Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a documentary last night on Channel 4 set in Bucharest and Milan on young "Romanian" (tigani) children (mostly boys) about 14-16 being sold as gay prostitutes to foreigners by their own families for money, (in Milan) when the father said they have a 7 bedroom house in Romania!

They showed a bit of footage of the streets in Bucharest and it is absolutely sick! I haven't been back there for some time but has so much changed? The streets were so full of 'tigani' and street children, I was wondering if there are more of them than ourselves.

Cutting Edge: Child Sex Trade

Horrifying documentary on the child sex trade in Romania. There are heart-wrenching interviews with street kids such as Laurentiu, 15, who has been selling sex since he was 12 and others as young as 11 who are preyed upon by rich paedophiles. Even more disturbing in Liviu Tiparita's report is the awful revelation that some of the children are sold into prostitution by their own families.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
It is common Gypsy practice to sell their own children. It's not "our country" as you put it. Gypsies do not represent our country. They are only a minority.

It's a pity that western media focusses on gypsies and automatically associate them with Romanians. Their weird practices are seen by the entire world, and they automatically assume they are Romanian because they live in Romania!!!

Gypsies are Nomadic people that came from Asia and settled in many areas across Europe. In Romania however, they became so numerous because of Ceausescu's financial incentives towards those that had 4 or more children. Si s-au inmultit ca sobolanii, normal!!!

I'm sick and tired of these documentaries about Romania's orphans, gypsies, and so forth. This is not what our country is all about! But it's all that most westerners think of when you mention 'Romania' to them. And why? Because of these ongoing, exagerrated, documentaries that westerners like to make. It seems that every year, it's a new documentary :yuck:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Re: What has our country come to?

By the way, there are 4 million gypsies in Romania and about 16 million Romanians...Yet the media keeps focussing mostly on Gypsies.
The orphan problem was also highly correlated with gypsy families that had about 10 kids to get financial incentives from the Romanian government only to throw their children in orphanages.

And they call us Romanians, racist (against the gypsies). Yet when the gypsies immigrate to France, England, and other western nations, they kick them out as soon as they get a chance. A bunch of Hypocrites. The truth is nobody wants them around, and for obvious reasons...

And another problem - in the past 10 years they started to call themselves Roma or Romany...C'mon, they are GYPSY or Tsigani! Stop trying to change the name to make it "politically-correct" and confuse people even more.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
They are Roma so what's the problem when they call themselves like that? Gypsy/Cigan is a generic term for every Roma, Sinti and a third group whose name I forgot. Anyway, 4 million is a huge number..

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
monte said:
They are Roma so what's the problem when they call themselves like that? Gypsy/Cigan is a generic term for every Roma, Sinti and a third group whose name I forgot. Anyway, 4 million is a huge number..
The problem is accidental association of Romany name with Romania! I'm tired of having ignorant people come up to me and asking me questions about gypsy culture when they find out I am Romanian. They do not ask me about Romanian culture they ask me about gypsy as if they are what Romania is all about.

I've had someone here in Canada, come up to me and say "You're Romanian right....That's the land of the gypsy isn't it?" You can imagine how I felt..."The Land of the Gypsy" how stupid do you have to be to say that? How stupid do you have to be not to know that Gypsies come from Asia???

Yes there are many gypsies in Romania, but they are a different ethnicity culturally, linguistically and socially! Romania is the land of Romanians, not "the land of the Gypsy"!

·
International
9,682 Posts
They are 2 mil., maybe a little bit more, unofficially. Officially, the number is lower. :tongue:

What's funnier is that actually the western governments pity the gypsies. They think Romanians are discriminating them :D and are funding social campaigns [WASTE OF MONEY!] so we would stop the discrimination. :howler: I'd like to see them deported somewhere. Well, like 98% of them. [I know that's impossible :(]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.