Whatever happened to:

Rapaic? Retired?
Tudor? Retired?
Babic? On the bench in Spain somewhere?
Vranjes? Still at Werder?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Rapaic was dropped from the NT after his horrendous game against Macedonia, later that year he got released from his Belgian club and then couldn't find a club for a while. He might be playing in 2.HNL at the moment but i'm not sure about that.

Tudor, retired because of his injuries.

Babic is rotting on the bench at Betis, i remember when he first went there he was called the new Jarni. Not the smartest career move by him.

Vranjes is still at Werder where he gets the occasional game, his NT days are most likely over.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Yeah, he played about a year and half (injury filled) for Trogir before hanging it up.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Rapaic was dropped from the NT after his horrendous game against Macedonia, later that year he got released from his Belgian club and then couldn't find a club for a while. He might be playing in 2.HNL at the moment but i'm not sure about that.

Tudor, retired because of his injuries.

Babic is rotting on the bench at Betis, i remember when he first went there he was called the new Jarni. Not the smartest career move by him.

Vranjes is still at Werder where he gets the occasional game, his NT days are most likely over.
Just to touch on Babić I read yesterday that he is "patient" and he beleives he will get a chance very soon. He was placed on the bench as the ocah favoured domestic players, he spoke about it giving his criticism in the media and was kept on the bench mosty. He says that the coach of betis might be out the door and that he is waiting for a new coach and a new chance to prove himself, he is working hard and is ready to secure a spot in the 11.

I dont know what to think but one thing is certain, he sure is patient!:thumbsup::pp

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
whatever happened to Luka Modric?

really i thought he might to well in EPL, but Tottenham seems not to be the right team for him.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Tottenham is a mess thats what happend. Luka is a fine player who will go on to have a fine career but that only happens if either Tottenham improves like hell or he moves to Arsenal(IMO) or another league (LA Liga). I would love to see what that kid could do in a Barca shirt:lick:.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
hm you mean he is not the one to at least partially blame?

if he can`t do it at tottenham with strikers like defoe or bent, then why should arsenal or barca even consider him?

i saw his statistics and they are very poor. I think he just scored 1 goal and set up no single second one.

still he reminds me of piksi with his moves even though the later was quite more robust.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
No one's biting...

Go back to Serbian forum where you guys suck each other off talking about Vidic or whatever you guys do there..

·
Registered
797 Posts

if he can`t do it at tottenham with strikers like defoe or bent, then why should arsenal or barca even consider him?

i saw his statistics and they are very poor. I think he just scored 1 goal and set up no single second one.

still he reminds me of piksi with his moves even though the later was quite more robust.
You have to see Modric for what he is. He is not some one man team. In a good team and with the the proper tactics he can put on some world class performances he did it quite consistently with Dinamo and the Croatian NT. Also you must factor in it takes players about a year to adjust properly to the EPL pretty much no matter who they are. As for statistics they mean very little in football

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

:howler:

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
You have to see Modric for what he is. He is not some one man team. In a good team and with the the proper tactics he can put on some world class performances he did it quite consistently with Dinamo and the Croatian NT. Also you must factor in it takes players about a year to adjust properly to the EPL pretty much no matter who they are. As for statistics they mean very little in football
Well said. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, whatever happened to:

Sokota? (I'll never forget the pass in Slovenia to Prso that got us to Euros..:thumbsup:). And he his goal scoring celebration and shirt against hajduk, but I digress...:smileani:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Injuries while in Portugal pretty much messed up his career as far as i can recall. I remember his first year in Benfica he did fairly well and Benfica fans liked him after that(his injuries) and the move to Porto it all went downhill.

What ever happend to Goran Ljubojevic ? ex Dinamo player who was supposed to be one of the next big strikers. I think he moved to Belgium after and I think at the same club with Ivan Bosnjak which i guess is another "what happend to" altogether

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
Injuries while in Portugal pretty much messed up his career as far as i can recall. I remember his first year in Benfica he did fairly well and Benfica fans liked him after that(his injuries) and the move to Porto it all went downhill.

What ever happend to Goran Ljubojevic ? ex Dinamo player who was supposed to be one of the next big strikers. I think he moved to Belgium after and I think at the same club with Ivan Bosnjak which i guess is another "what happend to" altogether

Funny you should ask as there was a report on him today in the jutarnji list:

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/nogomet/clanak/art-2009,2,2,,150537.jl

He's finally healthy again after 15-and-a-half months out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts