Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading the forum description, it says this:

the emphasis in Croatian football is on the technical skills which make for some very attractive football.
Can Croatian football still be described like that or has it changed? Are we now more reliant on defensive tactics and grinding out results rather than dominating teams like we did in the past? Can you call our football attarctive?

Are the players that are being produced in our football schools good enough technically compared to other European nations?

Discuss..

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Very good disscussion topic D11, I was thinking that myself when I actually read the forum description a while back. We are definetly not an attractive brand of soccer if you watch our N/T. We have become very European as opposed to South American with the flair that we used to have. In fact most western Euro countries are way more attractive than us now. We have kind of went back in time with our tactics and reliance on defence to win us some points. I mean sure our D is the strongest part of our team but the tactics employed by both Jozic and Baric went far and beyond that to the point that we weren't even playing soccer anymore rather just butchering the beautiful game. :sigh: :wallbang: . In the last year or two our strikers have come into prominence again in European competitions(Prso-Klasnic) and thats a good sign but our weakness is still central midfield. Kranjcar had the ship going in the right direction at the start of qualifiers but now seems to be steering it back into the same shit Baric was doing...who knows what will happen in the future but I know we have enough talent to at least be playing nicer soccer than we have for a while now(despite the pretty good start to W/C 2006 qualifications). As for yougsters being developed in our league well it says it all by the fact that most are going to eastern European clubs and others are just stagnating in our league and then moving to Japanese or Middle Eastern Teams in hopes of making some money at least. Situation is pretty horrible right now but it can change fast with proper management because we as Croatians always have and always will know how to play soccer properly.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Interesting Topic. I thin Kranjcar is trying to bring back an Attacking flair that we lost with the likes of Jozic and Baric as our Head Coach. However like Tommy said our problem is still the Central Midfield once we can fix that then we will be able to play beautiful football again it is getting better already but for the moment no we are not playing attractive football.

·
Registered
36,386 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Just reading the forum description, it says this:

Can Croatian football still be described like that or has it changed? Are we now more reliant on defensive tactics and grinding out results rather than dominating teams like we did in the past? Can you call our football attarctive?

Are the players that are being produced in our football schools good enough technically compared to other European nations?

Discuss..

Of course it can. We are undoubtedly, still, a very technically oriented country.

Jerko Leko speaks of his experience in the Ukraine, he says your average young Croatian player has 5 times the technical ability of his Ukranian counterpart.

Barcelona's former coach (the name escapes me) bought his team to Medjugorje, and watched a tournament for 14 year olds, he said not even Spain can match the flare of Croatian youngsters.

We are undoubtedly a technical country, I don't know of any coach in Cro that plays tactics such as those in the EPL (forget Ars. Che., and ManU), you should see the teams in NZ.

So the problem doesn't lie in technical footbal, its development of promising youngsters and organisation and structure of our schools and clubs.

Once that's sorted, and some money is made from football, you'll see the improvements.

We're a country who has produced players like Prosinecki, Asanovic, Sliskovic and Boban, all technical maestros.

Maybe a Modric, Skegro or even Kranjcar can one day reach those heights..

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Ero said:
We're a country who has produced players like Prosinecki, Asanovic, Sliskovic and Boban, all technical maestros.
They were produced in a different system,when money was acctualy invested in sport,we need to start investing heavily in sport and bring back the rule that nobody can leave our leagues until he is 28.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Purger said:
bring back the rule that nobody can leave our leagues until he is 28.
That rule would suck for the players. How would Balaban feel about risking injury and his career playing in the HNL for minimum amounts of money when he could sign for a premiership club, become an instant millionaire and still have time to resurect his career in Belgium in that time?

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Super Croat said:
That rule would suck for the players. How would Balaban feel about risking injury and his career playing in the HNL for minimum amounts of money when he could sign for a premiership club, become an instant millionaire and still have time to resurect his career in Belgium in that time?
1)It would make the league alot stronger,which means(almost)full stadiums and more money.
2)Like the 600000 Euros a year Kranjčar gets right?:rollani: Who cares about him(Balaban) anyway,if I gave my opinion about him I would get banned!
3)So football is all about money to you?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my opinion, that kind of rule would only make our football even more outdated than what it currently is.

Whether we like it or not, our players are taught better and learn more outside of Croatia than inside.

Purger, what do you think would happen to someone like Tadic if he stays in Croatia until he is 26 or 28?

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
In my opinion, that kind of rule would only make our football even more outdated than what it currently is.

Whether we like it or not, our players are taught better and learn more outside of Croatia than inside.

Purger, what do you think would happen to someone like Tadic if he stays in Croatia until he is 26 or 28?
1)That rule would save our football.
2)That is true and it has to be changed.
3)Well,if he would play in the same league as Pršo,Robert Kovać,Srna,Klasnić,Jerko Leko...... he would mature,become a great player,give alot to NK Osijek(or to Dinamo or Hajduk)and when he would be 28 he would transfer for big money to FC Bayern or some other big club.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Making players stay until they are 28 is a very stupid idea. Why, bacause if a domestic player is any good, after 2 or 3 years playing for Dinamo, Hajduk, PFC...., he will be totally unmotivated to run around the 'livade' of our domestic competition. He want's to prove himself in a stronger league. Why would you want an unmotivated fairy running around getting more and more mediocre each game?

The other reason why its is stupid is that, if you keep these players until they are 28, our clubs basically destoy every possibility they have of making money because they can get no transfer fees (or they would be very low) for 28 year olds! And because 80%+ of revenues come from player sales, this type of law would basically destroy the domestic league & clubs within a few years if it was to be accepted.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
The whole point of the rule would be to make the league strong and stadiums full,which would result in more money for the clubs,why wouldn't a player be motivated to play in strong league in full stadiums?

If the player was class at 28,his club would get a lot of money for him.

It wouldn't destoy the league and the clubs,we would have strong teams who would play in the Champions League,UEFA Cup(and acctualy play a role in it),we would have full stadiums and with on top of that sponsors would give alot of money to the clubs.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Look the problem with people not coming to stadiums is more complicated than just because of the quality of the domestic league. The Croatian league, like this, the way it is, is of better quality than the Scottish league. Yet in Scotland 10x more people come to the stadiums than in Croatia. Why is that? There are a lot of reasons why people don't come to stadiums and we won't talk about it here but its a lot to do with no money, the size of the market, economic situation......

Secondly, as Dinamovac says, Croatian players learn more and get better by playing in europe. All your good players, Prso, Kovac, Biscan ....would not have become the Prso, Kovac, Biscan's as you know them today if they had stayed in the Croatian domestic league.

Finally, to repeat myself, at 28 a domestic player is cheaper than one at 23. He would not be considered 'class' if all he had to show under his belt was Croatian 1st league experience.

How the hell are the clubs going to make money? Yes, bring back the rule of 28 and the statiums will be full (there's your money). Wrong, people would still not come back to the stadiums, the players would not be class. They would also not develop like they would in europe and instead of having Prso, Kovac, Biscan's you would have unmotivated mediocre's.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Biscan might be a poor example....;)

Klasnic and Simunic are 2 more players that never played in HNL and are doing well in Bundesliga.

I got your point. If you look at any country from the region, Croatia, BiH, Bulgaria, Romania, SiG...the stadiums are mostly empty.:)

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
JV_ said:
Look the problem with people not coming to stadiums is more complicated than just because of the quality of the domestic league. The Croatian league, like this, the way it is, is of better quality than the Scottish league. Yet in Scotland 10x more people come to the stadiums than in Croatia. Why is that? There are a lot of reasons why people don't come to stadiums and we won't talk about it here but its a lot to do with no money, the size of the market, economic situation......

Secondly, as Dinamovac says, Croatian players learn more and get better by playing in europe. All your good players, Prso, Kovac, Biscan ....would not have become the Prso, Kovac, Biscan's as you know them today if they had stayed in the Croatian domestic league.

Finally, to repeat myself, at 28 a domestic player is cheaper than one at 23. He would not be considered 'class' if all he had to show under his belt was Croatian 1st league experience.

How the hell are the clubs going to make money? Yes, bring back the rule of 28 and the statiums will be full (there's your money). Wrong, people would still not come back to the stadiums, the players would not be class. They would also not develop like they would in europe and instead of having Prso, Kovac, Biscan's you would have unmotivated mediocre's.
1)Because they are real fans and LOVE their clubs.Because the stadiums are horrible and the football aswell is horrible,if money(in Zagreb it is not,but people don't come to the stadiums anyway) is the problem reduce ticket prices.
2)They would,because they would be playing against each other,not the crap players that now play in 1.HNL .
3)Ok,then make it 25 years then,well since all Croatians would be playing in Croatia,then they would play for the Croatian National Team,so they would play in the European Championship and the World Cup,so it wouldn't be a case of"all he had to show under his belt was Croatian 1st league experience"
4)Ticket's,merchendise,sponsors,TV rights money,Champions League money,UEFA Cup money,That is not true,if the league is strong,the stadiums are full and if the get decent money,why wouldn't they be motivated?

If you guys want to have shit leagues,that is your problem,I want our league to be among the 10 best leagues in the World.

·
Registered
36,386 Posts
Super Croat said:

I got your point. If you look at any country from the region, Croatia, BiH, Bulgaria, Romania, SiG...the stadiums are mostly empty.:)
except in Mostar !!!

:)

I think we are still emphasyzing technical football. If you remember our u21 sides and u16 sides that did well, they were technically supperior to all of the competition they faced. The U21 got beaten and drew the important games, but we outplayed every single opponent, which is promising.

We are not known for hard work, work in the air, a tight defense or counter attacks, or running, or rough hard play etc. We still play technical football, you should have seen Rijeka in the UEFA cup this year..

about the 28 year rule, it's a double edged sword. You would get talent staying at home and you would have a beter league, but I'm not sure this will bring people into the stands...maybe football in our country is past it's hey-day?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
the 28 thing is beyond stupid

we would ruin our best players...and its economical suicide

tell me waht sponsors will pay the equivalent of a croatian team selling a player for 5 mil every 2 seasons....NONE....casue comapred to top 5 leauges ours is shit...and our country is poor so marketing to poor ppl aint to smart...u know since they cant buy your products

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Of course, such and outdated and simplistic 'fix it all' idea.

Ero said:
maybe football in our country is past it's hey-day?
Its not, its league is crap now because the teams the few good clubs have to play are crap. They look stupid like Rijeka in the UEFA Cup because they have no hard match experience. The only way our top teams are going to get better is if they play more european games and see how the better clubs play and adopt those positives into our game.

That's the only solution NOW for all those problems our leagues have and its the only thing to focus on.

To get into the position to play tougher games, to get better.

When we get better teams, the weaker lower teams work to adopt the tactics the better teams have picked up in europe and the local competition gets better.

The new UEFA Cup is a godsend for our teams. It will bridge the gap to the stronger european clubs and we will start getting better.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Purger my man, your dreaming!! Croatia in the top 10 best leagues in the world!! Are you high???? Dude, Hrvatska has a population of 4.5 million!! Whether we like it or not our market is just too small and we can actually be lucky to have 2 teams that are recognized around the world, although they haven't been living up to they're reputations the last few years. :sob:

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
grba2 said:
Purger my man, your dreaming!! Croatia in the top 10 best leagues in the world!! Are you high???? Dude, Hrvatska has a population of 4.5 million!! Whether we like it or not our market is just too small and we can actually be lucky to have 2 teams that are recognized around the world, although they haven't been living up to they're reputations the last few years. :sob:
1)No,I aint high.
So what,we have more talented players than France has(their league is a Top 10 league and they were World and European Champions(eben if they won both by cheating).We can be in the Top 10:

1)Spain
2)Italy
3)Argentina
4)Germany
5)Brazil
6)England
7)Russia
8)Ukraine
9)Mexico
10)Croatia

All we need to accomplish this is get mamić,marković and their likes kicked out of Football,get in people who know about something marketing and football,better youth coaches and coaching,build new stadiums,introduce the rule that players can't leave the league before they are 25,and make our footballers have a winning mentelity.We also have to do other things,but if we did all off them,our league would be among the top 10 in the World and we would be World Champions.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts