Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Juventini87 said:
What kind of Monitor do you have? :)

I have Samsung LCD 18 inch Syncmaster 171 s.
Same here. :)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Philips 107T5

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
A big ass 20 or so inch Sampo AlphaScan for my desktop at home. It's five or six years old now, and almost bigger than the desk itself. :eek:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
At home I've got a black iiyama 19" LCD.

Tim... I know what you mean :D . I used to have a 21" Diamondtron CRT a few years ago. It's more like a TV than a monitor

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
HiJazzey said:
Tim... I know what you mean :D . I used to have a 21" Diamondtron CRT a few years ago. It's more like a TV than a monitor
With this one the depth is also a problem. It is nearly deeper than it is wide, so you can have the back of it pressed up against the wall, and the front of it will still nearly be in your lap. :eek: :D

I once had to put up a temporary desk while I was getting a new one, and there was actually no room in front of the monitor to put the keyboard. :howler:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
These old 21" monitors are nothing to laugh about. :mad: Some years ago, when I was a trainee, I had to go around and move on these monitors all the time. I had to take them from one desk on the 3rd floor to another desk on the 5th, with no elevator. :rolleyes: Offcourse carrying around on these alone would be too much, so me and another trainee did it together, but this guy was so weak, he took a break on every other stair. :rolleyes:

In the end I decided to carry them by myself after all, as lifting them up and putting them down every other second was alot harder then carrying around on them alone.

I can't say I miss those days very much. ;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Hey, I always had to be afraid that accidentally bumping the desk with my foot or knee could send the monitor flying into my lap. Talk about hurt! :eek: ;)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Hey, I had to lug that beast around every holiday. We had to move out of our halls (dorms) out of term. So I had to carry that heavy thing down 2 filghts of stairs to the car every time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts