• Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Internet Explorer for as long as I ever knew the existence of the internet, back then it was quite exciting to see latest news around the world and sport etc at the touch of your fingertips, but never did I care for the look of it. I always thought it was OK.

I started using Apple Safari recently released for windows users and the main reason I downloaded it was because it was so bloody gorgeous, I couldn't resist and now I can't be happier. I would attach a screenshot, but I'm no good with uploading pictures. I've never seen anything that looks so good. Obviously there is a lot of choice out there for surfers so which browser do you use and why?

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
I use Internet Explorer but I've heard that it's not as good as others. I don't know why though, when it comes to anything related to computers I'm clueless. A few years back I tried Netscape for a while. It loaded up pages slower than IE.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I use Internet Explorer, and have no problem with it. I've tried other browsers but I'm confortable with IE.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
IE since day one too...Of course I have tried others along the internet way...Opera and Firefox, neither one convinced me to drop IE..Im about to give Safari a try...with Firenzes input here and my youngests daughters pleas to use it I will one of these days give it a fair shot, then decide.

Greetings... :cap:

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
IE is so much more vulnerable to security issues, and it doesn't render CSS as well as Mozilla for example. A lot of people have gotten into the habit of using IE because it's the default browser, but you guys would be a lot more secure using Mozilla (and a lot more ad free).

·
94,478 Posts
IE is so much more vulnerable to security issues, and it doesn't render CSS as well as Mozilla for example. A lot of people have gotten into the habit of using IE because it's the default browser, but you guys would be a lot more secure using Mozilla (and a lot more ad free).
I tried it for a week....about 2 months ago...I never even used IE...for that period of time..in the end I ditched it...too many bugs...to many unresolved issues..It just didnt do it for me..In all honesty I try anything once...so Safari will get a shot next ...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
At work I can only use IE, at home my most used browser was Opera (excellent keyboard shortcuts). During the last two weeks I've been using Safari in a Macbook I got awhile ago.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Been using Chrome for a while now. It was terrible in the beginning but it's starting to live up to the hype.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
At first I used the AOL browser which was a total bag of shite, then IE which was a slight improvement after seeing a screenshot of Firefox and the icon in the XT banner, I gave it a go and never turned back. The fact I can customise it and used tabbed browsing really appealed to me. I know IE started tabs but still Firefox is the daddy.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
1. Opera --> Main Browser

2. Chrome --> For Work Stuffs (simple and hassle free)

3. FireFox --> Backup

4. Explorer --> For emergency. Rarely used. Slow

·
94,478 Posts
Google Chrome anyone ???? We advertise it right here..Any users out there ????

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
I think he means IE have started using tabs "but still Firefox is the daddy".

colocolo, what bugs and and incomplete issues did you have with Mozilla? It's a far more complete browser than IE will be for years to come.

Chrome isn't bad and you might want to try it before Safari actually, it's lightweight and shares a lot of similarities in the way it renders pages. If you like using the menu's though, Chrome probably isn't for you as it's interface is very minimalist.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Colocolo, since you're thinking of using safari, I would recommend that the display does not take up your entire window.

That's really where the beauty lies. I've now seen screenshots of all the browsers, and IE is the ugliest of them all, chrome doesn't look bad... but I do like using multiple menus and bookmarks that apple have.

·
94,478 Posts
Firenze thanxs for the tip..Im dowlading the browser as I type..I should be getting to use it and learn it real soon ...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Firefox with adblock

1 - 20 of 34 Posts