Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not verry pessimistic but what is the worst scenario that could happen with our club ?

Parma forever.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Extincition. All the players released and no more Parma. :( Serie B will then promote one more team for next season to cover up.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
All I can say is that the owners, Parmalat, are ****ed and Parma's president is in jail. Parma's only hope is some rich fan who will the team out of temporary shit.

The best of the worst scenario's is the Viola treatment. :(

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
ACPARMA.com aren't mentioning anything about it but this is what I could find from soccerage:

12/28/2003. Parma are in danger of going into liquidation according to director general Patrick Nebiolo.

"The club's losses must be covered and the Capital increased during the shareholders' meeting," he said.

"Parmalat are unable to introduce fresh funds, but they can convert credits into Capital. If that doesn't happen, then the alternative is liquidation."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There you go. Liquidation. As well as the worst scenario it also looks the most possible. It means Parma will sell all their players and go to sleep until some money is found. :(

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am naturally pessimistic, which makes this situation harder as it is a part of my personal part of football which is being shot down.

If we do go completely out, what will we all do? Carry on following a team from Parma if another is created or change. I would follow the new Parma if it happened.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I really don't know. Before I became Parma fan, I had supported always 4 or 5 teams in the same time. Since I'm Gialloblu there hasn't been any space for another team. I think of (and about) Parma 14 hours a day, I couldn't imagine how I support another team. Gialloblu forever!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Frankly, I am a pessimist, it's my nature. We are fúcked.

And if Parma really do go down the písser then bye bye XT, I have no interest in football any longer.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
What might happen is what happened to Wimbledon FC. The club went financially fecked before moving to a different region to play their games and are now deep at the bottom of Division 1. The fans didn't like their forced move completely out of the area and changing the name to MK (Milton Keynes [the new area]) Dons and therefore a new team, AFC Wimbledon, was made which the fans followed. They are in a league about 3 divisions above Division 3, but AFC play in Wimbledon, unlike FC. Maybe this is a bad comparison because the term "gloryhunters" comes to mind here but the same thing may happen.

The new Parma could be called Parma FC or something, and they wouldn't be attatched to AC Parma or Parmalat or Tanzi or shit like that and would be run by the fans. They could have the same kit and all, and would be run by the true fans. The bad side is that they would have to start in Tercera Categoria which is an amateur league 9 divisions before Serie A.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
cam said:
Frankly, I am a pessimist, it's my nature. We are fúcked.

And if Parma really do go down the písser then bye bye XT, I have no interest in football any longer.
:proud: #1 Parmafan :proud:

·
Registered
374 Posts
If the situation flips to absolute NO HOPE then it will be a tradgedy for serie A. 13 years of euro footy and then non exsistant, that chain seems to break at a strange time.
If the fans own Parma there would be a happy strand in a bucket of bad ones.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
If Parma goes down, I will go down. A big part of my heart will then be destroyed and I will never have this intrest for football. I will probably find me another hobby...:(

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
That is what I would be like if Romania NT didn't exist anymore, but not for any clubs, even though Fulham is a big part of me, I wouldn't give up football.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I honestly don't know what I'd do without football in my life, it would be a huge hole in my life. I quite fancy learning to play the drums, but my parents would go crazy, so that has to wait till I leave home.

Right now I only really have one "pass-time" which isn't pracitical to do more than I do it currently. Meh.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I really dont know guys. I feel I cant care about football if Parma isnt involved. I have other teams I "Like" but Parma is 99.9 %...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
If Parma go down I can guarantee you that there will be some kind of representation. Parma only has 1 team to represent them...what will all those people who go to the stadium do without Parma. From the 12000 season ticket holders I'm sure there is at least 1 supporter who is very rich or maybe a group of people who would come together to form a consortium. :)

I think the FIGC would ask Parma to sort themselves out by June or mid August or else be thrown out of Serie A. During that time I think Parma will either get a new owner or becomes a supermarket selling Frey, Bonera, Ferrari, Gilardino, Marchionni and Adriano or any other players that get decent offers. So that they can rasie some money before the set deadline in the summer for registeration.

I think that's how it will ultimately pan out. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I'd still watch the odd CL game and follow the Swedish NT I guess. But things wouldn't be the same for sure...

I just can't believe what's happening...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts