Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we will retain our double and do alot better in the ECL maybe even entering the finals!
If we do enter the finals, who knows it could be a whole different ball game with us maybe even winning it!
:D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think with the right signings we can retain the Title, but you can't say we will retain the FA Cup becayse anything could happen in Cup Competitions, I just hope we do.
I think we will improve dramatically in the Champions League. I think we will improve our away form and we will do very well and get to at least the semi finals of the Competition. However a lot depends on the groups we get drawn in, but if we reach the knockout stages then anything can happen and we do have the quality and spirit to win it!
The Worthington Cup means nothing to us, but with the strength of our squad and reserves we again could win that as well, but if we don't I won't bother me.

So I predict;

Premiership----------------Champions once again
Champions League------ Semi Finals at least.
FA Cup--------------------- Winners
Worthington Cup---------- Semis.

I know it is stupid predicting what will happen next season now without knowing what our team will be and who we will get in the cup competitions, but this is what I hope will happen next season.

:D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But GooonerMc this is an integral part of the post season predicting what will be!
I sure do hope we could win every trophy we play in!
That would be fantastic!

Charity Shield!
League
FA
Worthington
ECL

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think next seasone will be a real fight bettwen us and ManU, In fact I think it will be a real war. It would be fantastic if we would get them at Highbury in the first game of the seasone. I suspect that ManU will spend pretty heavily this summer and if we could beat them in the first game of the seasone when they have a lot of new players we would take a great step towards the titel in the first game of the seasone !!.
I have a dream about a tripple but can`t see it happen next seasone, But if Wenger can do what he did with Vieira, Pires, Henry etc with just a few of Wright, Halls, Upson, Edu, Inamoto,Penannt, Sidwell, Noble, Van Bommel (?), Van Brockhorst, Jeffers, Aldaire We will tgake over the world in a couple of years !.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think we will win the EPL
FA cup we'll get semi's or get knocked out early
no way we'll win the worthington cup due to reserves failing to win it
CL i think we can get to semis or final

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still think another double is possible with a much better showing in the ECL!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Regarding the Premiership, your away form last year was freakish ... I doubt you could keep that up for another season.

It will be a 4 way battle between you lot, United, Chelsea and Liverpool - with maybe us and Leeds to steal in with 5-10 games left.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Next season

I'm still not sure about Chelsea, I still think they can be too inconsistant to challenge for the title. A few Chelsea fans are still not sure about their manager ( I won't attempt to spell his name). I still think it will be the same three teams contesting the league next year ( Us, Man U & Liverpool) and if AW buys wisely I have no doubt we can re-create the form we showed last season, hopefully improving in the ECL. We certainly need a genuine right back because Lauren is playing out of position and a top class centre back. Also I would like to see us get a out and out goalscorer, as I'm still not sure about Jeffers (too injury prone, it seems). So my Arsenal predictions for next term are:

League: Winners
FA Cup: Winners
Worthington: 3rd round (if we're lucky)
ECL: semi-finals (if we can cut out conceeding the annoying last minute goals)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Chelsea are always looking good during the summer but as soon as they start to play football again it`s the same old story again. Last summer Sad Alex said that he saw them as Uniteds biggest rivals for the titel :D if I`m not rember wrong.
Chelsea ain`t got the heart and the passion to play a whole seasone,

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Chelsea will get it right one day ... the key factor with them is they have the squad to do the business, it's just got to come together.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i believe that leeds have no chance. they just not mature enough team or with the experience. expecially with them clearing out players, i dunno whose gonna get left behind or whose going. leeds will be champions or become a great euro side one day, just not next season

i think chelsea would do 3rd next year. they played on off games this year. i think they can find consistancy next year because the team has more knowledge of eachother. i mean in the FA cup finals, first half they could of won it, both teams look great and undoubtly, so did chelsea.

man utd will be contenders, but arsenal will previal in the end. ofcourse man utd will be solid throughout the season.

liverpool. they will play good football (although VERY boring) they will be 4th or 3rd. they, same as leeds dont have what it takes to win next year. maybe later

overall:
1.arsenal
2.man utd
3.chelsea
4.liverpool
5.leeds

·
Registered
121 Posts
The title will be bloody close and early form may end up deciding the title. Man U'S side will be re designed with a clear out, as will Livewrpool's, Chelsea will again spend big looking for the talent abroad. We will stay pritty much the same but we do need to invest heavily in defence other wise we will slip right down no joke.

·
Registered
190 Posts
THE PREMIERSHIP - WINNERS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - QUARTERS, MAYBE EVEN SEMIS (DEPENDS ON DRAW)

FA CUP - SEMIS

WORTHINGTON CUP - FIRST ROUND ELIMINATION (NO NEED TO BOTHER ABOUT A WORTHLESS TROPHY)

CHARITY SHIELD - WINNERS

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
man utd will have a re design i think too.

worthington cup? hehe i think we might win that with our reserve team since our squad is so big!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
reply rating: 10/10

sums it up nice and smally
and adds a hint of vigor
hahaha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts