Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does it come that Brazilian players are so good and conquered the world during the last 50 years?

I don't know, I can't imagine that football is far more professional in Brazil then in Europe?
What is the secret of all this Brazilian superstars?

I don't know?
Do you? ( Ze Da Fiel maybe :))

( I am specially refering to their brilliant technical skills)

( I could have posted this topic in an Argentinian forum to)

ADRIAAN
________

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Its simple.Football is their life.They first learn how to kick a ball and then how to walk... :)

Ze will right an essay just behind me on the subject,are you ready for a brazilian culture lesson guys? ok Ze,you may start... :)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I have a feeling this a debate that could go on for a long time!

Hey Ze do you like Samba?? I love that music! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is no secret to Brazil's greatness. First of all it's a huge country with I don't know how many people..150 million? That's the main reason why there are so many great players from Brazil.

Secondly they have perfect temperatures for soccer all year round. They play soccer all day on the beach, on the streets and everywhere else.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a culture thing. Kids there start kicking a ball almost as soon as they can walk. Then they grow up idolizing the players from their local teams and the national sides. They play every day and try to imitate their idols, learning techniques along the way. The best of these become professionals at about age 12 or 13. The best from that group stay players and play in professional leagues around the world.

So when, every four years, a coach picks 22 to make up the national side, he chooses from the best of the best, the youngest of which have probably been professionals for seven years already.

Kids in the US are the same way about basketball. Millions play in the street, thousands play in college, a couple hundred play in the NBA and a dozen play in the Olympics. The result works out pretty much the same way.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Adrian,
It's all cultural matter. the way brazilians are....we are free, do whatever you want....and that's what we do on the pitch.
We dance, we smile, etc..
Natalya, I love Samba, and that's another reason for our greatness, it makes every Brazilian learn how to control the pace of the feet, to turn it back and forth, and that's the basic of the dribble, learn how to control you feet while turning and on speed. If you see the samba dance , you will notice the same similarity to a Brazilian dribble. Also the pace of the game, is totally laid back, we can change the pace of a game just like of the samba beat, from fast to slow and vice versa.
Jan A, good thought, but your wrong on that one......it's not about population , it's about culture, otherwise China would be the best of the world, and football is the number one sport their, and they were the first ones to play it back in Zillions of years ago. But many people do think is that but it is not.

Also, you can notice, why do an average Brazilians have vision and loads of skill, while a average hispanic has not? I know a lot about the hispanic, as i play with many of them every week, and they are totally blind on a football pitch, even the skillfull ones have not got a clue about tactics or game plan....while an average Brazilian has.
Also another thing, is that in Brazil you got many big clubs, and a win or a lost you will be teased to death, as Brazilians love to tease each other and make fun of people, more than in britain natalya :)
When we lost the 98 WC, i stayed about 3 weeks without going to the British puc down the road, when I got their, these Scots went out to the car park to make fun of me, just in the revenge for what i gave them during the WC :( I was pointing the fifth star all over them! :)
Another thing we are multiraced, we mixed up 3 races, the white, south american indian and the black, so that makes our bodies more elastic i suppose, and got good and bad aspects of all the 3 races and put into the own brazilian identity!
Guess i explained, anyway adriaan go to the webstite www.uol.com.br/bbbola and read some poems on Brazilian football, they got text in englsh and in french which will be good for you! In Brazil football is not a sport is ART abd FOLCLORE! :) :) :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

[This message has been edited by Ze da Fiel (edited 17-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ze da Fiel (edited 17-04-2000).]

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ze, I know what you mean about the Samba dance! Watching lots of Brazilians doing it is a site to behold! :)
But the drums are infectus and there is no way that you can keep still!
BTW I feel for you after WC89...that must have hurt..and coming from Scots too!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Natalya,
yes it did hurt, but i've felt more other football defeats.
1982 i was only 6, i could not believe that, 86 was terrible, i cryed for about 2 consecutive hours, 1990 I cryied aswell, but the team was crap.
But since Corinthians lost so many finals in the mid 90 to Palmeiras, i've become a more stable support coping better with the defeat. And in 96 in the LIbertadores quarter finals we had a brilliant team, and Jardel scored 3 headers for Gremio putting us out, I was really revolted with that one.
ALso when I lived over in Britain, Liverpool x Arsenal in 89, i could not believe that, pity that i can't follow Liverpool as I did, cause i really liked the club :(!
But 98, the team was not all that good, Zagallo picked his friends and not the best! :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well I'm used to disappointment as a Villa fan!!! Had that misery all my life!

BTW did you hear about the Man Scum fans singing anti-Liverpool songs in the 1 minutes silence for the 11th aniversary of Hillsborough...that is disgrace and yet no-one has commented on it...I wonder why! could be because it is Man Scum? :(

·
THE
13,983 Posts
My home team coach made my team to do some aerobics, but so far they still suck, next time I'll have lunch with him, I'll suggest samba.
Watched the manu game, but I didn't hear or see anything like that, but wasn't probably paid much of the attention. Was it yesterday or day before that, but in Peterburg two fans was also killed after league game.(sorry nothing to do this topic) when will this end?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
NO i did not read that. I don't follow the Premiership all that much, only once in a while :(
BUt it is prety sad they done that, cause I remember the whole of Britain stayed sad for about a month after the disaster.
Any other fans done the same Natalya?
About Villa, what happened to that Alan McInally?
Kat, also tell them do do the CAPOEIRA, it a dance and fight of Brazilian blacks, very useful for football, but you got to have a Brazilian that knows the art, cause it is difficult!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
No, all the other fans were deadly silent!! How can anyone use something like that to sing anti-Liverpool songs...that is not a Liverpool disaster but a disaster for the whole of football! :(

As for McInally...he is still about, presenting on Sky now...he still loves the Villa, the only commentator I know who does :) and we still love our Allan!

As for Capoeira, that is so cool...I know someone who does it and I went to her class to watch! I was amazed!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Natalya,
Over my holidays in brazil, I met this English guy who went to Rio just to learn capoeira. Is the person you know a man?? I also toook him ot the maracana to see vasco x man utd, he quite enjoyed it!
really stupid these united fans,

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
THE
13,983 Posts
One step at the time. First samba. It should be fun to see 20 guys, specially our defenders, who are all taller that 190cm, dancing samba.
Off off topic :) 2 weeks ago went skiing, today it's +21, cool :)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Nah, the person I know is a girl!! But she also has an affection for Man Scum that I am trying to rid her of!!! She likes David James, so I might be able to convert her to the Villa :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Coming back to the topic title, you can find the answer to the question by ckecking the "Kafka" thread. It's simple as that :)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Only one thing to say...Typical Alexx :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I see a direct relation between samba and Brasilian football. Its gotta be the rhythm, the laid-back type of thing. Its genetics, its in the blood. Its the way we try to take advantage of everything, that slickness. Comes from the word "malandragem" which I don't think there's a translation for. It leads to bad things off the field but its only an advantage on the field.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts