Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious that the quality of our league games has increased quite a bit in the last 2-3 weeks. Suddenly 3-4 teams are fighting for the leadership position, the hegemony of Steaua-Dinamo-Rapid has been broken, and nothing seems certain any more. Even two teams from outside Bucharest are fighting for the top spot.

I was wondering what caused all this. Of course the most obvious reason is that match fixing has decreased cosiderably (probably none is the last few weeks), but there has to be another side to it. Any ideas??

·
International
9,682 Posts
Well, I think the incredibly poor management of the Bucharest teams and the rising quality of some of the province teams produced this result. And when I say the rising quality of the province teams I'm not only reffering to Otelul and Bacau, there are some other teams who could play really really well when and if they want to.

Usually the Divizia A advertisers are focusing only on the top teams, so if Bacau and Otelul will get in the top two that might mean that the Bucharest teams will lose serious money from the advertisers, which will focus on putting their logos on the two province teams. Players wouldn't want to play in Bucharest anymore just to feel closer to the NT, now the NT managers will have to pay a higher attention to the province. So Bucharest teams will have a harder time to attract players and advertisers than before.

It will be interesting to see what will happen. I hope for the province to win [Otelul or Bacau - considering that Bacau still has to play with Farul, I'd wish for Otelul] and if not then National [they still have to play with Farul :(]. Steaua's chances are 0% and so should have been Dinamo's chances if the first half of the league would have been fair. Rapid still has plenty of chances. We'll see.

And who do you think will perform best in the European Cups? Probably FC National and Rapid. The province teams might as well because they'll be SPUER-MOTIVATED.

Regards,
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts