Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the start of the season, I believe winning something, doesn't matter what, is essential and important to get us back to the winning ways. It is so called, to instill the winning mentality in us. For the last few seasons, we lack this, as seem we forgot how to win.

Scudetto: Less than half a chance, top 3 would be good enough.

9 points behind the leader. Not a lot of points actually, considering there are so many matches left. If we could pull a run of consecutive victories, we're in with a chance. But, it all depends on our rivals, whether they crumble or not.

Considering the amount of injury, it is even harder for us, though this is no excuse.

Coppa Italia: Win

I would aim for this cup even though many people discount this cup. At the moment, we're 2-1 down from the first led, but I don't think we are out as yet. Since we're already in the semi-final and are only a step from the final, this is the closest we are to winning.

UEFA Cup:

People can label this as mickey mouse cup or whatever they want, but I actually felt this cup has grown in competition, though it may have decrease in stature.

Since we haven't won this one before, it is time to add this elusive one to our cabinet. We have to treat this cup seriously.

In summary, if Milan win one of those two cups offered and finished in the top 3 in Serie A, I will be satisfied. Champions League is a MUST for us.

·
Registered
43,398 Posts
CL is all that matters at the moment ... UEFA will be nice and a good bonus ... a very good bonus nut if we don't get the CL the rest won't matter that much ... Actually I am in a positions even to say that teh Scudetto will be a bonus ... minimum and the main thing is the CL spot ... after that it is all about the CL itself ... that is my personal understanding of Milan ...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
In order to win anything at all we need two things that money can't buy: injury-free players and consistency.

Right now, i agree with Gaz; if we can get a run of several wins in a row, we will be back in it, as there are so many games left it's still possible, but it's getting harder and harder each week as we keep on throwing away points like we've been doing. The UEFA Cup is, in my opinion, should be the #1 target of the season as far silverware is concerned. This is the only trophy that we still haven't won in our glorious history, so better now. The Coppa Italia, will be very difficult to beat Juve at Delle Alpi with a 2 goal margin, but until the final whistle hasn't been blown by the ref, we're still in it.

So right now, we need to recuperate our injured players; keep those playing free from injuries and above all, be consistent and we'll get something positive out of this season. Did I mention that it is imperative for us to get to the CL?;)

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!:)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I agree with Payman about the injury-free players and consistency. Our consistency right now is that we can't score.:depress:

Let's be realistic about the league...it's out of reach for us now. Top 3....well, the coaching change has failed to raise us above 5th place, I have no more comments for that.

Coppa Italia...we were fine until we had to face Juve. All we have to do on the return leg at the Delle Alpi is outscore them. I've lost my faith in that happening, sad to say. I'd still like to see us have a chance at the Coppa tho.

UEFA...frankly, as I see it, any European competition can't be sneezed at and dismissed as being "Mickey Mouse." We were doing fine in UEFA, so let's hope this 2-month layoff doesn't hurt us. (A reminder--last season we were doing reat in CL until we hit this 2-month layoff and lost our momentum.)

I'd take UEFA and a top 4 spot....I just don't know yet if I'm being realistic, I just can't get a handle on it anymore.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes, it is not that we want to be realistic, it's just that reality hits us hard on the head. Pampered with success we are, expectations go sky high, reality coming into play may actually make us more modest.

But I believe we wouldn't go so low, so unlucky that for the 2nd straight year, injury and inconsistency rob us off a CL spot.

Btw, I watched three tapes for the last few days. 89/90 semis CL Milan 5 - Real 0, 89/90 final CL Milan 4 Stenua 0 and 94 final CL Milan 4 Barca 0. After watching those tapes, I told myself I'm willing to wait to see my Milan perform the same way again.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Well last year inter was even in a worse position then this in the league around 10th and they got back to land themselves 5th ahead of inter
so don't just write your self off shev can do anything trust me
there is a reason why he is feared so much

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
R^cube is thinking on the right lines. I know some of you are trying to be realistic, but I feel you are being a bit pessimistic when it comes to lo scudetto....

I have no idea who will win it, and it doesnt look good for us, but we still have a slim chance, and whatever happens I bet this season will be definitely better than the last one (even though that is no great achievement). We will get better as it goes on.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's two sides to the story for me when it comes to most realistic target and what I think deep down what we're hopefully realistically gonna do. It's that when you say specifically realistic it'll probably be a CL spot and not the Scudetto. CL spot is not all that bad meaning it would be just sweet position for us next season. But, i think we are not all that over when it comes to the Scudetto either because we're about 9 points down right? and we've got like what 15 more games? and starting with Lazio & Inter we will beat them. It's not over 'till the fat lady sings and IMO it ain't about to be done with.

Coppa Italia is the thing i used to think we would win and really, it's a big pity that we have lost to Juventus at home and it'll make things double the toughness for us to win the Coppa. It'll be very hard for us to win, but never count out the Rossonerro. UEFA Cup is not gonna be easy but we've got a serious shot at winning it there too because we're like top 4 teams left and Valencia, Inter and Leeds are the one's left, if i am not mistaken. :googly:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I agree about the winning streak thing, it´s kind of obvious though.... If you win games, you´ll have chances to win something. If you don´t score goals enough, you won´t win and you won´t succeed. And it turns in circle.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Honestly, I believe Scudetto is over for Milan ! Same for Coppa Italia ! :cool:

I believe the winner of the UEFA cup will be either Milan or Inter !
Milan should focus on this and still keep some energy in order to reach the 4th place synonym of a CL spot !

The most important for you is to keep Ancelotti and let him work in peace ! I see this season as a transition one for Milan ! Carlo is building and the absence of Rui Costa is a huge problem for him whose system is based on a 3-5-2 and all the offence oriented by the playmaker...

I predict a very strong Milan next year...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Ancelotti is more destroying than building sth. At least I cant link the action of "building sth" with relying on old and past-its-prime players like Costacurta etc when u got great guys like Laursen and co sitting on the bench, pretty frustrating

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
After seeing the Udinese match, I have now decided that our most realistic target is to try and survive from a mass destruction of the San Siro by our own fans!:mad:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Milan will have to be content with a dog fight with Lazio and Chievo for the last remaining CL place.

Funny how theie season has gone for them, as they were originally installed as one of the favourites to take the title...;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
What is our most realistic target? Very good question mate!
I hope that we are going to finish within the first four teams but after the Udinese match our most realistic target seems to be the fact that we could hold the league :wallbang:

I am still in a kind of shock!

Max

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I believe we should get to 3rd, and at least the semis of the Uefa Cup (because thats where the good teams will come out).

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
After Sunday's game even winning the CL spot is not for sure because just coz we're the great team called Milan, doesn't mean our Rossonerro will recover and suddently pass trough Chievo coz it won't happen, Chievo are gonna also play Lazio coz they had one game that was suspended due to weather conditions. It won't be very nice for us to keep how we're playing if we want to win the CL spot, we've got to face it, if we keep it up, even the CL spot will be a dream. :(

Our players don't love the team, well, some of them don't. Contra is an example, I love his skills really and I don't know behind if it's the truth or not but all of a sudden our team sucks and he's "homesick" and wants to go back to Spain. It's a shame! Well, feck off if you want to Contra! I'm sorry, but I am just sick of this bullox! :cry:

OK, anyone agree with the Contra thing as an example? :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts