Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
selling overmars and petit over to you guys and making good money off it was brilliant...and now look at marc and manu, they are just losers! viera has done a great job as a lone defensive mid and pires has been WAAAAAY better then marc could ever be...

barca will be in more crisis, just watch as van gaal turns the 'pride of catalonia' into the 'pride of holland' again. say bye bye to puyol, rivaldo, kluivert and co! i doubt barca could ever reach the heights of real madrid, i dont think they are even better then arsenal!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
SRT said:
selling overmars and petit over to you guys and making good money off it was brilliant...and now look at marc and manu, they are just losers! viera has done a great job as a lone defensive mid and pires has been WAAAAAY better then marc could ever be...

barca will be in more crisis, just watch as van gaal turns the 'pride of catalonia' into the 'pride of holland' again. say bye bye to puyol, rivaldo, kluivert and co! i doubt barca could ever reach the heights of real madrid, i dont think they are even better then arsenal!
:rolleyes: theres always one

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes indeed...:D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
No need to come here and gloat. We all know that Overmars is a terrible player. Show some respect insted.

Congrats to the double.:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, i have to admit, that overmars wasnt that bad at highbury. i saw a lot of his games, in 98 he was instrumental in our double win. his pace and control could defy any team's defence, he showed it in england. and with holland he was very good as well. at barca, he looks peaked. wenger could have bought him back, but why have overmars when you can have PIRES! just like petit...he has been a waste at chelsea...nothing like he was at arsenal.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hi,

first i'ld like to say i respect arsenal as a team... they are good...

BUT, i wouldnt come here gloating that "i dont think they are even better then arsenal"...

last time the two played it ended 2-0 to barca, and it was Seaman's testimonial, u guys were s'posed to win ! the team that was sent to highbury was soo bad that alfonso played ! and scored both goals ....

cheers

newbies... :rollani:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the last time barca played us was a long time ago...past has no relevance with the present. the truth is that barca are hardly as good as they used to be a few seasons ago...and arsenal are a team on the rise, getting better in every match they play. we have learnt from all our mistakes, we could have easily made it to the semis this season, but unfortunately in a group of death, things can go either way. barca are getting worse though...so worse they had to get the loser van gaal to coach them!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
The "loser" Van Gaal??
Van Gaal has won the Intercontinental cup, The Champions League Cup, The European Supercup, The UEFA Cup, The Spanish League, The Spanish Cup, The Dutch League, The Dutch Cup, the Dutch Supercup, The Catalunya Cup and probably "the village where he was born" Cup. He is a proven winner. What about Wenger? Premier League and F.A. Cup....a long way to go, mate.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
damn u gaspart!

i was typing that when a message come up and you put it.

sure wenger is a good manager but his success wasnt consistant last time and lets see if it is this time

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
granted van gaal has won a lot...but look at the reputation he has made at barca. turning the whole barca first team into the 'oranje B' side...barca are supposed to be known as the pride of catalonia, while at one point there was only 1 catalonian in the side (guardiola) compared to the 8 dutchmen! players like bogarde, reiziger, the de boers, all players who werent really needed at barca came into the club...there is a reason why he is disliked so much amongst the fans.

as for wenger, he has turned almost any footballer into one of the best in europe...just watch as he wins more trophies...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
SRT said:
granted van gaal has won a lot...but look at the reputation he has made at barca. turning the whole barca first team into the 'oranje B' side...barca are supposed to be known as the pride of catalonia, while at one point there was only 1 catalonian in the side (guardiola) compared to the 8 dutchmen! players like bogarde, reiziger, the de boers, all players who werent really needed at barca came into the club...there is a reason why he is disliked so much amongst the fans.

as for wenger, he has turned almost any footballer into one of the best in europe...just watch as he wins more trophies...
you reckon hell do this with francis jeffers?:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mazzah20 said:

you reckon hell do this with francis jeffers?:D
LOL! good one. francis will be tough to handle...:D he is by all means a sh1t striker...i am surprised he actually managed to hit the back of the net more then once. but you never know, ANELKA, was an equally if not more sh1tty striker then jeffers, and he managed over 20 under wenger...so there is a little bit of hope. jeffers for me, is nothing but a benchwarmer! even wiltord is better...:eek:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
SRT said:

Even that crappy Oranje-II beat the hell out of you guys several times.

And Arsenal started to play some decent football this season after Wenger finally remembered what a brilliant player Dennis Bergkamp is. And Wenger has more reasons to be grateful to the Iceman than the other way around....

But what is your point anyway? That we have a crappy president? WHAT'S NEW?
Worst about this **** is that Gaspart is elected by the socios!
Roger/Robban/nrk/GJ/CM/anybody-else-living-in-Spain, could you perhaps explain to me why Gaspart was elected? Who have a vote in these elections? Does anyone of you have the right to vote?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
SRT said:
the last time barca played us was a long time ago...past has no relevance with the present. the truth is that barca are hardly as good as they used to be a few seasons ago...and arsenal are a team on the rise, getting better in every match they play. we have learnt from all our mistakes, we could have easily made it to the semis this season, but unfortunately in a group of death, things can go either way. barca are getting worse though...so worse they had to get the loser van gaal to coach them!
thats true, barca isnt as good as they used to be an arsenal is gettin' better...

yet, we survived the group of death and went on to the semis... u guys didnt make them and u had an easier run....

so in summary, barca in decline is still doing better than an arsenal on the rise....

on the main assumption of course that EPL isn't worth a dman compared to the standard of la liga.... u just have to count the number of spanish teams in the finals compared to english to back that one up...

man utd in one season got lucky, i'm sure u will agree, then ppl thought EPL was "da bomb !" ha ! where have they been since?

cheers

welcome to the board btw, we welcome arsenal fans and despise man utd !!! just please dont come rubbishing our squad. For one barca is a team in disarray, but still capable of putting a chill down the spines of oppenents, thats how good they are.. as diehard fans, we stand by and will defend them in times of crisis...

G

·
SRT...you had a good point to make about Overmars and petit being really bad investments for the club and Arsenal have a brilliant squad at the moment...theres no denying it, its just a pity you had to make your point like a childish little pr1ck.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Krijn said:

Roger/Robban/nrk/GJ/CM/anybody-else-living-in-Spain, could you perhaps explain to me why Gaspart was elected? Who have a vote in these elections? Does anyone of you have the right to vote?
Well, first of all, I don't live in Spain ;) . About who has the right to vote....well, you must be a Socio to start with, but not all the Socios have the right to vote. Out of the 100.000 + "only" 93.000 had the right to vote in the last elections and 46.000 of those DID vote. Gaspart got 25.000 and Bassat 20.000 votes. The reason why Gaspart was elected is that many socios are very conservative (and old) and they don't want any changes, thinking that Gaspart would follow the path of Nuñez (after all he was his vicepresident for so many years), and Bassat was made to appear that he wasn't a true Cule (barça fan): he wasn't a Socio until very recently and he didn't even know some of the most famous Barça players. On the other hand, Gaspart has been always regarded as a very fanatic Barça fan. In fact, and because of this, I never felt that his psycological profile was the ideal to be in charge of the club. A man who can't stand the tension of matches and has to go to the toilet in the final minutes of important games can hardly be the cool headed man that is needed for such a post.

·
Registered
717 Posts
SRT said:

Well, seems to me that Vieira is going where the money is (Real Madrid) and I've heard that Barça is interested in Pires anyway :).
Hights of Real Madrid? :) :) :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
GaspartJoan said:

Well, first of all, I don't live in Spain ;) . About who has the right to vote....well, you must be a Socio to start with, but not all the Socios have the right to vote. Out of the 100.000 + "only" 93.000 had the right to vote in the last elections and 46.000 of those DID vote. Gaspart got 25.000 and Bassat 20.000 votes. The reason why Gaspart was elected is that many socios are very conservative (and old) and they don't want any changes, thinking that Gaspart would follow the path of Nuñez (after all he was his vicepresident for so many years), and Bassat was made to appear that he wasn't a true Cule (barça fan): he wasn't a Socio until very recently and he didn't even know some of the most famous Barça players. On the other hand, Gaspart has been always regarded as a very fanatic Barça fan. In fact, and because of this, I never felt that his psycological profile was the ideal to be in charge of the club. A man who can't stand the tension of matches and has to go to the toilet in the final minutes of important games can hardly be the cool headed man that is needed for such a post.
Not only his behaviour in the stadium is one of a fanatic fan, but his transfer-policy as well.... Not to mention his choices for coaches....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts