Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
backwards godforesaken places did they do this poll? I mean they polled scotland for the next English manager?!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4722748.stm

McClaren above Hiddink? Do people have rocks in their head. I seriously give up hope for the population at times. :frustrat: 30% don't know? How the feck do you not know your opinion. More people don't know what they think than have an opinion on any single manager. Thats pathetic, were they exclusively asking women from scotland or something?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I'm surprised Donald Duck didn't win if they polled in Jockland, what were they thinking?

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
No suprise, the majority of football fans in this country are retarded when it comes to football.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
63,337 Posts
I think as a NT coach Capello would be great, it's just mainly about selecting and motivating and decent substitions.

considering most of the availables are pragmatic coaches then i think he would be the best choice.

btw, how relaible is this paper?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, is it the Italian equivelent of the Sun?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think as a NT coach Capello would be great, it's just mainly about selecting and motivating and decent substitions.

considering most of the availables are pragmatic coaches then i think he would be the best choice.

Yeah, which may appeal to him as a sort of a 'break' even though the pressure will triple he is more than able to handle it. Plus he is tactical without being a zombie, he gets angry at stupid things which is what we need. I'd like to know what he would do with Beckham though to be sure.

I would have completely ignored it if it weren't for the quotes (even if they are out of context), and the precursor's to this news. It seems valid. 19 million looks a silly figure though, I mean they couldn't afford to sack sven as it was. So if it looks silly and involves the English FA, then it must be true.

·
63,337 Posts
£19m is about the same as Sven is on though isn't it? i think they were worried about having to pay Sven off as well as pay a new coach.

It would be interesting to see how he'd revamp the midfield for sure, what with his love of Emerson i'd doubt we'd see the same as Sven does just crowbarring every good or high profile player into the team somehow.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jern Lizardhous said:
£19m is about the same as Sven is on though isn't it? i think they were worried about having to pay Sven off as well as pay a new coach.

It would be interesting to see how he'd revamp the midfield for sure, what with his love of Emerson i'd doubt we'd see the same as Sven does just crowbarring every good or high profile player into the team somehow.
I think it is an increase assuming its a four year contract. In truth he should be earning at least double Sven's pay considering how crap he is compared to Capello.

Yeah, I don't rate Emerson that much personally so we might end up with Butt playing there or something. Still, its something.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
It's not the best paper out there, but then again it's not of the same pedigree as The Sun, either. Corriere is the second biggest sports daily in the country, but I really wouldn't know what to make of them reporting on English NT business...pinch of salt nearby the computer, I say.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Capello would be ideal, he played very attacking football with roma, has great pedigree, sin't scared of confrontation with underachieving superstars, he took on del piero last season :eekani:. Plus he knows how to get balance and add winning mentality to his teams. plus he can handle pressure (milan, mdrid and juve) are a good resume for an england applicant.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern and Marc agreeing on something. Sure a boring thread this is :yawn: :tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
England swoop for Capello Friday 17 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has been approached by the Football Association with a view to him becoming the head Coach of England, according to reports in Italy.

The English FA have been looking for a new man to take over after the World Cup this summer, ever since the decision was taken last month for Sven Goran Eriksson to step down after the tournament.

Candidates that have so far been linked to the post include former Celtic boss Martin O’Neill, Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce and Alan Curbishley of Charlton Athletic.

However, it has since emerged that the FA are interested in luring a more high-profile name, with Capello’s exemplary success record at club level putting him top of their wish list.

Capello has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid, where he won the Primera Liga in his only season in Spain 1996, but with Capello having indicated recently that he would be interested in trying a new adventure, the England job could well appeal.

“I have always said that I would be interested in working in England,” he told Football Italia in November.

While, last month, he also revealed that he would not be averse to bossing an international team.

“Coaching a foreign national side appeals to me,” he said in January. “This would take up two to three months of my time and would allow me to travel.”

However, whether or not Don Fabio is yet ready to walk out on Juventus remains to be seen.

He has always maintained that he will see out his contract until the end of next season, before embarking on a new challenge.

The English FA, however, are said to be prepared to offer him a luxury pad in London in addition to a salary of £4.7m a year until the 2010 World Cup.

channel4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts