Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They always say Barca have more Socios then their stadium capacity...but what exactly is a socio then? How much does it cost? What are the benefits? Do you have to be a socio to go to the home matches?
tnx :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
"Socio" is the spanish word for member (it's "soci" in catalan). If you're a member of the club you get a card which is used as a season ticket. You can chose if you want to have a season ticket for the football matches or the ones of the basketball team. I'm not sure about the annual fee at the moment. But you can look at our offical homesite and you'll find it there.

No, you don't have to be a member to go to the homematches. Are you planing a trip to Barcelona? There's a ticket booth at the Camp Nou where you can buy tickets for the matches. If you don't live in Barcelona, there's really no reason to become a member. I'd recomend you to sign up for "Gent del Barça" (Barça people) insted. It costs around 12 Euros a year and I think you'll get a paper for that amount and a plastic membeshipcard.

·
Registered
967 Posts
the yearly fee is a bit over 100 Euros, it's gone up this year but the 1st year the inscription is 3times what the yearly membership is so like Robban said the gent del barca is better or join a penya or supporters group

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what happens when all the socio's decide to go to the same game? Then you've got 20 000 seats to short ,right?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It isn't just about being a season ticket holder. You have to be a soci to get one, but they are seperate things. It's about being a part of the club, more than any average fan card or supporter's club would be. Plus, you'd be doing your part to help the club,as a true supporter should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts