Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you lot feel if I came to Rome and bought Lazio, turning the club into the next Chelsea? Would you be pleased having a new owner or reject it like many Man United fans in the case of Malcom Glazer? With your unfortunate current financial situation I think most would say yes to a takeover like this, however I am sure there are many fans who would say nay against it because tradition is a big part of football.

How would you feel if your club was bought by a billionaire, and what would you like to see happen? Of course if a take-over were to happen, Lazio would undoubtedly became Rome's first and foremost biggest club. Can't say I would be against it..

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's a tough one but if someone was going to come in and do like an abramovich I doubt there would be many laziale that would be to unhappy about it.They'd sign some of the best players and could be pretty much up there as well.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
This sorta already happened when Cragnotti took over the club, he was the Abramovic of his day, pumping millions into the club and buying superstar players. We got the short term success in the forum of a scudetto, but in the end it turned out to have been a deal with the devil as when Cragnotti left, he left us with hundreds of millions in debt, financial doom still hangs over our heads today. So to any potential millionaire takeover, I say keep your hands of our club!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I wouldn't say no to a billionaie owner as long as he doesn't intend to emulate Cragnotti and spend hundreds of millions he doesn't actually have plus redirecting funds from the club to his other companies.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Lazio are almost gone with the debt they are in so a billionaire would be most welcoming to this club. He would buy much more players and maybe create them into a scudetto winning team again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cacìni said:
SGR, quelli che hanno portato il calcio a Roma.
Please don't tell me you are stupid enough to believe that "historical revisionism" that first appeared and still only appears on a roma fan site!

Are you that desperate? I guess it hurts, eh? And then you wonder why we rub it in!

Asroma nata per decreto, squadra decretini!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts