Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Serie A veterans, you remember a time when this guy was one of the marauders of the middle of the pitch in Serie A and when his attacking capability and knack for getting it done was second to none:

Then, on January 31, 2004, he signed for Internazionale:

And things completely changed.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Yeah, he has struggled to find his best form at Inter. Not sure whether it is because there are so many other good players around him over the years when compared to Lazio but still, he isnt his former self.

I still remember when Juve were rumoured to him as well, but inter pipped us in the end.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only period in which he has come even close to his old form was Fall of 2006.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Deki was good last season.

This season its simply injuries. He has been injured on and off the entire season.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disagree with Roman2K. Last year he was good up until late January. Then he shut down with the second half to come.

·
Registered
59,715 Posts
Well, I recall Mancini placing him on the left wing many times in his first 2 seasons - that's one of the main reasons leading to below par displays.

·
Registered
585 Posts
He was great with Zacheroni, because he played in the middle.

He was good last year most of the time he played in the middle in the 4-3-1-2 formation.

Mancini is destroying him over and over again by putting him in the wing.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
There's no pride in playing for Inter right now. The club has little idendity a new player can associate with after getting transferred.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Mancini wasn't satisfied enough after last night.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Gaetan said:
Quick..close this thread before TAZZ gets a look at it. :D

hahaha

Honestly at Lazio he was on eof 4 wingers and he was in the same position Seedorf was in at INTER and Madrd

Still considered a youngish player so everything he did decently was great and everything he did badly was put down to his age and lack of experience

Its coz its time now for him to step up and he has not. He is what 29 30 31? We all expect a complete player by now. he has disappointed us with his inconsistency

Like today...horrible match but he made an assist....8 years ago that wud have been adequate...everyone wud be speaking abt the promise this young lad shows....but he has gotta do more

Absolutely insufficient

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Although Stankovic in the first 6 months of last season was incredible, that still wasn't the Stankovic we knew at Lazio. What I mean is that he was a different player to the Stankovic of Lazio.

His first 6 months at Inter was the Stankovic we knew, a genuine great attacking player who could take players on and beat them with ease and a genuine attacking threat. After that, he started to put on weight, must've been told to play differently (reason I have not - Yoda) and things haven't been the same. Then last season his change of style paid off, but he hasn't been that consistent since.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i remember he and conceicao were awesome at lazio..veron in the midfield...claudio lopez and crespo upfront...and nesta in the back...what a team...mendieta was bad though...

·
Registered
372 Posts
CUG said:
Yeah, he has struggled to find his best form at Inter. Not sure whether it is because there are so many other good players around him over the years when compared to Lazio but still, he isnt his former self.

I still remember when Juve were rumoured to him as well, but inter pipped us in the end.
Well if you compared with who he played in Lazio........:)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I believe the Injuries have played a big part...he is not the same player obviously...last season he was awesome...that goal against Milan is still in my mind,his technique was incredible he just unleashed a rocket out of nowhere...his passes were also sublime...

I have seen him with us and Serbia look like he wouldn't be of any use to the primavera...he can suck bigtime...if you take out last year he has been mediocre with us...maybe its really a fitness issue with him coz last year he was very fit flying all over the place...rarely did we see the unusuall running style of his where he seems to be hesitating/limping that he usually has when he is sucking bigtime...

He could also have a fragile psyche...no way being played out position can turn one from impressive to an eyesore...Mancini saw his great displays at Lazio and cannot let those years go and seems to believe he can make a difference...sadly it has only worked for one season...

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
TAZZ said:
hahaha

Honestly at Lazio he was on eof 4 wingers and he was in the same position Seedorf was in at INTER and Madrd

Still considered a youngish player so everything he did decently was great and everything he did badly was put down to his age and lack of experience

Its coz its time now for him to step up and he has not. He is what 29 30 31? We all expect a complete player by now. he has disappointed us with his inconsistency

Like today...horrible match but he made an assist....8 years ago that wud have been adequate...everyone wud be speaking abt the promise this young lad shows....but he has gotta do more

Absolutely insufficient
Finally we agree on something :D

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
He his so hopeless, it seems he forgot how to play. Everytime he plays, he doesn't seem to have any function within the team. ITs so fricking frustrating to watch this man run around the pitch with ****ing no clue. He's gained so much weight, and ppl had a go at Adriano pfff.

Yes he was good for us last season (great in the derby) but that shouldn't excuse him from playing football. Its clear he was rushed back from injury the time Mancini was saying he might need surgery and he could be out for the remainder of the season.

Any other decent manager would have sacked this peace of shit from the first team. I wish he plays tomorrow and against Liverpool, atleast something I can laugh at.

[/rant]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
seing that team picture of Lazio reminds me of Serie A back then.. miss those old times. great teams, with world class players in almost every team

1 - 20 of 20 Posts