Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Boca won more continental and intercontinental titles and is more popular.

River won more national titles.

At the moment Boca is the best team. in fact since 2000 Boca have been contantly been the best Argentine (and until 2003, South American) team.

River was better in 2004/05 but they sold so many players that their team is still not that strong (despite some great players like Lux and Falcao).

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
MVB said:
Just check our history
That's exactly it. Most of those posting here favor different clubs according to the bright colors they wear and not because of history.

For starters, do you really expect them to know that Independiente has won the Libertadores more than anyone else in the continent? Including an amazing four-year cup run?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
everybody knows that you freaking idiot!

Loco said:
That's exactly it. Most of those posting here favor different clubs according to the bright colors they wear and not because of history.

For starters, do you really expect them to know that Independiente has won the Libertadores more than anyone else in the continent? Including an amazing four-year cup run?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,485 Posts
I knew that! Rojas, Bochini, Burruchaga, Galvan, Moreno, Bertoni...they were good for almost a decade or so!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Bochini = :thumbsup: Just look at my username for Chrissakes :D

That's the thing Loco, it is too easy just to pick a club on a 'whim' without actually knowing what they stand for. Admittedly when I first saw Independiente play (A 5-1 loss to RIVER a few years back :eekani: ) I immediately liked the jersey and the club nickname etc...

But it's a lot more than that. To research the history and find out what they achieved back then, compared to where they are now, made a place in my heart for the club. It's the 'sleeping giant' thing I guess. And when you look at the fierce derby with Racing, El Rojo are clearly a special club. I've followed them ever since.

I plan to visit one day, but it's very tough. I've hardly any money at all because I'm studying at the moment. It will be very different, and weird, when I finally get over there to see what it's really all about.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Colón de Santa Fe haven't had a lot of success but appear to be a very good club: the players are said to be paid on time, the administration is said to be sound and it is thought that the directors refuse to have anything to do with the barra brava. Via Channel 5 (UK) I saw them beat Boca in the Bombonera in the 2005 Apertura, and they did so with neat football. This season they have struggled at times but they clearly have good footballing principles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts