Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that one stand is broken off or something?
why? will they renovete Ali sami Yen Again? and if so, are the plans of our new stadium in aslantepe canceld again??

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
One "kale arkasi" is closed because of safety reasons. There are cracks as big that you can see the sky if you look up from the ground. Uefa banned ASY years ago.....but managed to still use it by doing some minor changes.....which now resulted in closing the stand.

The stadium was renovated at the beginning of the season....but this so called "renovation" only included putting back all seats that were torn down (because they thought a new stadium was going to be bult) and some paintjob to make it look like a new one again!

The original capacity oif ASY is 21,000 but due to the closement of one stand the capacity is 18,000.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pff yes tell me about it :rollani: but they close that stand,and dont have any plans to get build there a new stand?
and about Aslantepe do you know maybe,if the building is started there?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
To be honest i dont think anyone knows what's happened with teh Seyrantepe project.

Rumours (= Turkish media) says that GS had to pay an amount of 5 million dollars to get the seyrantepe. But this had to be paid before new years eve.....and i havent heard anything since! But some say it's a done deal and that the board doesnt want to reveal it before it's time for a new election...:D

I doubt the building of the new stadum will start in the nearest future.....despite this they have announced a new stadium to be finnished at 2007. If they want to reach that goal the stadium project has to start very soon...

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I want the stadium to be built as much as any gs fan because i love stadiums and Türkiye has too few modern stadiums....

Besiktas stadium was also renovated.....but it has too many errors that it cant be called a modern stadium!

I hope gs fastens the procedure and starts building it very soon....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I really hope it to. And we are waiting already for such a long time,
the shittiest clubs now you see in europe with nice modern stadiums.
A club like Galatasaray deserve, actually must have a nice modern stadium to.
Anyway thanks for the info Cengo.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
They started to demolish the Eski acik tribune..a new one will be built

Here you can see some pictures. ;)

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Galatasaray has to perform before they deserve a new stadium. If you win, the money will come. And the yellow-red in the stadium is very ugly. They need to do a fashionable upgrade when they renew the stadium.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
ASY is a very special stadium i hope they renovate it and bring it back to life i like this quote from one of my favorite players its says it all about ASY "Nobody can make me believe that there are only 25.000 people there." (Paolo Maldini, in 1999 after his trip in Ali Sami Yen Hell)

·
Registered
25 Posts
It saddens me to see these photos of Ali Sami Yen when Fener has such a splendid stadium in Sukru Saracoglu over in Kadikoy. I hope Turkiye's number one club will have a stadium that befits its reputation. The situation with Galatasaray and Ali Sami Yen reminds me of the dilemma that Arsenal were facing in England... their stadium has so much history in London and the fact that this is the final season at Highbury brings some sadness to Arsenal supporters while there is renewed optimism that the new Ashburton Grove stadium with a greater seating capacity will let the world see the kind of stadium that Arsenal deserve. I hope one day that if financial reasons force Cim Bom to leave Mecedikoy, they'll have a grand stadium.

Oh, and I like the red and yellow patterns with the seats. I know that Avea pays Galatasaray to have their name written, but it would be nice to see on one other side "Cim Bom" in the seat pattern.... might be easier than having "Galatasaray SK."

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
blaugrana77 said:
I hope one day that if financial reasons force Cim Bom to leave Mecedikoy, they'll have a grand stadium.
Unfortunately financial reasons are keeping GS in Mecediyekoy and ASY. :moan:

Fener got their act together and got their stadium built and are prospering as a result. I wish GS could have stuck to their original plan, which was at one point to tear down ASY completely, play in the Olympic stadium for 2 years, and build a 45,000 seat stadium in the same place...then the lies and backtracking started. A real shame not only for GS, but Turkish football - the fans and history of GS deserve better.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Are there any new pics from the new stand they are building in ASY?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I found one myself....:D

It's nice to see that they have come a long way!

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
All that work in only 4 months! :D

Maybe it will be ready about the same time as they move to Seyrantepe

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
They started 1 or 2 weeks before Fener....so they have come a long way imo!

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Not bashing, just a little light hearted fun.
Actually, I looked in this thread because I'm interested in these kind of things that affect more than just a sports club. My uncle (who is a GS fan) owns an apartment a block from ASY (towards the Metro station). He was worried that the noise of the construction would be loud, but joked that he should have known nothing major would have been completed as promised :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes some fener fans have a complex towards Galatasaray.
what can I say? The biggest and greatest people or clubs in this world do always have a lot of people with inferior complex towards them and those people will try with every single negative news to bring down the other or make them look bad.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
*G*S* said:
yes some fener fans have a complex towards Galatasaray.
what can I say? The biggest and greatest people or clubs in this world do always have a lot of people with inferior complex towards them and those people will try with every single negative news to bring down the other or make them look bad.
:dielaugh: Go take a look in the the Fener forum and maybe you'll rethink your statement

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.