Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ofcourse we're all happy that this nightmare has finally ended, we've been into a lot, we suffered from humiliating defeats, we were knocked out of the CL in its first round, we were torn by inuries all season long, two of our players were suspended due to drug use. With the exception of the first few games I doubt that we ever used the same starting line-up two games in a row. We spent this season monitoring with anger how our beloved players controversial behavior, there's a player that wants to leave, another who spitted at the Curva Nord, another who thinks himself above all and asks for a stronger squad next season cos he doesn't belong to this "weak" team. Fiore went so far that he even went yachting once in the same week when we played against Inter if I'm not minstaken in the first round of this season, Instead of working on is recovery or even support the team from the stands.. he goes yachting ! :rolleyes:

And yet, the fans didn't didn't gave up on the players and supported them, just remebering how the Curva Nord was still singing and after the "historical" derby defeat is something that makes me proud to be a Laziali, and I wish that it reflected or had a certain impact on the players, the players should feel lucky to have such a tifosi.. instead, we didn't see any reaction and things became even worse so the fans had it with those mercenary and protested at Formello many times and even wrecked a couple of cars to show how disappointed they are but although, the players continued their poor displays like nothing happened !

Apart from the players now, lets talk about the mangement a little, I belive that Cragnotti should take most of the blame for our disastrous season, his madness in the transfer market pisses me off, his behavior towards the fans is un-acceptable, and his lack of the leadership personality gave the players the chance to behave like I mentioned before. If there's anyone beside the players who should learn something from this catastrophy then its Sergio Cragnotti, he should re-consider his mercato tactics, he should be more "tough" when it comes to handling the players, he should do his best to re-gain his popularity, reputation and the confidecne of the fans .. and most important of all is to be man and take his share of reponsibility for what happened and not just blaim everyone except himself, and another thing that he should take care of his son, Massimo's ignorance is not doing Lazio any good, he absolutly destroyed what is left from his relationship with the fans when he said a few days ago " I'm not interested in what the fans want", what was that for? :confused:, if he doesn't want to help Inter to win the scudetto then be my guest but don't attack and provoke the fans this way :wth: .

The only bright side that I can think of from this season is that we Laziale showed how passionte fans we are and how loyal we can be to our Lazio, and we will stand by Lazio no matter what happened and where we finished on the league table, The Cragnottis should really thank the fans for their endless support instead of attacking them.

However, Cragnotti can still save the day, nothing "broken" can't be fixed, appointing Manicini was a very good move, we need stability when it comes to coaching, Mancio is our third coach in one year and half and thats way too much for a team like Lazio. Roberto is young, he knows the team very well, he has good relations with the players ( do you hear me Zac? :rolleyes: ), and we shouldn't judge him from his spell with Fiorentina because starting your coaching carrer with a team owned by a criminal like Cecchi Gori is definitely not a good idea, thats one..

Two, signing both Sorin and Oddo is a very good start to the transfer market, we suffered a lot from the useless wing-back defenders(except Beppe Favalli maybe), Punkaro sucks, Cesar is good but still young and non-experienced, and ***** as right-wing defender is not very wise :undecide. Sorin has surprised everyone with his great performances and established himself as one of Argentina's important players and he also was Cruzeiro's captain. Oddo is also very good, he has speed and pace, his goal-scoring abillty is very good for a defender( exactly like Sorin), and he choosed only Lazio although other big clubs were interested in him(also like Sorin). I'm trying to say that they love Lazio and they will give everything they have for the club.

Three, a salary-cap is a must espicially with our financial problems, several players recieved Milions for doing absolutly NOTHING like DLP. Mendieta.. etc, and this salary-cap will be like a test of loyalty for the players, we will know who cares for Lazio and who is ready to honour the jersey he's wearing, and we will also know the bunch of lazy millionaires who only care for their own "pocket". A great move by Cragnotti if he goes on with this project !

The last thing, Cragnotti must do his best to get Veron back or at least buy someone like Veron who can be decisive in the middlefield, has the creativity required and can feed our strikers. Bringing Veron back is not impossible, it only needs Veron's approval (!), and Cragnotti to provide enough funds for such a move, I'm convinced that this deal can see the light, Veron is spending a hard time in Manchester, always reported to be invloved in arguments and even fights with team-mates. Also, Veron is not needed there, infact, I think that Ferguson disturbed the "harmony" that was the key for United's success in the past years, Veron's talent is beeing wasted at the old trafford.

The best way to describe Veron's situation in Man Utd is.. let say that Man Utd is a car and Veron is like a fifth wheel there. Its unfair for a players like Veron and they must sell him, if not to Lazio then to any other team like Barca, for united's sake. And I say again if not Veron then others like Rui Costa or Riquelme.

This is what should be done to see Lazio back to the winning ways" again, and to avoid another misery like the one has that has just ended !

Forza Lazio !!

PS: Anyone who reached this far reading my post will recieve a sepcial prize !! :eek: ;)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Well give me your special prize then. :D :dielaugh:

What gives me most joy right now is that this nightmare season is finally ovre and we now can be able to look forward. So many bad things happend over the season and I can't really decide which side I should be on. I was proud when the fans in Curva Nord sang Non Mollare Mai constantly in one of the games in the beginning of the season and I was proud when they sang throughout the infamous Derby. But I was not proud then they protested against their own team in the stadium in a game we won 5-0 and I was not proud when they wrecked the players cars. Mercenaries or not, destroying private property is not the right thing to do. And I was ashamed when some fans wanted to strip Nesta off his Captain's armband, only for the same fans to praise him in the next match.:rolleyes: Nesta is our capitano and takeng it from him would be an insult.

As for the players, we know who the mercenaries are and they have to go. De la Peña's contract expires, which is good and others have to go too. No need to point them out. Oddo and Sorin are good signings and I of course want Veron back too. I want to keep Favalli and ***** at the club though. They are still good players and very loyal to the club, which is something in we badly need. But I understand if they want to move, as they will probably get limited playingtime.

Cragnotti's salery cap is indeed a very wise move and I predict other clubs all over Europe to follow the example, as the TV-money flowing to the clubs are drying out very fast. Clubs simply cannot play the ridiculous wage sums anymore.

Regarding Sergio Cragnotti's relationship with the fans....Well I got a love/hate relationship to the man. :D When talking about Crag, it is important to remember that he is first and foremost a businessman. He buys big and sell big and he knows nothing about football. I would recommend him to consult with Mancio when buying/selling new players for next season. - And get rid of Massimo. :mad:

On the other hand I don't think Cragnotti is the man to blame for all that happend this years. Players and Zac has to take some blame too. Yes, Cragnotti should try to regain his reputation with the fans, but what about the fans? Shouldn't they give recognition and respect for all Cragnotti has done for Lazio? He took over a mid-table club and turned it into one of the biggest clubs in the world. He invested more than 1 billion $ in Lazio without asking for more than respect. Instead his house is tagged with graffiti and fans boo him. I think he deserves respect.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laziali said:
Well give me your special prize then. :D :dielaugh:
Mercinario ! :eek: :tongue:

Like you, I also have a love/hate relationship with Cragnotti, I (like the majority of the fans) respect what he did for the club, he's the reason that Lazio became a great club and one of the world's best. But what the use of all that if he's slowly ruining what he built?

Look at him now, why sell Veron in the first place and then the next year, deal with all the trouble to sign him back? Although Veron's sale had other "helping factors" beside Cragnotti !

About the fans, I have to disagree ! :)

How can they forget the previos losses and poor performances after only one game even if it was 5-0. They protested to show the players that this victory is not enough and they want more constancy !

I agree that destroying private property is not right, but we have to understand how they feel, I could have killed someone if I was there :devil:, they were disappointed and upset from the players just like you and me, and their behaviour came out of sheer frustration.

But the only thing that the fans did and disappointed me was asking Nesta to give the captain armband to Simeone, its ridiculous ! :rolleyes:

And I didn't say that Cragnotti is the only man to blame, he made a number of bad decisions but also the players and the coach had their contribution to this disastruos sason, no doubt :), and I belive that Cragnotti should learn from his mistakes and overcome what he did and he started very well when he hired Mancio and signed Sorin and Oddo.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have always admired Roberto Mancini since he was a player, his flair had amused lotsa people. His bad spell at Fiorentina might not be flair to him being a coach. I liked the idea of giving him the opportunity to coach Lazio. Get Zaccheroni outta the club, he sux in every angle.

& since Man Utd exit from C.League, the English press has been naming Veron as scapegoat. It's totally unfair to a wolrd class player. Do remain hopeful of Veron returning, and you guys can again become title contenters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts