Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magazines

What is the best football magazine? I know that magazines like Kicker are the most reputable but they are mostly about football i nthat domestic area.

I have an issue of World Soccer and I like it very much, so I would like to subscribe to the best magazine that covers world football and is not ridiculously expensive

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
yaf said:
What is the best football magazine? I know that magazines like Kicker are the most reputable but they are mostly about football i nthat domestic area.

I have an issue of World Soccer and I like it very much, so I would like to subscribe to the best magazine that covers world football and is not ridiculously expensive
I also like World Soccer magazine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
442 and Champions magazines are quite good reads.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
SHOOT is/was a good magazine when I used to have a subscription to it, although it's centred around English and Scottish football. It has a lot about Division 1 in it so I always liked reading it.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i like this one:

and i'm not a Toro fan...

and when i was 12 since 16 years old i used to buy this magazine: ( it was a good magazine...now it is shit)

now i buy it only when there is something interestoing about Udinese:rollani::D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
World soccer?? :howler: It's all about the CL magazine. :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Here in Brazil there's only one Mag that worth it. PLACAR

·
Registered
164 Posts
For the Dutch: "Johan"
Such a shame it is bought by Voetbal International :depress:

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
The best football magazine written in the English language has to be World Soccer for sure. It's comprehensive and laden with stats, generous interviews, expert in-depth look at issues large and small (not just on the field, but off it as well), mature, insightful editorials and generally comes off as a magazine very much concerned with the development of the sport. Best thing I like about it? It reports everything objectively. I like how they always give fair media space to the game in Brazil, Argentina, Northern Europe, the US and China.

Calcio Italia? It seems to be targeted at kids. Some interviews are really special (I buy the magazine only for the interviews) because I love reading about lesser-known Italian players in the top, as well as the lower, divisions and CI has an excellent coverage of that. But its editorials are truly pathetic (in the Dec 04 issue, something like 20 pages were devoted to meaningless articles like Kaka vs Nedved, Cannavaro vs Nesta, Buffon vs Dida et al, pretty much like how some of us like to create new threads with titles such as "Pele or Dwight Yorke?") and I have to say that it's not just not in-depth enough to warrant my subscription dollars. Suzy Campanale's Last Word is always a pleasure to read, though. :)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I am only subscribed to the magazine of a Dutch fanclub of FC Barcelona, called Fan Club Barcelona :D

I get the rest from the internet, don't really like articles anyway...

·
Registered
786 Posts
match mag i like cause it comes out weekly and its very entertaining

1 - 20 of 71 Posts