Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It'd be interesting to hear the views of our fans prior to the new season, be realistic too.

What would you consider a good, or satisfying outcome by the end of next season?

I would expect to be much stronger challengers for the league, be in contention for the FA cup, and make it to the last 4 in Europe.

My opinion is that rebuilding is over (or will be, come summer), and there's no excuses anymore. Time to perform. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
We must be much more consistent. Shitty loses to poor sides have got to end. I think we are not far short of having a side capable of getting to the last 4 of the champions league, but the EPL is top priority for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
hopefully next season we will be one of the best teams in the world..therefore we must aim to win every competition we play in, simple as that.. anythng less than a winning mentality will not do... the passio, hunger and determination must be there throughot the campaign... and that will see this team through the season without dropping silly points..

priority is obviously with the EPL

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If we dont win the league i would like it only to be a point or two behind the champions. FA cup semis, do well in the league cup. 1/4 finals of the Champions league. I think these would be realistic targets for the team. I know that a win in each competion is ideal, but overall this will be an improvement on the past 2 seasons.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red Bed said:
I think this thread is a bit premature, after we win the league we can talk about next season. ;)
The point of the thread now is so we can pull it back up if people start moaning about what's been achieved and say; "look, you would have been happy with this according to your own words 12 months ago".

:)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I would be satisfied with the next season if we are able to play for the league title, if the team manages to battle with Chelski for the top stop. I would even accept to lose the title by a point or so, but I want at least a closer title race than this year in which United plays an important role.

CL: at least quarter-finals. Another first round exit and Fergie can pack his bags. And take all the sh** players with him. I hope we improve and are somehow able to compete with the other big teams.

Don´t care about the League Cup, but an embarrassing exit there is the last I want, because that is always a shame.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Winning the Premiership
Going as far as possible in the FA Cup
Our reserves going all out in the League Cup
Semi-Finals of the Champions League MINIMUM!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
i think that that we need to win the prem next season. This is an aboslute must. Also we have to get rid of the voodoo which is getting beat in the knock out stages in the CL. i reckon quarters or semis is a relaistic aim for the champions league. Also we need to have a decent stab at the cups aswell and i would very much like it to retain the carling cup.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
how can you say until you see who you buy in the summer?

if you get Diarra and Ballack i expect you to close the gap with Chelsea, if you get Duscher and Gattuso i expect much the same as this season.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
how can you say until you see who you buy in the summer?

if you get Diarra and Ballack i expect you to close the gap with Chelsea, if you get Duscher and Gattuso i expect much the same as this season.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
With the possibility that Evra and Vidic can show their true worths and a couple of other healthy inclusions I'd say a decent shake to Chelea's grip on the league. :hopefull:

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Realistically:

1. Finishing strong in the league. If we don't win it then we must be no more then 3 points behind Chelsea.

2. Usual mature performance in the FA Cup where we get to the semi's.

3. A huge improvement in Europe. We MUST start matching other big clubs like Milan, Juve and now Bacelona. Anything less then the Quarters is unacceptable.

4. Play a second-string team in the Carling Cup throughout the whole thing. Players like Rossi, Richardson, Fletcher, Jones (hopefully), Evra, Brown/Vidic, etc must play in every match and where-ever it takes us is fine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
In the league I expect you to finish 3d honestly. Pool wil one or 2 better strikers seem alot more dangerous then you do.

As fopr europe, you'll probably go to the quarters at most and that's where it stops ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts