• unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
La Liga: we stand on top with a 2 point clear over Valencia, we start league play 1/3/04 against Real Murcia.

Champions League: 1/8 leg with away & home games to Bayern Munich. The first leg is to be player 2/24/04 and the second on 3/10/04

Copa Del Rey: 1/8 with away and home games to S.S. Eibar. The first leg to be played on 1/5/04 and the second leg will be played 1/12/04

I wanted to start another poll to see how you think we will fair and what most madridista feel we can or can not accomplish.

I would also appreciate it if you would comment on why you voted the way you did.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Che said:
[B

Champions League: 1/8 leg with away & home games to Bayern Munich.

[/B]
I think its the 1/16 leg Che with the CL's new formation and all.

I really have no idea what to expect at the end of this season because if we think about it, we have brushed opponets aside with minimal effort but on the other hand when we have an off day, we are simply discusting (eg. Sevilla & Osasuna)

One can think that with a centre defence like this we aint going nowhere but we have done it so many times its not even funny.

I think that we will manage to get either the Cl or La Liga, ala the past 3 seasons.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
The league title is our best bet and that will depend a lot on our away form.

I dont rate our chances much in the CL unless the draw after Bayern, providing we get through of course, is kind to us.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i think all heads are on the UCL.
i think this is what most players wants this year.
it will be very hard (if not impossible) to get Laliga and UCL.
Laliga is just too strong and too unpredictable.
i did vote that we will get the Copa Del Rey.
it's been a while since we had it and with a good draw we can get to the final (probably with those games that we win in the 86th minute) and then grab the final.
________
Stock Picks

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: Re: What is our potential?

Hala Madrid said:
I think its the 1/16 leg Che with the CL's new formation and all.
ehmmm :) 1/2 - this is the semi-final, 1/4 is the quarterfinal, and 1/8 is our next leg, game against Bayern :yuck:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we will get ChL. The Real Madrid power depends on money form ChL and selling t-shirts/using Zidanes images...
ChL is the most importante for Perez.

On the other hand we are unstoppable in la-liga if we play on 100% ... but I think Valencia is very strong this year. They may take advantage of our fight in ChL and get the liga trophy...

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Potential? There's no question. The treble. Yes, we really are that good.

However, if we actually do play to our potential that's a different story.. I have a good feeling this year, we're going to shatter some records with this legendary team.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well I think we will win the Copa del Rey and one of either the Champions League or La Liga.

I think we are taking the Copa del Rey more seriously this year (although it didn't look like it in our last game I know), and we have also got a relatively good draw for this to reach the 1/4s.

Out of the Champions League and La Liga, I think most of us including the club itself would prefer to win the Champions League. However, we all know that just one bad night can effectively put us out of this competition and realistically I believe of progressing against Bayern is about 65%. And even assuming that we progress against them, there will no doubt be a whole host of dangerous teams to contend with on the way to the title. If we get knocked out early from this competition I think success in the league will almost be guaranteed (and by quite some margin) since we can concentrate our efforts solely on that. However if we have a long run in the Champions League our domestic form would no doubt suffer. From the outset I believed Valencia would be our biggest threat, and it has so far turned out this way and I don't see any reason for this to change. And I think if we had a long run in the Champions League (preferably winning it of course), Valencia could well pip us to the domestic titles. I just don't think we have the resources to compete on both fronts. Hopefully we will correct this in the current transfer window though. Well basically what I'm saying from this is that I hope we win the Champions League but La Liga would be the safer bet.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if we win treble but I just don't think thats going to happen. I think most of you guys would agree that winning one of either the Champions League or La Liga would still be a great achievement although some others who follow the club less closely might not agree.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Wow! I think it is very hard to say this year. Last 2-3 seasons we started really bad in the Liga until the winter break of the Champions League. This led to an intensive effort all along the year that left the team exhausted. Remember the collapse along the last month in the 2002 domestic championship that almost cost us a clean Centannary! And last year, with that hard fight against Real Sociedad we paid it hard at Delle Alpi.

This year, with the best record in years so far, the pause in Champions League might boost us in Spain. If this happens, a double Liga-Champions League could be possible. At least we would be in the fight. But if we fall into excessive relax, I can't see us physically strong enough to resist fighting in two fronts.

We should win the Liga not very painfully, since we're several steps above Depor and Valencia even considering our endemic unballance. On the other hand, I still don't see a serious purpose of winning the Cup. If Portillo & co. decide again not to seize their opportunities, we will fall as soon as we face a team the level of Mallorca or higher - and let's wait to see what happens against Eibar! :rollani:

Finally my opinion is that our potential can reach Liga and CL, but it must be wisely directed to become an actual fact. And I don't trust Queiroz fdor this task

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Our potentail?
if someone asked you 5 years back, would you imagine seeing ronaldo, raul, zidane, figo, beckham and carlos play in the same CLUB and not an all-stars team what would you say?

what i mean is that if we play our strongest and best throughout the season we should WIN every single match with such talents in one team

so our potential is to win every title

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
It shouldn't be too difficult for a team with Real's potential to win the treble. They can only let themselves down in the La Liga and de Copa del Rey, and once they overcome Bayern in the Champions League, the worst will have been over for Real in that competition. :)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I voted for La Liga + Champions. I don't think they're capable of winning Copa in the same season, it takes too much squad depth. The players can say what they always say that it's the cup they really want but still they won't be motivated enough to give 100% in Copa as history proves. The schedule is extremely busy and even La Liga and Champions needs biggest efforts even for Real Madrid. Youngsters aren't good enough at these later stages of Copa del Rey.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bailemos said:
I voted for La Liga + Champions. I don't think they're capable of winning Copa in the same season, it takes too much squad depth. The players can say what they always say that it's the cup they really want but still they won't be motivated enough to give 100% in Copa as history proves. The schedule is extremely busy and even La Liga and Champions needs biggest efforts even for Real Madrid. Youngsters aren't good enough at these later stages of Copa del Rey.
I agree 100%

I wasnt sure how I was going to vote, either liga+ Cl or liga+ copa and to me there are more players hungry to win the CL than Copa.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Asked about our potential and since we're still in all competitions, of course we are able to win all competitions!!! :D

But practically thinking, its almost impossible to win all, with Ronnie (& a few others)'s heads thinking about Champions' League, our greatest assault obviously lies there. La Liga should be our second priority with La Copa last on the list.

My assesement is 2 out of 3.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I`ve always thought that, if RM`s defence was finally sorted out, RM would be able to win THE TREBLE! But the reality is that, RM will win La Liga and reach the semis of CL, no more. To conquer CL RM needs a better defence.

·
Registered
282 Posts
one of your games??? what a biased %%$#@ , virtually every league game has been crap from your over-rated team of half-stars :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
that's not the point dude. you might be sitting (un-deservedly)top of the table, but most of your games so far have been UN-IMPRESSIVE :thumbdwn:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts