Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking and I think that we can play with a 3 man back, sort of like this:

Quim

Miguel Vitor, Luizao, David Luiz
Javi Garcia
Ramires
Nani :D , Aimar, Di Maria
Cardozo, Savigol

Ok Ok, I was being optimistic as far as Nani's concerned but you get the point, we can play with wingers that will cover the whole side and move Ramires to his natural #8 position. That #10 spot might not even be needed depending on the team we're playing against.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
That defense would get raped. Miguel Vitor can't play on the right; he's a left-footed CB.

--------------Quim---------------
Pereira--Sidnei---Luisao--David Luiz
----------Javi Garcia--------------
Ramires------Aimar--------Di Maria
----Cardozo---------Saviola------

Sidnei or David Luiz or Miguel Vitor : CB

David Luiz or Peixoto or Shaffer or Jorge Ribeiro : LB

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

And it ain't broke....With the exception of an upgrade at LB and GK......

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If you want to play with 3 CBs you need two wing-backs that will completely cover both wings (defending and attacking). Di María and Nani :D do not belong to the type of players that can do that effectively.

I'd keep the current setup as it's working as intended and it favours our squad.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree, no point in switching up a formation that so far has worked very well and 4 at the back is the best option for me with full backs that get forward well.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That defense would get raped. Miguel Vitor can't play on the right; he's a left-footed CB.

--------------Quim---------------
Pereira--Sidnei---Luisao--David Luiz
----------Javi Garcia--------------
Ramires------Aimar--------Di Maria
----Cardozo---------Saviola------

Sidnei or David Luiz or Miguel Vitor : CB

David Luiz or Peixoto or Shaffer or Jorge Ribeiro : LB
Miguel has played right and his not lefty, matter of fact I can't even remember playing a ball with his left foot.
http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/12977/

Ramires is a box to box guy who should be playing in the middle of the the field.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Miguel has played right and his not lefty, matter of fact I can't even remember playing a ball with his left foot.
http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/12977/

Ramires is a box to box guy who should be playing in the middle of the the field.
Yea I don't know why I had in my mind that he was lefty.

Ramires is good where is now and is capable of playing in that position. Yes, he can play as a CM but like many are saying here; why change something that isn't broken?

I'm still not confident enough to field only 3 defenders.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I don't know why I had in my mind that he was lefty.

Ramires is good where is now and is capable of playing in that position. Yes, he can play as a CM but like many are saying here; why change something that isn't broken?

I'm still not confident enough to field only 3 defenders.
Why? because it's the end of the year and there's no games, we have to think of something :smileani:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts