Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was supposed and indeed was the most important game we had..since CL entry depended entirely on this one!

but now..i hear we lost it...and we didn't even play well!

did anyone watch this game1?/
can ya comment a bit on this one!?thanx..

·
Registered
818 Posts
It was a terrible game to watch if you're a Liverpool fan. We didn't look like scoring if given another 90 minutes. The closest came on the stroke of HT when Owen's shot was cleared off the line.

The attack was pathetic and the goal we lost was shock defending.

I've nothing to look forward to now. The fact remained that Leeds threw it to us with two draws, but we threw it back to them.

(Try to) have a nice day.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm still proud of houllier
but houllier sould learn now that we can't play redknapp hamann and gerrard together..
we had no right mid..even usin smicer from the start would have been better..
for next season..i could only advise houllier to by a proper right winger and a left back who could cross..maybe we could move heggem into right wing..?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were very poor and Bradford were unlucky not to get two more.

Dean Windass looks very much a good player to me!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We made him look good. With so much space given to him, anyone will be able to cause us problems. All the Bradford players played like their lives depended on it. But the Liverpool players were playing as if they were running for their lives, I mean, just pure running with no vision or creativity. Redknapp was out of sorts on the right, Berger was out of sorts on the left, and Heskey was out of sorts up front. The substitutions should have been made earlier. We may have got a goal (wishingful thinking?) if GH has brought on Smicer and Camara earlier. And if only Fowler was there...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Titi showed lots of invention, it's a pity he's constantly sacrificed just bcoz we need to play the big man upfront.

Smicer showed to a certian degree he can be good. I agree we made more chances when they came on.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
As soon as I saw this post I wrote a match report, the problem was, for some reason my password would no longer work. I now have a new one thanks to Jan but it made me mad to write so much and then see it go to waste;

Here's a summary:

The match was alsways going to be scrappy and this was how it turned out. The team that wanted it the most was going to win and that was Bradford.
In a poor first half there were few chances but the goal scored by Wetherall was a nice moment. A lovely header in to the top right hand corner left Sander stranded. The rest of the first half was dull with Heskey dummying all the time and the midfield trying to play through the middle all of the time.
Then came Owens chance as he seized on the hesitation of the Bradford defence. He rounded the kepper but Halle was covering to stumble the ball past the line.
The second half was a little better but I do wonder why Gerrad (IMO our best player) was taken of instead of the out of sorts Redders. Camara and Smicer came on and made little head way but not enough to matter.
Owen was very close in the last ten minutes with a flick of the boot that spun the wrong side of the post.
The moment of the match was served up by Windass who shot from the half way line only for Sander to produce a great save when the ball was heading for the top right hand corner.

The end of the match was nice as the pool fans sang you'll never walk alone and clapped Bradford. Another note was that the minute silence was served immaculately

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think next season camara will play mostly as back-up to berger rather than to owen,heskeyetc...
i think he can do some damage frm there with his pace and crossing

i just watched the final 10mins...and yeah bradford could easily have put in 2 more goals..were it not for westerfeld's skills!
especially that long shot from centre midfield....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The key word here is PENETRATION and we had none of it. Sh.t that sounds quite dirty...Anyway, we need to buy players that will create more chances for us in a game, otherwise we will be having this same old conversation at the end of next season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts