Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post this here because the last trace of him performing leads back to Roma and your scudetto season. As I recall, for Roma he came off the bench with some regularity to score goals and change games you couldn't win, he really made a difference. Then he was sold and just never made any kind of difference since. He captained Japan at the World Cup but mostly on past reputation and never lived up to that either. Stints with Parma and Fiorentina are best forgotten and it's been so long now that one really starts to wonder what happened to the talented player that he was?

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
He was never that good as he was hyped to be anyway IMO, a great player at times, but lacks the consistensy and mental toughness needed to become a big star. Selling him for huge sum to Parma was the best sell we ever made IMO.

But I will always remeber his crucial role in turning around the title deciding game at Delle Empty with his long shots.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yeah though Parma more than made up the money with shirt sales, Had some talent but the main thing is that he was Japanese otherwise he wouldn't of had the same exposure and hype.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I actually concur with Numerodix,Hide is a very talented player who has since become a mystery since his heyday of perugia and Roma.He promised so much yet somehow faded away,The constant changing of clubs IMO doesn't help a player at all.
He surely has a gift but whether he can show us what he's capable of again and hopefully as he's an exciting talent,Remains to be seen.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I kind of lost my respect for him when he equalized against Juventus but showed no emotions whatsoever, perhaps except from a pleased smile. In such a position, I'd probably faint.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Thotobald said:
I kind of lost my respect for him when he equalized against Juventus but showed no emotions whatsoever, perhaps except from a pleased smile. In such a position, I'd probably faint.
Vincenzo was the one who scored the equalizer;)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Thotobald said:
Okay ;) But still, an important goal.
I'm splitting hairs now, and I apologize for being somewhat abnoxious, but as important as the goal was, it was no time to celebrate. We had less than ten minutes to go and it was far from certain we would force our way back into the game. So don't be too hard on him because of that incident alone...;)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Nakata is a good player but he is not the luckyest one. He was not used much in Roma because he played in the same position as Totti. In Parma he was not in good form and people forgot about him. In Fiorentina he could come back. He got good skills but he is not playing too well at the moment.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
What a player should do in a situation like that is:
1. Run to the goal and pick up the ball
2. Rattle of a lot of heavy words to pump some life into his team mates.

Not sway from side to side with the largest dollar smile. Don't you agree?

It's not that I dislike him. I just started questioning his dedication after that.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
After the goal he should've went up to the juve fans in the Curva and stuck his fingers up and said"Li Moratcci tua" :howler:

·
Administrator
53,046 Posts
Well I have seen quite alot of interviews from him saying he is not really a Football fan,doesnt like the game that much.And only sees it as work.That can maybe explain Why he doesnt see that entusiastic on the pitch,and hasnt that strong of a mentality.But that him as a player,not just that he doesnt love the beautiful game that is football.

Oddly enough there are players out there who doesnt love the game.Other examples are Barthez and Olof Mellberg.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Osman said:
Well I have seen quite alot of interviews from him saying he is not really a Football fan,doesnt like the game that much.And only sees it as work.That can maybe explain Why he doesnt see that entusiastic on the pitch,and hasnt that strong of a mentality.But that him as a player,not just that he doesnt love the beautiful game that is football.

Oddly enough there are players out there who doesnt love the game.Other examples are Barthez and Olof Mellberg.

Have Barthez and Mellberg said so?

Can't understand how Vieri likes cricket more, that's gay, which also explain his choice for playing for Inter :D

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Yeah Mellberg has said it, but find me a guy that shows more fighting spirit on the pitch. Anyone that saw the Sweden-Croatia could see that, those eyes were just frightening. And there´s also the notorious fight with Ljungberg in a WC-trainingsession. A fighting spirit that has made him captain of the swedish NT and at Aston Villa. You gotta love the guy =)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Yea I know, that's why I find it hard to believe that Mellberg wouldn't like football. On the pitch he seem to give his life on it :eek: the fact remains; he's woodenlegged :D

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Pizza&Pasta said:
Argh, I can't imagine how can anybody love a swede...
:pp ;)
Amen to that!

It's not an important sport (in fact it sucks), but you Swedes seem to take it seriously. Handball. All of a sudden, Norway is better than Sweden. Still handball though. It's not important to me. I'm just glad every time we beat the crap out of you, no matter which sport.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
There should be NO priorities on those kind of "sports". They even have the guts to show curling. Just how boring is that?!?!

I bet most swedes knows more about Anja Pärsson then Olof Mellberg. On sunday they'll also air NFL (yes it's true). That is just WRONG. We want football, not golf,not curling, not ice-skating (no it's not an art, it's just gay) not handball.

The people want; fotboll,football,calcio!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts