Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, they led the league for 19 rounds, and at the end they couldn't even stay in the Libertadores' qualification zone!! Seriously, WTF happened to that team? Muricy is obviously not an incompetent manager, their team is good... so what went wrong for them to plummet like this?

Hell, on the last game against Botafogo they were limp like wet biscuits even though they only depended on themselves to qualify for the Libertadores - Botafogo basically beat them through superior fighting spirit (to clarify: Diego Souza threatening opposing players and his own teammates like he did on this game is not "fighting spirit", it's stupidity+desperation).

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
Fighting within the group, pressure from the fanbase, things like that. There wasn't a good atmosphere at the club to win.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they just gave up
But they had a chance to play the Libertadores - "giving up" on that is a disgrace. Ah well, I guess they just had the misfortune of meeting a team that had more balls on the last round. :proud: :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
they lost key players after the winter window, I think only São Paulo can afford that in a championship. Had the same happaned to any club they would have gone through the same.

After losing these players they started losing and their confidence was shot, add that Mancha started beating their players and of course they were bound to lose the last game.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
we cant handle the pressure and media attention. everytime people talk about titles, we lose.... it was a disgrace. we had a great team, and you have to blame Muricy for the incompetence and inability to motivate players. This reminds me of Madrid of 2004

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
if you believe you had a great team you are blinded by the press, as soon as Cleiton got injured you could not perform the same there was nobody to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts