Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Betis is actual 19 th of current Liga, after so many defeats the team is in relegation area and will need to win 7 of 9 next points to go out of the possible 2nd division way.

Players are the same as last year, and they finished 4th. They were in Champions League but were eliminated in a very tough group (Chelsea, Porto.

They have a team with stars like Joaquin, Juanito, R Oliveira and Doblas but the team don't have results. The coach Lorenzo Serra Ferrer don't find the answer to the results, and now will have hurry to win points

What happens to Betis ? A good question that everybody can answer

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
sincerely, I don't like Betis squad. IMO Betis had a huge overperformance last year.

One of the keys, probably the main, was Oliveira, and his injury is being determinant. In addition Joaquin and Assunçao aren't in a good moment.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Good for them. Hope to see them in Segunda next year.

As for the reason behind their free fall it has to be the lack of depht of their squad plus the average season of some important palyers like Joaquin-Juanito and the long term injury of Oliveira.
Doblas has also been abysmal this terma and I seriuously fail to see how after making countless mistakes during this season he's still the 1rst choice. One of the worst keepers i've ever seen

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
they are terrible in this season, they have alot of problems with the defenders and they cant make goals..they make alot of chances but they cant finish it

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
They focused in the CL, as Celta did in their time, and forgot La Liga. When they realize they were down and in a vicious spiral. They're paying the consequences... and I don't mind. For me, they can go to Segunda and get rotten there.

·
Registered
711 Posts
ouch. not many warm feelings out there for the boys in white and green.

is it because of our daggy jerseys? we played some nice football last season, admittedly, we did punch above our weight, but were were decent to watch for a fair chunk of last season. we didnt stack the defence and midfield like what some teams like to do.

this season, betis look to be throwing a celta and we'll be lucky to stay up. something must be in the water over there as the whole squad is playing terribly. we need to win to survive, and whether it is pretty to look at or as ugly as sin, i dont care.

the coach must have rocks in his head to play doblas, as i think he has knockedd massimo taibi off his perch as the most error prone keeper in football. i would rather put a wheelie bin in the goal instead of him.

joaquin has suprised me the most, as he has shown in previous seasons to be a player of some class and talent.

for me, the blame must be laid squarely at the door of the coach and club president, as their preperation for this season was abysmal. to get to where they are, they musnt be morons, but you must wonder what is going on in their heads when they dont make any major signings prior to an innaugral season in the CL.

we made our own bed, and we must lie in i guess. i feel sorry for the fans most of all, they are great.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
They focused in the CL, as Celta did in their time, and forgot La Liga. When they realize they were down and in a vicious spiral. They're paying the consequences... and I don't mind. For me, they can go to Segunda and get rotten there.
I hope the same happens to Barca one day. :finger:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I don't mind Betis at all, they are usually very nice to watch. It is shocking how bad they've been this season, after such a great season last time. At least unlike certain other teams, they don't go out of their way to injure our players.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It's a combination of things:

- They failed to bulk up and improve the quality of the team (especially the defence) when they had Europe to concentrate on as well.

- Betis, last season, were the type of team to take one game at time in La Liga and put in a good showing. But the continuous midweek defeats in Europe really drained and eroded their confidence.

- Ricardo Oliveira's injury was massive. Their defence was a shambles from the start, but once Oliveira was injured, the goals dried up. And when you're conceding goals and not scoring, then a slide down the table is inevitable.

- Everytime they try to improve, a cock up by Doblas usually f*cks up their game plan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Real sociedad also done the same the season they nearly won the title. They had a really poor season and nearly got relegated but to me Betis being in 19th is such a surprise and they seem to lose by big margins like 5-1 and stuff. Joaquin will leave in the summer and hopefully go to Man u or Atletico :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
It's a combination of things:

- They failed to bulk up and improve the quality of the team (especially the defence) when they had Europe to concentrate on as well.

- Betis, last season, were the type of team to take one game at time in La Liga and put in a good showing. But the continuous midweek defeats in Europe really drained and eroded their confidence.

- Ricardo Oliveira's injury was massive. Their defence was a shambles from the start, but once Oliveira was injured, the goals dried up. And when you're conceding goals and not scoring, then a slide down the table is inevitable.

- Everytime they try to improve, a cock up by Doblas usually f*cks up their game plan.
right on the money mate.

the manager and board should have learned from the experience of celta and real sociedad and should have padded out the squad with more signings. the increased revenue from the CL would have easily paid for this.

losing olivera was something that no-one could have forseen, but having only dani as cover (whom i dont rate anyway) was criminal.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
why all the betis hate :googly:

i tihnk the fact that they have two clown goalies hampers them, then there defence is a confidence defence, rgiht now with them playing bad, the defence is the same ;), last season the fast counter attacks of betis and the lethal finishing of oliveira helped the mout, this season there lack of depth to play in more than one competition backed up by an average Joaquin and Oliveira's injury they are struggling.

·
Registered
69,727 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts