Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Epl?

Serie A?

or la Liga?

and how can it be stoped, inter,arsenal,barcelona....field almost all international lineups

or have we entered a new age of club football where it does not matter where you are from?
 

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
Inter has only 1 italian starter i think :tongue:

Juve, Milan and Chelsea got atleast 4 domestic.

Juve: Camo, Buffon, Zambro, Canna, sometimes Del Piero, Balzaretti and Chiellini.

Milan: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattusso, Gilardino and Nesta.

Chelski: Terry, Lampard, J.Cole, ?

also the coaches of Juve and Milan are italians :shades:

tey shoudl ban inter from the serie a, disgrace :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,807 Posts
roma/totti said:
or have we entered a new age of club football where it does not matter where you are from?
Exactly. As the game has become more international, so have the teams.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,200 Posts
Manchester United - Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Kieran Richardson, Paul Scholes, Phil Bardsley... :) All but 1 is capped by England aswell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,134 Posts
Barcelona has nothing in common with Arsenal and Inter when it comes to having too many foreigners.

Except for the aforimented (sp?) Catalans we also have Ezquerro who is Basque/Spanish.

I mean Arsenal only has two Englishmen in their squad and none of them have been playing the last few weeks. No wonder Arsenal have done so well the last few weeks. :howler:
 

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
Nothing new. Inter was formed 98 years ago to give foreign players a chance to play in Italy. This is one of the reasons I love the club. Sports shouldn't mix with the nationalistic bullsh*t that causes so many problem around the globe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
EPL probably has the biggest "foreigner" problems if you would like to call them problems...personally I don't see a problem with it as long as the locals get a fair shot at having a representation in the squads..like the homegrown players rule in the champions league for example is great...off course inter is an exception to the rule because the club was formed specifically to give foreigners a chance in italy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,204 Posts
Kyle said:
Manchester United - Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Kieran Richardson, Paul Scholes, Phil Bardsley... :) All but 1 is capped by England aswell
yeh, cos phil bardsley really plays regularly! its like chelsea listing lenny pidgley or glen johnson as an example of their englishness! to be fair to united, theyre not that bad when it comes to foreigners compared to some other clubs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
Real Madrid
-----------

Iker Casillas
Diego Lopez
Michel Salgado
Paco Pavon
Alvaro Mejia
Sergio Ramos
Raul Bravo
Oscar Minambres
Ivan Helguera
Jose Maria Guti
Raul Gonzalez

Of the 23 players on our roster, 11 of them are Spanish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,134 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Real Madrid
-----------

Iker Casillas
Diego Lopez
Michel Salgado
Paco Pavon
Alvaro Mejia
Sergio Ramos
Raul Bravo
Oscar Minambres
Ivan Helguera
Jose Maria Guti
Raul Gonzalez

Of the 23 players on our roster, 11 of them are Spanish.

And more than half of those are mediocre but of course spanish nonetheless.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DAR said:
EPL probably has the biggest "foreigner" problems if you would like to call them problems...personally I don't see a problem with it as long as the locals get a fair shot at having a representation in the squads..like the homegrown players rule in the champions league for example is great...off course inter is an exception to the rule because the club was formed specifically to give foreigners a chance in italy
and it has not worked for inter too well, since there existance
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
How is it a problem?:confused: I like the fact that a league attracts international stars. La Liga is more exciting with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Ronaldo, Aimar, Riquelme, Saviola, Milito etc. I am sure that Serie A fans like their league with the likes of Sheva, Adriano, neved etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Leckan said:
I mean Arsenal only has two Englishmen in their squad
Ashley Cole
Sol Campbell
Theo Walcott
Matthew Connolly
Ryan Garry
Kerrea Gilbert
Ryan Smith
Justin Hoyte

One plus two equals eight? :googly:
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top