Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start with wc98 because before that he was regarded by many as "just another good player" - one of many.

- Second round. France 1 - 0 Paraguay.
113 minute, Laurent Blanc.
So we agree that Zidane did not carry France in this game. To go to extra time against Paraguay :yuck:

- QF. France 0 - 0 Italy.
Final score 0 - 0. France won 4-3 in penalties.
So we agree again that Zidane did not carry France in this game.

- Semi final. France 2 - 1 Crotia
Both goals came from Thuram. Zidane not involved again. Did he carry France again. No :nono:

Then came the final. Ronaldo was sick but forced to play. Brazil didn't even know the lineup until 30 minutes from kick off. He then scored two headers from a corner again Brazillian defence :rolleyes: From corners. Klose has scored many headers but no one ever called him the best player let alone the best player in europe in the past 50 years.

For an attacking mid field player, he was not involved in any of France goals in the wc except two headers against Brazil.

euro 00
QF: France 2 - 1 Spain
OK, he scored a goal against Spain :rolleyes: From a free-kick. Becks scores a million of those (so we are told) but he is hardly a messiah. Atleast not in XT. Plus Raul missed an injury time penalty which could've got Spain a draw.

Semi-final: France - Portugal.
1 - 1 at fulltime. Stayed like that until uefa gifted France that xt penalty. Zidane scored the penalty. :rolleyes: Wow. Let's call him the best player for that and claim he was carrying France.

Final. France - Italy
The person to remember more from this final is Del Pierro. He lost Italy the final. Missed two clear-cut chances which could have sealed the game.
Wiltord equalised in injury time to take the game to XT. Then Trezegol scored a goal in xtratime to win france the cup. Where was the bald man. Nowhere to be seen.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
gimme one day, and I'll break up his argument.

I can even supply a clip of Zidane being involved in one of France's goal against Saudi Arabia during the group stages of WC98.

I don't why I even bother replying to this thread.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:
Please please.... this forum is not a place for jokes..... please post them at jokes.com, not here!
:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
he got out and came back in.

Made a big fuss abt how he will leave the forum if Milan beat Barca, which Milan did. Maybe there were Milan players in XT who read his threads and got so pissed off that they felt that they had to beat Barca so they wouldn't have to see his nick here again.

They must be wondering who they must beat now.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just as I thought. I put forward an honest discussion and instead of defending your hero, you start talking about the teams I support. Someone is even claiming that he will need one day to look for Zidane's assist agasint Saudi ... :howler: A team that Klose killed all by himself. The worst team in the history of the wc.

The question is what has Zidane done. Ask me what Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho has done and I will reply you instantly. Better players.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
I won't really go into detail discussing this thread, but I remember that Zidane didn't play in the 2nd round game vs. Paraguay because he was suspended (got a red card vs. KSA in the first round)

·
MVP
8,991 Posts
CMBurns, you start all these threads with the intent of bashing players left and right. Who in your opinion is a WORLD CLASS player?

How 'bout you give us your list, just so we know.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
CMBurns said:
Just as I thought.
Funny, many here have the same reaction everytime they read your threads.

CMBurns said:
I put forward an honest discussion and instead of defending your hero, you start talking about the teams I support. Someone is even claiming that he will need one day to look for Zidane's assist agasint Saudi ... :howler: A team that Klose killed all by himself. The worst team in the history of the wc.
#1: It may be honest, but it was biased, and uninformed.

#2: How is all the below a discussion?
"
So we agree that Zidane did not carry France in this game. To go to extra time against Paraguay

Both goals came from Thuram. Zidane not involved again. Did he carry France again. No "

We didn't have have time to agree/disagree, coz there wasn't even a discussion. You come out with all guns blazing, saying you're starting up an honest discussion, which its not even is. You have already decided before discussing that Zidane is crap. There wasn't even a discussion before the "discussion" started. You only came out and say an honest OPINION, with very little arguments to support it.

#3: Saudi Arabia in WC98 was a better squad than WC02. I don't think you follow Asian football much because you don't talk like you know know a lot abt it. Saudi Arabia in WC98 had a great qualifying progress, without any coaching confilcts and coming off the good reputation they built during WC94. In WC02, they changed their coach a few times prior and during qualification, struggled in their qualification against fellow Arabian teams and most of their good players from the WC98 & WC98 class have retired or lost form. As much as Klose destroyed S.Arabia on his own, France too destroyed S.A by a 4-0 scoreline, with Zidane having at least one assist for the first goal, taking the corner for Dugarry to head in. Fine, it was just a corner. He then proceeded to supply a thru ball right thru the center of the Arabian defence for the overlapping Lizarazu to put a low cross to the center of the 6-yard box for Trez (if i'm not mistaken) to tap in. He was fould many times in the match because he held the ball for long periods against a relatively technically inferior S.Arabia side and got so pissed off that he stamped on a player to be sent off.

Klose defeated a comparatively weak S.Arabian side on his own. So your point is? Klose deserves the World Player of the Year? Or is it Zidane doesn't score enough goals on his own to win that award? How many have Ronaldinho scored? Maybe a little more than Zidane, but certainly not the level of a 15-goal a season striker right? But Ronaldinho won the award still, why? Because of his INFLUENCE on the pitch. Maybe you need to be French, A Juventino or a Madridtista to see Zidane's influence. I'm not arguing why you are not any of those, I'm just pissed off to see you pull out this donkey trick of a thread again and again and again in this unreasonable way you often do it.

CMBurns said:
The question is what has Zidane done. Ask me what Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho has done and I will reply you instantly. Better players.
What has Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho done? I'm not questioning these players, but I want to know what your reply is. Shoot.

The thing here is calcio, I slag you off for on the clubs you support because well basically, you show little relevance between your threads and your points except your opinion, which cannot be changed. Thus, me putting up an irrelevant -slag-the-clubs-you-support reply to you is a cynical attempt of showing you how pointless your threads have become.

I can live with Zidane not winning any awards, but you can't live with the fact that he won some awards. The ball's in your court, mate.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Barcawinner said:
I agree with CMBurns, I never understood all the fuss about Zidane either, he sucks :/
He doesn't exactly suck. He is just not as good as some losers make him to be. He was just one of the good players for Juve before wc98. He wasn't even the most important player in Juve. Then came the wc. He did nothing the whole tournament. And please assisting against Saudi and South Africa is nothing to brag about. Then came two headers in the final which changed his whole career. Now you glory hunters are all nodding whenever someone mentions Zidane. Some even go as far as saying he is better than Maradona. The whole world did not even know him until he was about 24. And he had to wait till he was 28 to suddenly be called the best player in the world.

Ronaldinho at 17 took Copa America by storm. Ohh, I forgot. Copa America isn't a tournament. It doesn't not envolve the mighty european teams ... teams like Swirtzerland, Ireland, Greece :rollani:

Ronaldo took europe by storm at age 16.

Where was the old man until wc98. Strolling around the pack the whole time while guys like Thuram, Deasailly, Barthez were sweating their ass off for France.

Zidane has never dominated the world stage. Amazing how his rise to stardom concided with Ronaldo's injury.

Look at him play now and you feel like crying. The guy is finished. Figo is about the same age as him and they play for the same team but Figo is a million times greater than him.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
CMBurns said:
He doesn't exactly suck. He is just not as good as some losers make him to be. He was just one of the good players for Juve before wc98. He wasn't even the most important player in Juve. Then came the wc. He did nothing the whole tournament. And please assisting against Saudi and South Africa is nothing to brag about. Then came two headers in the final which changed his whole career. Now you glory hunters are all nodding whenever someone mentions Zidane. Some even go as far as saying he is better than Maradona. The whole world did not even know him until he was about 24. And he had to wait till he was 28 to suddenly be called the best player in the world.

Ronaldinho at 17 took Copa America by storm. Ohh, I forgot. Copa America isn't a tournament. It doesn't not envolve the mighty european teams ... teams like Swirtzerland, Ireland, Greece :rollani:

Ronaldo took europe by storm at age 16.

Where was the old man until wc98. Strolling around the pack the whole time while guys like Thuram, Deasailly, Barthez were sweating their ass off for France.

Zidane has never dominated the world stage. Amazing how his rise to stardom concided with Ronaldo's injury.

Look at him play now and you feel like crying. The guy is finished. Figo is about the same age as him and they play for the same team but Figo is a million times greater than him.
this post good :star:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
CMBurns said:
I'll start with wc98 because before that he was regarded by many as "just another good player" - one of many.

So we agree that Zidane did not carry France in this game. To go to extra time against Paraguay :yuck:

Both goals came from Thuram. Zidane not involved again. Did he carry France again. No :nono:

Then came the final. Ronaldo was sick but forced to play. Brazil didn't even know the lineup until 30 minutes from kick off. He then scored two headers from a corner again Brazillian defence :rolleyes: From corners. Klose has scored many headers but no one ever called him the best player let alone the best player in europe in the past 50 years.

For an attacking mid field player, he was not involved in any of France goals in the wc except two headers against Brazil.

euro 00
QF: France 2 - 1 Spain
OK, he scored a goal against Spain :rolleyes: From a free-kick. Becks scores a million of those (so we are told) but he is hardly a messiah. Atleast not in XT. Plus Raul missed an injury time penalty which could've got Spain a draw.

Semi-final: France - Portugal.
1 - 1 at fulltime. Stayed like that until uefa gifted France that xt penalty. Zidane scored the penalty. :rolleyes: Wow. Let's call him the best player for that and claim he was carrying France.

Final. France - Italy
The person to remember more from this final is Del Pierro. He lost Italy the final. Missed two clear-cut chances which could have sealed the game.
Wiltord equalised in injury time to take the game to XT. Then Trezegol scored a goal in xtratime to win france the cup. Where was the bald man. Nowhere to be seen.

hahaha this is funny.

what did he ever do in the CL?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Didn't that goal get goal of the season/year ? I think it did nice goal! :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts