Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he leaving fiorentina. Nuno Gomes is a great player I would love to see him back in Portugal. He is just to good of a player to play in the serie B, despite never doing to many great things in the top flight. There have been reports that he has been linked with a move to Porto, Benfica, Tottenham and Birmingham

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I am actually hoping he goes to Newcastle. They already have 2 young kids on the books & I think Gomes & Shearer would be lethal playing off each other but Bobby Robson is the Boss so we will see what happens............

My Tip..........Benfica !!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
What if he decides to play for all the teams by giving them his arms legs hair etc.:D

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
The latest is that he might move back to Benfica on loan but I wouldn't count out Tottenham. They love the guy, but he supposedly doesn't like the weather England has to offer ;)

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I have a gut feeling he will go into Benfica... I dunno why...

·
Registered
273 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
I have a gut feeling he will go into Benfica... I dunno why...
I think there is little chance of that happening given Benfica's present financial situation. The club wanted to arrange a loan transfer, but Fiorentina only wanted to do permanent transfers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
::shinji:: said:
I have a feeling we'll see a couple Portuguese players heading to Atletico Madrid, thanks to Paulo Futre...it wasn't too long ago that I read that Sergio Conceicao was at the top of At. Madrid's list for new signings.....
I thought so too. During the offseason, Sergio, Nuno and Petit have all been linked to Futre's club. However, he has made a number of moves to strengthen the club, and now it looks like he will not be adding any more Portuguese players to join Dani, who has spent the last couple of years helping AM win promotion. After additing the two players from AC MIlan last week, he said that he was done buying players. That is why I am taking their interest with a grain of salt. I would love to see more Portuguese playing in the Spanish League.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
selecao2002 said:

I think there is little chance of that happening given Benfica's present financial situation. The club wanted to arrange a loan transfer, but Fiorentina only wanted to do permanent transfers.
O.K., for the last time....Benfica's present financial situation is not as bad as it once was. JVA messed up alot but Vieira and company have so far done a good job cleaning up the mess hall. This is outside the stadium debt of course. The stadium debt will be there as it will for the other clubs....

In terms of income after operations, Benfica was not in the red last year for the first time in awhile and used the excess as well as some contributions to clean up some debt in arrears....

If your confused, don't be, I'm a financial analyst and as a member of Sport Clube de Lisboa E Benfica I get an annual report to see where the heck my cash goes....

And I'm glad some of it went to getting Simao.....God Bless that man!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Simao? I havent really been following Benfica that good lately-Pedro Simao or Sabrosa?

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I'll tell you what going on with Nuno Gomes:
1) Rinse
2) Lather
3) Repeat

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
AXP103 said:
1) Rinse
2) Lather
3) Repeat
4) Air dry

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
AXP103 said:
1) Rinse
2) Lather
3) Repeat
I gotta let this out!

Bwahahahahahaha:D This was one fo your better posts, man! It's midnight and I can't stop laughing...

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
AXP103 said:
1) Rinse
2) Lather
3) Repeat
An Instant Classic AXP! :howler: Thank you! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts