Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the game last night with utter disbelief. What the hell was going on?? I did not see a team, but 11 individuals doing their own thing. It was shocking to see Arsenal carving up the Madrid defence like a second division team.

I am wondering has Ramon Lopez ever taken coaching lessons?? The minute I saw the line-up I knew Madrid were screwed. Arsenal packed the midfield and I could not tell for Real who was playing where. No one held their position or stuck to the formation, every single player was at fault.

The strangest was the decision to play Guti and Graveson together. I could not tell which one was supposed to defend, and who was supposed to support the attack. Guti was dropping way too deep and picking up the ball in front of the back four all the time, leaving Graveson without a proper role.

And what about Robinho :dazed: What position was he playing?? He was not a striker, he was not a winger, and he was not a midfielder. What he asked to do is beyond me, and poor kid was confused completely.

Ronaldo tried his level best, but there was no support around him at any point. He could not get past Toure, Sendros, Gilberto and Fabregas all by himself.

Beckham obviously needs to learn some finishing lessons, he easily had the 2 best chances in the game. He did good work in getting behind Flamini each time, but his only asset we all know is passing, and that deserted him completely. His passing was piss poor and left Ronaldo without any supply.

And to the biggest disappointment of the night, Mr Zizou :thmbdown: He played like a headless chicken. His runs were useless, he was not penetrating anything, his passing completely awful, he was losing the ball each time, and the Eboue had him in his pocket all night.

But my biggest criticism is reserved for Ramon Lopez. Has there ever been a more stupid and weak man in charge of a team. Let me explain why I single him out in particular. Rule No.1 in football if you go behind with some time to go in the match, remain calm and play your own game. Real Madrid from the 50th minute was playing with panic, like the match was in extra time or something.

Arsenal could have scored another 2 because of the panic. You had Cicinho playing on the left, Raul running around everywhere. It was total chaos. He should have instructed the players to remain calm and play their natural game, once panic sets in, the team ends up playing like a Sunday league team.

He played the wrong players, it took too long to bring in Raul who although not completely fit, had the right attitude and motivation. The fans in the Bernabéu were inspired by his introduction and so was the team, sometimes that’s more important than playing a fit Robinho who is completely useless.

I am not here to make fun or anything, I just miss the old Madrid. The days of Redondo and Helguera bossing the midfield etc :stress:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
2Pac said:
But my biggest criticism is reserved for Ramon Lopez. Has there ever been a more stupid and weak man in charge of a team. Let me explain why I single him out in particular. Rule No.1 in football if you go behind with some time to go in the match, remain calm and play your own game. Real Madrid from the 50th minute was playing with panic, like the match was in extra time or something.
He is under control, it's not him making the decisions.

Raul, who isn't even match fit, coming on before Cassano is unforgiveable.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I would have played this formation and suprised Arsenal.

------- Baptista --------

Cassano ---------- Robinho

Guti ---- Graveson ---- Beckham

Carlos --- Ramos --- Woody --- Cicinho​

The main problem was keeping the ball, and Baptista strenght would have been useful there. And he his strength in the air would have been too much for Arsenal.

Cassano and Robinho would have provided proper support for the attack, and Beckham and Graveson would close down the midfield. The defense would get proper protection, and they would not be over-run by Arsenal's five man midfield ;)

In the second half you would have the advantage of bringing in a rested Ronaldo and Raul to change things if necassery, pity I am not your manager :pp

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
L-Pheno said:
He is under control, it's not him making the decisions.

:dazed:

Pheno, are you telling me Perez decided who plays??

Btw: The formation in your signature is exactly what Madrid needed to play last night. But fit in the players they already have :)

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
The strangest was the decision to play Guti and Graveson together

who else can you play there, its ot his players. Ask Perez that and yes, he does have a big say on who plays!

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony Montana said:
The strangest was the decision to play Guti and Graveson together

who else can you play there, its ot his players. Ask Perez that and yes, he does have a big say on who plays!
I mean if you play the two together, give each a clearly defined role. That didnt happen last night.

Another solution would have to have Becks there with Graveson, at least he runs more and would have made it difficult for Arsenal to play their passing game.

OR Push Cicinho further forward, and play Selgado at right back, or alternatively, play my formation :D

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
this is all hindsight, that team had actually done well in recent weeks.

Real Madrid say they have no plans to sell Ronaldo despite media reports that they are thinking of offloading the Brazil striker after his criticism of the club's fans.
"We want to make it clear ... that the board of directors did not discuss the future of Ronaldo or any other player at their meeting yesterday," the club said in a statement on their website on Wednesday.
"The board analysed the financial situation of the club and also showed its satisfaction with the work being done by the team coach (Juan Ramon Lopez Caro) and the technical staff." Ronaldo has come under fire in the Spanish media for criticising the fans and threatening to leave the club on the eve of Tuesday's 1-0 Champions League defeat by Arsenal.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Thought the same thing. A player who isnt match fit let alone sharp coming on before Cassano. What was the thinking behind that??

From a defence point of view as good as Cicinho is going forward, he is a liability defending. Sell Crapham and give Cicinho the midfield role.... this is about as likely as barca winning the CL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Zidane has been the teams best player in the recent weeks, and you want to substitute him with Baptista who has not been well at all?? Thats just ridiculous. I agree on Guti/Gravesen example. Cassano should have played instead of Guti, and Gravesen would get the space needed. Guti is extremely overrated, He has no place in Real. Just becasue you make a excellent troughpass now and then does not make you Real M. quality. Beckham is a totally another issue, he will play no matter what who else plays better just for marketing reasons.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
2Pac said:
I watched the game last night with utter disbelief. What the hell was going on?? I did not see a team, but 11 individuals doing their own thing. It was shocking to see Arsenal carving up the Madrid defence like a second division team.
I think mods could perfectly merge this thread with the match's one. However, after the match I can't say the sensation left by the team is unknown to me. We had more or less the same problems with Bayern along the last 90's, which always became even worse when the first match was played at the Bernabéu. the reason is clear: both Arsenal and Bayern showed excellent counterattacking skills, and if they manage to score first, then they can play the same way all along the two matches.

What did surprise me was Arsenal's deffensive attitude who helped them a lot and at the same time stressed their speed and accuracy in attack.

When all this happens, then it is not strange that our team looked absolutely lost. I have no complaints towards them. Arsenal simply knew us better, did their job better and won deservedly.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
What pisses me off the most is that Gravesen, continues playing. Why on gods earth didn't we invest in a new DM ffs. Hell, Diogo would've been better than Gravesen. He has more speed and gives it is all, but all Gravesen does to get the ball is put his leg in teh way or just shove your opponent off the ball. How pathetic, I mean the day I saw him play in the first match against Cadiz, I knew something was just not right.

I would seriously get rid of Guti, because he just loses too many balls. Yes he does the odd good pass here and there, but the amount of crap he does is unbelievable. There are better players than Guti that could quite easily fit the role.

Zidane will hopefully retire, I don't know why on gods earth Perez wants him to continue. Might aswell just let Di Stefano make a come back.

Ronaldo, is over, we need someone to replace him, Zlatan, Adrion Tevez, whomever, as long as they fight for the ball, and are continuously running to give their markers a big headache.

Our defense would've looked better had our mid-field not lost so many balls. You put too much pressure on your defense when you make such stupid mistakes. Man these guys get payed trillions, and look how they pass. Absolutely pathetic, I could pass better than that.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Verbatim said:
Zidane has been the teams best player in the recent weeks, and you want to substitute him with Baptista who has not been well at all??
Where did you get that from?? :D

I said sub Ronaldo for Baptista, for several reasons. The first, Ronaldo was clearly mentally not all there, he had other things on his mind. Secondly you need a strong player like Baptista against the Arsenal defence.

Ask yourself why Jose plays Drogba against Arsenal instead of Crespo ;) Look at Davies for Bolton, they always struggle againt big physical strikers.

He would have kept the ball more and not lost possesion straight away like Ronaldo was all night, and give the other players around him to keep the ball ;)

Cassano should have started in place of Zidane ;)

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CorazonMerengue said:
What pisses me off the most is that Gravesen, continues playing. Why on gods earth didn't we invest in a new DM ffs. Hell, Diogo would've been better than Gravesen. He has more speed and gives it is all, but all Gravesen does to get the ball is put his leg in teh way or just shove your opponent off the ball. How pathetic, I mean the day I saw him play in the first match against Cadiz, I knew something was just not right.

I would seriously get rid of Guti, because he just loses too many balls. Yes he does the odd good pass here and there, but the amount of crap he does is unbelievable. There are better players than Guti that could quite easily fit the role.

Zidane will hopefully retire, I don't know why on gods earth Perez wants him to continue. Might aswell just let Di Stefano make a come back.

Ronaldo, is over, we need someone to replace him, Zlatan, Adrion Tevez, whomever, as long as they fight for the ball, and are continuously running to give their markers a big headache.

Our defense would've looked better had our mid-field not lost so many balls. You put too much pressure on your defense when you make such stupid mistakes. Man these guys get payed trillions, and look how they pass. Absolutely pathetic, I could pass better than that.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jose plays Drogba because the level btween them is not as much as some of you are making it. And Drogba has a minimum of ballcontrol, Baptista does not. And Zidane did not play well last night, but he has been marvellous the last couple of weeks. He has been fantastic, and the reason for why Real has played so well. Who cares about his age, when he is one of the few players performing. You are just looking for a scapegoat like you did with Figo, and look at him now, he is doing splendid with Inter.

I feel sorry for Real M fans. Always looking for scapegoats when the real blame should be put on the average spanish players you have purchased and Beckham who is clearly to busy with photoshoots to play football.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Verbatim said:
Jose plays Drogba because the level btween them is not as much as some of you are making it. And Drogba has a minimum of ballcontrol, Baptista does not. And Zidane did not play well last night, but he has been marvellous the last couple of weeks. He has been fantastic, and the reason for why Real has played so well. Who cares about his age, when he is one of the few players performing. You are just looking for a scapegoat like you did with Figo, and look at him now, he is doing splendid with Inter.

I feel sorry for Real M fans. Always looking for scapegoats when the real blame should be put on the average spanish players you have purchased and Beckham who is clearly to busy with photoshoots to play football.
May I asked whom these players are?

Only spanish player we have purchased is Ramos.

·
Registered
782 Posts
2Pac said:
Where did you get that from?? :D

I said sub Ronaldo for Baptista, for several reasons. The first, Ronaldo was clearly mentally not all there, he had other things on his mind. Secondly you need a strong player like Baptista against the Arsenal defence.

Ask yourself why Jose plays Drogba against Arsenal instead of Crespo ;) Look at Davies for Bolton, they always struggle againt big physical strikers.

He would have kept the ball more and not lost possesion straight away like Ronaldo was all night, and give the other players around him to keep the ball ;)

Cassano should have started in place of Zidane ;)

Baptista should have been brought in for Ronaldo, he was invisible, look at Henry a real goal scorer he took the ball from midfield and scored without service i might add, Ronaldo used to do that, not anymore he is just lazy.

Caro played the lineup that was correct, its just the team came out scared last night. It looks like this year we either play really good or we really suck. You never know which madrid will come out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I meant the spanosh players in general in your club. Players like Salgado, Guti, Meija, Bravo. These players are clearly not good enough. I want to give Raul an another chance though, due to my firm belief in him being able to reach former heights if things are done his way. They need to make him good again.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Verbatim said:
Jose plays Drogba because the level btween them is not as much as some of you are making it. And Drogba has a minimum of ballcontrol, Baptista does not.
Well he scored 19 goals in La Liga last year, he must have some talent, and would have been physical enough for Sendros and Toure

Verbatim said:
And Zidane did not play well last night, but he has been marvellous the last couple of weeks. He has been fantastic, and the reason for why Real has played so well. Who cares about his age, when he is one of the few players performing. You are just looking for a scapegoat like you did with Figo, and look at him now, he is doing splendid with Inter.

Well when a player is in his 30s, one year can make a huge difference. Figo is 32 while Zidane is 34 years old. Plus he had played excellent against some poor quality opposition in La Liga, but has not reached his old level in the CL ;)

Finally you should always play the right players in the right moments. Cassano & Robinho together behind a striker, would have added speed, creativity and mobility to that attack, which was clearly lacking.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts