Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........the sun/news of the world never exposed Sven's secret meetings with Chelsea and Kenyon meaning SVG accepted the job straight after England failings in Portugal. would chelsea have won the league, carling cup and be in the CL Semis with him in charge??? who would be england manager???

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sven is a good manager so with those resources he would have had under the russian i would say yes.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Well Mourinho had already been confirmed I believe with Chelsea before England's exit or atleast in talks. I believe they would have taken Mourinho over Sven.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
What if, during the Manchester United V Porto 2nd round of the Champions League 03/04 Paul Scholes legitimate goal had not been waved offside for 2-0. Porto would be out, Mourinho would not of won the Champions League, thus making him unknown apart from in Portugal where he would of won the Portuguese league and cup. No Mourinho revelotion at Chelsea... what could of been ..

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
I don't understand the reason why Eriksson is so underrated... he did a rather good job wherever he went. I think it's much much much more difficult to win a WC with England than winning the Premierleague with Chelsea.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
FiveMagics said:
What if, during the Manchester United V Porto 2nd round of the Champions League 03/04 Paul Scholes legitimate goal had not been waved offside for 2-0. Porto would be out, Mourinho would not of won the Champions League, thus making him unknown apart from in Portugal where he would of won the Portuguese league and cup. No Mourinho revelotion at Chelsea... what could of been ..
i dont like to play the what if game but your right on target with this one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sven would win, why not? Club football is a different thing to national team football and he has proven himself as one of the top club managers in the game.

·
Registered
687 Posts
With Sven managing Chelsea, he probably have sold Lampard and brought in Beckham.. We know that Becks is a better player than Lamps, so you can bet on Chelsea winning the title too under Sven..

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Great question. I'm not really sure. I think in the EPL, of course. Arsenal and Man Utd were hit big by injuries, the taletn on Chelsea is amazing. However, on the CL, I believe it would have been harder to get past Barcelona and other teams. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Chelsea would have won the EPL, only with different players.
As for the UCL, they would has struggled to get past Barca.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Pingu said:
Sven is a good manager so with those resources he would have had under the russian i would say yes.
LMFAO, SGE is a sh1te manager and will see us get knocked out before the semis again

Any manager who thinks Heskey is an international quality striker and uses Hargreaves and Phil Neville as tactical substitutes barely deserves to be called a manager

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Sven is too obvious, I used to rate him back in the days but now with England he shows he doesn't have what it takes. He doesn't seem to make the right decision when the preasure is on, he sticks to the usual and doesn't like to take risks. Everyone knows what team he will choose before he puts up his team sheet therefore I believe he isn't that good manager anymore. England are better off with different manager, he made England to defensive, no purpose and boring.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Owzat said:
LMFAO, SGE is a sh1te manager and will see us get knocked out before the semis again

Any manager who thinks Heskey is an international quality striker and uses Hargreaves and Phil Neville as tactical substitutes barely deserves to be called a manager
harsh, he's won the UEFA cup and Cup Winners' Cup you know :dielaugh:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
DavidSilk24 said:
harsh, he's won the UEFA cup and Cup Winners' Cup you know :dielaugh:
True, he was good but since he took over England he become a joke. For example he doesn't dare to take Beckham off in big games in fear of his good relation with Beckham. What kinda of joke is that? He is too afraid of the media and backlash therefore decides to stick with the obvious and try to make everyone happy besides himself and true English supporters.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
peninsula said:
True, he was good but since he took over England he become a joke. For example he doesn't dare to take Beckham off in big games in fear of his good relation with Beckham. What kinda of joke is that? He is too afraid of the media and backlash therefore decides to stick with the obvious and try to make everyone happy besides himself and true English supporters.
i was being sarcastic tbh. he won the most lamest European competition with a club who had spent an insane amount on players (they're suffering the consequences now) and the other was almost a quarter of a century ago. the man is a flid and us scoring in the first minute v portugal was the worst thing that could possibly have happened with him in charge.

"OK we're winning 1-0 so we're gonna have 11 behind the ball and if u get it hoof it up and maybe the strikers can head it on. Who should I bring on for that??? tiny vassell or ivanhoe heskey??????"

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
FiveMagics said:
This is the key thing, Porto could so easily have been knocked out in the Champions League a couple of times. Mourinho is undoubtedly a very good manager but you need lucky breaks to get the top jobs, and it was Mourinho who got it last season with his CL win. It shows how one small event like one offside call can change the shape of European football.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts