Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season at Old Trafford in the Champs Lge Man Utd go a goal up vs Porto through Paul Scholes - we then score a second which is disallowed despite being a country mile onside - then Porto get a last minute equaliser through Tim Howard's error - Mourinho does his jig up the touchline and his career is made.

His comment last night that the best team lost is absolute garbage - if it wasn't over the line Liverpool get a penalty and Cech gets sent off. Lets face it Mourinho said that to mask the fact that over 2 legs he had been tactically out-thought by Benitez. His Plan B when it was all going wrong was to take off Joe Cole and bring on Robert Huth up front when Forssell is sitting in the bench - enough said. £24M on that donkey Drogba (a signing to rival our signing of Veron in how poor it has been) - enough said.

Maybe Mourinho is not the real deal everyone thinks he is - next season when Utd and Arsenal sign better keepers - they will not have such an easy ride in the Premiership

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
He is a top manager, no one can question this but he is nothing new, I mean apart from the whole act (that I find entertaining) his coaching style is not revolutionary.

Anyway I knew someone would open a thread like this because its exactly what I was thinking after the final whistle last night.

What goes around comes around and being so arrogant isn't so wise when you've had more than a fair share of luck in your career.

Luck or not luck Jose Mourinho is a top class manager but hopefully this shows some people that his success has not all been down to him and there are so many factors in winning.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
hes just very good at maximising his players performances... all good managers do this, wenger and ferguson included. his tactics arent brilliant, he just has tactics that suit his players well. if chelsea didnt have lampard, it would be a completely different story.

anyhoo... scholes goal was INCORRECTLY ruled offside. whereas the goal chelsea conceded yesterday was CORRECTLY allowed. This is a big difference. it wasnt 'just deserts', it was chelsea simply losing, fair and square, to a very good liverpool side and a top manager.

i totally agree with PAV. as things stand there is hardly any difference between the top 3 teams. next season when each team strengthens a bit, ull see mourinho wont be grinning so much... the f*cking w*nker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts