• Other???

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I realise we are hardly in a crisis, I mean, we have still got 7 points in 4 games since the break

but we have definitely loss some form of spark recently.. what do you think it is?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Roma have'nt really had a lapse all season and have been superb till now,Sorry to sound like a real optimist and although it seems that Roma are in a slight hole I'm sure they'll be firing till the end.
Remember Juve's 2 consecutive defeats and Milan's setback before Christmas? there is alot of heart to be taken out of the season to date.
Anyhow I doubt Roma will let all their great work go to waste.:)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Roma don't have problems deary me...they are going great...:confused:

I think some of you have taken the pleasure of winning for granted...;)

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
We need creative midfielders if Totti is going to play as our scoring striker. In 2000-01, Totti played more as a #10 in front of Bati & Montella/Delvecchio. He helped tie it together. Now, due to injuries and a thin bench, we are using Totti and Cassano as strikers and we have no creative connection to them, particularly when Carew is benched like he was Sun. :mad:
So I voted for Capello's tactics.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah I voted Capello's tactics as well...not much he can do though with a thin squad...:dazed:

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
1. Montella's absence
2. Chivu's absence
3. Cassano's HUGE drop in form (his last really good game was at Chievo IMO)
4. Lima's huge drop in form
5. Mancini's inconsistency

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
capello's tactics have hardly changed since we were unstoppable.

the players arethe ones on the pitch and are making much more errors than before.

confidence isn't as high as before and i think we need a convincing win against brescia to get moral up.

I don't think theres any need to worry

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I don't think we are really in crisis, one loss to the European champions(I don't count the loss in the reserves clash in the Cup as a cause of any concern) and a draw against a very tough team like Udinese is not so bad, is it? it's true that our form has dropped considerably, but that was to be expected after the string of great performance before Christmas. The main reason for that drop is the linjury problems that hit us, Capello's stubborn refusal to use D'Agostino and De Rossi more in Seria A and the loss of form by some of our key players. Also the lack of debth is a real problem, especially upfront.

Another problem is that the team and Capello got too used to relying on the defence not the receive a goal in every game.

But if I have to choose from the options in the poll, I think it's Capello's tactics. He got it completely wrong against Milan in the two Olimpico games, looks like the same happened against Udinese too.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
I'm not quite ready to say that we're in a crisis just yet (we are, after all, still contending for lo trukke-trukke), but I think Capello seriously needs to rethink his tactics. It was quite obvious from yesterday's game that Udinese had done their homework and had taken advantage of Capello's lack of flexibility.

He's got to shake things up a bit; I know our bench is thin, but a good coach should know how to work with that and Capello is one of the best. Our trouble spots are exposed and still he hasn't changed much--what gives?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
its amazing how you guys know what to do

and capello doesn't have a clue

personally i don't think capello has done much wrong,
its the players on the pitch that are looking tired and low on confidence

we were making many errors and giving away too many balls

most the blame has to go to the players

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
yep capello is part of the team and is partly to blame

but MOST of the blame should go to the players

and thats why i didn't vote for capello

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
its amazing how you guys know what to do

and capello doesn't have a clue

personally i don't think capello has done much wrong,
its the players on the pitch that are looking tired and low on confidence

we were making many errors and giving away too many balls

most the blame has to go to the players
I agree.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I agree with Primo on the striker thing. If Totti is going to be our marksman then we need someone fulfilling the role that he played as trequartista, D'Agostino or otherwise, Emerson still isn't back on great form, his loss has been pretty big on the creativity front.

I disagree that Cap dosen't deserve a large slice of the blame. There are definetly some players who need to bring their game up a notch on a consistent basis, Mancini and Cassano are the two biggest culprits. However, Capello continues to play Lima, how in the name of God does he not see this guy's utter useless-ness? He's absolutely awful, if Alberto was any good, Udinese would of anhilated us down the left flank yesterday, did you see his attempt at a cross field pass to Mancini?? On that point again, Capello refuses to play a player on the left wing with attacking ability. We have it on the bench, De Rossi can perform Lima's duties, as well as attacking, oh yeah, and defending. Candela's not back on form yet but id still prefer him to Lima. I mentioned about this in the Udinese game thread, that if we have two attacking(yet defensive) outlets on the wings, it increases our midfield's potential, it creates space, it reduces teams(Udinese, Milan) ability to shut the down the midfield and therefore stop us playing. I remain pessimistic about our chances for the leauge.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
I agree 100% that D'Agostino and De Rossi should and MUST be used a hell of a lot more. Candela is done though people....he won't even be with us next season.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Capello is the main problem now.

He started the season playing with three guys upfront, and I told my friend Boomer that it was a matter of time until he started to put three defensive mids and only two guys upfront. He did not do this against Juventus, Inter, Lazio and Milan. I was in shock.

But when I was really convinced that he changed his mentality, he started to screw up. Against Sampdoria, he puts 3 defensive mids in the half-time taking off Cassano, in a match in the Olimpico, with Roma tying. Bad choice. He had luck since Totti was in one of those days, but that doesn't change the fact that he was stupid to put the team on the defense given these circunstances.

Then the Milan game, Copa Italia. Okay, he decided to bench 80% of the team, I'm not saying that this was a mistake. But suddenly, I see Dellas on the right side of the defense with Panucci on the center, D'Agostino as a right-midfielder and Mancini as an attacker....do I have to say more?

The Udinese game he did almost the same thing he did against Samp, only earlier and his victim was Carew. Totti wasn't in one of those days and you all know what happened.

Capello is the kind of coach that usually makes his team do great in the beggining, and after that he only administrates. But now, Roma isn't in the position to just adminstrate, since there are opponents very close.

Of course Capello isn't the only reason. The injuries of Chivu and Montella were a big loss for you. I just disagree with the people who say that Mancini and Cassano are not playing well. I wasn't able to see the December's games since I was on vacation, but in January they are peforming at a decent level overall. Mancini was decisive against Perugia, Sampdoria and scored against Milan in the Copa Italia. He didn't have a good match last weekend, but this happens. Cassano wasn't brilliant in the last few games, but you can't say that he was bad against Samp and Udinese. In the first one, he played for only 45 minutes and gave a great assist to Carew score. In the last game, he had some good plays until Capello took Carew off and then he was all alone, he couldn't do anything.

The truth is, you don't have a squad good enough to win Serie A. It hurts, I know, but Milan and Juventus have a better starting eleven and more depth. Face it.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts