Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the only one who thinks that jancker sucks too much to be in this team? i mean bring on oliver neuville or even the aging bierhoof. Why this blind loyalty to a player who is clumsy as hell? And what is jens jeremies doing on the bench?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Don't ask me for an reasonable comment I've never liked Jancker.
If it had been up to me he would have stayed at home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, Jancker sucks. I just don't understand how can a coach pick him over some other players. After all, Jancker hasn't played much through out the season with Bayern previously. Clearly, he missed so many golden opportunities in the match against Ireland.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Germany should be content with their results upto now. Although I think that Jancker isn't really neccesary in their squad.
Somedays ago when the sqaud was anounced their was a thread about it in this forum. I can only say I agree with jez.
Jancker is overrated no doubt . But he was claimed to have "more experience in nt games" ( surly not goal scoring experience after this season).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think Jancker has played well. Yes he missed some chances, but his game is well suited with Klose. Carsten Jancker is a physical force that other teams have no answer to. He is like a battering ram. He is often used like a center in basketball where he plays with his back to the net and is the focal point of the offense. Send it in to Jancker and let him draw defenders so that he can pass it back to attackers slicing in. Klose has partnered him to perfection.

As for Voeller, I think he made a tactical error by sitting on his lead. The Mannschaft should not have just sat back and defended. Eventually it would catch up to him and it did. Although we only need a draw against Cameroon, I hope Voeller doesn't make the same mistake with the Africans.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am writing at halftime of what has been a dreadful german performance against cameroon. I can honestly say that I won't shed a tear should this team not qualify. Any team with jancker in it does not deserve to win anything. What the heck is wrong with Voller?Why this unjustified faith in such a bulky, ackward, clumsy and dumb player????????????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well well well, u take out jancker and the team scores. As I said, u take jancker out and the team can only get better

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You're right bayern fan, Bode was only five minutes on the field and ...
scored a goal!:D

Well there's still something good about Jancker not getting the ball into the net ...
the chance that he undresses his jersey is minimized.:D

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
hehe, have to agree with you all about Jancker. The guy can't do a single thing right! He can't score, can't pass properly, can't do anything! Why on earth does Voller keep putting him in the starting 11? Thank goodness Bode opened the scoring! :)

and yeah, the match was ridiculously littered with yellow cards. Wonder how the absences of Ziege, Hamann and Ramelow will affect Germany's performance in the next round?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I feel so sorry for Christian Ziege, just as he finally got himself a decent haircut again. ;)

But it can´t be hard for Völler to replace him, Böhme on a good day is at least one class better than Ziege.
Same with Ramelow, it´s not like he did anything in his 3 games that Rehmer can´t do.
As for Hamann, I guess Jeremies will be his replacement.

And some of you are very hard on Jancker. He´s probably in the biggest crisis of his career so far, it´s not like he´s a useless player (when in form).
I wonder if some of you have seen more than 3 games with him.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
MxPx I have seen more than three matches, but you're right we should stop being so hard on Jancker (not that I would ever be able to like this guy;)).

Better celebrate Klose!:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Indeed, Jancker is huge physically, and he is there to hold the ball for other players. But, he is no Viduka of Leeds United. Lack of skill and laziness at times prevent him from being effective in the front. If Germany wants to go far in the tournament, I think they need to make a change and give some better players a chance to shine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts