Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats the question i have
wat is Henry's weakness???...

i cant seem to find any atm...his too strong in all aspects, and is the ideal striker anyone would want...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
He doesn't have many at all.

Although if teams defend deep and press him tightly he can go missing in games, as has been shown a few times.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yes i agree with bebu, defiently heading, most arsenal players not known for headers apart from vieira and sol who are pretty good at it. just not a whole teams strength, which means i am sure wenger doesnt make them train it much. it doesnt suit our style of play anyway, apart from corners, we dont use our heads.

Although if teams defend deep and press him tightly he can go missing in games, as has been shown a few times.

so so, i do admit sometimes his out of action, however when they press him tightly, it opens space for our other "forwards" like 2nd strike, pires and freddie. also he still is able to score, and he can assits, so even if they press him tightly, arsenal still wins.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Like Swiftwilly said, Thierry Henry's weakness is probably his heading accuracy. But I have read Henry latest interview in local sport tabloid. In his interview, Henry admitted that he rarely scored goal with his head and it has been his ambition to score from air. Currently, he has been working hard on his heading ability with the help from Vieira and Kanu.

I know Titi's character and I think he is really one of the most talented player Arsenal ever had. He has been improving so much since his arrival to this club. Season by season, all of football fans were amazed by his significant improvement, from an unsucessful player in Juventus into a world class player. He started to wake everyones' eyes with multiple talents. First, his pace, then, his goalscoring rate, his techniques, his vision, his assists and even his free kick. The conclusion is, I must say that Henry is a quick learner and has made great use of his gifted talent so far. So I am not surprised if in the future we will see a more complete and deadlier Henry who is able to head the ball as good as from his feet.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
His inability to score headed goals is funny really, considering that he is quite a tall guy and he can jump as high as anyone I've seen (although usually when celebrating a goal, not challenging for a header ;)).

Other than that I would say he doesn't score enough "easy" goals.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Already stated but it's undoubtly his heading skills.
Nothing a good player can't change though... ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Like Swiftwilly said, Thierry Henry's weakness is probably his heading accuracy. But I have read Henry latest interview in local sport tabloid. In his interview, Henry admitted that he rarely scored goal with his head and it has been his ambition to score from air. Currently, he has been working hard on his heading ability with the help from Vieira and Kanu.
FANTASTIC if thats true! i guess in one more season we would have THE perfect striker specimen:happy:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'd say it's playing fair, like that free kick against Villa. ;) I'm just messing with you lad's, but I still thought it was a bit cheap. But you gotta hand it to the man, he got the goal and that's what counts... :tongue:

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
- The inabilty to perform in big games.
- Inabilty to create space for others with his movement in the box.
- Backing into defenders to allow team mate to have a clear shot on goal.
- All types of Heading.
- Easily wound up.

more to follow!! :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he has no weakness,he bashes the ball in with his head at times. :cool:

think,Depor at Home,West Ham at Home,Lyon away,some russian side at Home,he has powered in a few headers with ease.

it's not that he can't head,it's that he always looks for the position to receive a pass :eek:

he is the playmaker/striker/winger of our team,he has redifined the position and is the best of his generation.

I remember some silly people laughed at us last season when we proclaimed him as the world's best,these people are now taking notice,it takes a performance on the continent to get it which is sad. :tongue:

Thierry Henry is the best player in the World by a country mile these days,great that he is also a proper Gooner who loves the club as much as we do. :cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if his weakness is his heading,,is that why he always seem to take the corners..or is he taking corners to get a feel and contact with the ball???

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
his inability to score easy goals .. for him everything has to be spectacular .. no problems for me .. i love them .. but for his team that might be a problem apart from his heading abilites ...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
you have to play to a players strengths.

Henry does not go into the box (regularly) looking to be at the end of a cross or a tap in etc.

but Owen / Horse Nistelrooy do not score or create the type of Henry goals.

Trezegeut will be the ideal compliment to Henry.

Get rid of Wiltord and Jeffers and sign Trezegeut. Imagine one year of Trezegeut under Wenger what he will be like!!

D

·
0 Posts
Bentex said:

1. - The inabilty to perform in big games.
2. - Inabilty to create space for others with his movement in the box.
3. - Backing into defenders to allow team mate to have a clear shot on goal.
4. - All types of Heading.
5. - Easily wound up.

:D
nonsense post

1. Inter Milan, Juve, and Manure have all been destroyed by Mr. Henry, so that's bolox.
2. Yeah his movement never leaves room for Freddie or Bobby:rolleyes:
3. Also known as cheating, you're right, he shoudl cheat more.
4. He's got a great spring in his jumps, he's easily as good at scoring headers as RVN.
5. ????????? When he gets wound up he plays even better!

D

·
0 Posts
Steph! said:
He hasn't any. Saying he's inept at headers is nonsense, although he's not in the class of Shearer, Trezeguet nor Vieri in that department obviously.
IMO this post, coming from a Juve fan, is as much proof of Henry's class as you can get on a message board. If any team has a reason to slag off Henry it's Juve.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
It's true that Titi and Trez find each other with close eyes. However, the best/most deadly attack in the world would be Titi and Sheva...:eek::dazed: Now that would be phenomenal...:star:

And my 2 fav strikers in the same team, now that would be a dream come true, but with Berlusconi, nothing's impossible...;)

ALLEZ TITI!!!:heart::proud: :star:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you can dream on me ol' china :D

the last place Titi would dream of going to is back to Italy,unless it's with the Arsenal to brush up another Italian defence.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts