excuses for success, that will never change. While some excuses are legit, its a shame people will try to nit-pick somethings, and that will probably cause them to enjoy the game less in the end.

If we manage to get a historical 9th win this year (its a 50-50 chance i would say), i would love to see how people will nit-pick 3 wins in 5 years then. Still, 2 CLs in 5 years is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hala Madrid

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Don't worry about that sick man. As a journalist says in Spain, Gaspart has a wonderful record: since he became Barça's President he has lost one championship every three months!! So no wonder if he's fallen in despair.
Besides, just think about what was necessary to fight for these Cups (winning the national league or the previous European Cup) and just explain why Barça didn't win a single one when it was so easy!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums Gwydno! :)

Looking forward to read more of your comments on the Real Madrid forum :) You are already posting on different threads, keep it up! ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
oh come on for the love of God...:mad:

How many of those comments by the Liverpool fans seem tongue in cheek to you... I would say at the most 2 are 'serious' with what they are saying... the rest are ripping the piss out of Gaspart cos the sad thing is that he really does believe what he says you know!!!

It amazed me as well:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts